• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Brizzy Smashers: QSB - Queensland Smash Buddies - 24/02/06

NG7

Smash Lord
Greetings all.

Hungry for smash? Well let's get down to business.

All are welcome to participate in

QSB - QUEENSLAND SMASH BUDDIES

A chance to test your smash skill in a friendly environment.​

Results:
Singles:
1. Syke
2. Scrubs
3. King Kong
4. Tristan
5. Accelerate
5. Radiance
7. Sieg
7. Vyse
9. GTR
9. NG7
9. Yokai
9. K-0S
13. Moose
14. D.J Cat
15. Sirias (didn't participate)

Doubles:
1. Emo and a Downsyndrome (Syke and Scrubs)
2. Team John Paul (Triss and GTR)
3. Undead Kong (Moose and King Kong)
4. Bag of Puppies (Sirias and D.J Cat)
5. Radiance and NG7
6. Team Japan (Vyse and Accelerate)
7. K-0S and Yokai
8. Sieg and a lvl 9 Ganon

Edit: Also Moose wins first post.

NG7

Smash Lord
I need everyone's opinion on banning poke floats from the entire tournament because that's how it is in the current rules.

NG7

Smash Lord
It was banned for both Squat 3 and 4 and their were no objections.
In medieval times people threw their **** out their windows onto the streets and there were no objections.

If people have no objections to pokefloats being banned let the people say that. :lick:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
S1 was a test, S2 was fine tuning. S3 and 4 were the final product of perfection. If anyone had objections to poke floats being banned they would have said so at S3 and nobody did. Why are we even discussing this?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Woah...

Just woah. Already spammed severely.

I can bring a TV and a Cube.
TV will be tricky, and I'd rather not, but its REALLY good for Smash and people will like the size of it.
It fits in my car, its just a matter of getting it from car, into venue, without dying.

@NG7 - Awesome name. So cute. QSB i'm talking about.

@Poke Floats - In please.

I request a team partner.
Kas, Moose, it appears you both have none...maybe I'm wrong.
Although your chance are increased if you team with each other, cause I am borange at the game.

Whoever, does team with me, it would be good if we could practise somewhere, sometime before the tourny.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Ok guys im up for it what ever the date is i have 3 things to add:

1. I think pokefloats should be banned as it brings more luck and chance in to the game rather than skill(Basically the same reason why we have items turned off). Also there are some glitches in the stage as well such as falling through the stage etc.

2. I would also like to really emphasise a rule that i noticed as i intend to use it to its full extent:
NG7;Stage & Character Selection said:
1. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
3. I am able to bring a cube or wii, or what ever is preferred and a copy of smash.

This looks to be a good tourney hope to see all there. Hope to kick all your As.ses :p
Now lets just set a date i prepose The 24th of february :D

~laters~

NG7

Smash Lord
I think we should ban ICs infinite. I don't really see the point of doing a percentage cap since it's 150 or something and that's pretty much a KO anyway.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
New IC's grab rule - Only 1 hit per grab is allowed, not incl the freeze. e.g grab, hit once with nana, then use the ice and smash or whatever. You get 1 warning per match, after the warning, you will have to forfiet your current stock that you are on.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
1 hit per grab is stupid. Other characters can do more than 1 hit per grab. Banning the infinite I am all for though.

I can bring a T.V and cube.

NG7

Smash Lord
This isn't s3 or 4 Zac. You say no-one complained about it, but guess what? Someone did. Aaron made alot of posts on this boards finding out whether it was banned or not. Now that i've brought it to attention turns out ppl want it in.

So it's in.

Still need more thoughts on ICs infinite tho.

Jaz

Smash Ace
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! onwed mad avatras lolz
i am making the banners i'll mis squat and will have to come up with a new way to present banners >.< alas i'll rise to the challenge

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
IC infinite really only affects Sloth, but I say let it in. Just don't get grabbed. Wobbles is fun
<3

Sloth

Smash Ace
To be honest. Putting % restrictions are stupid. You either put it at a point like 200 because past that is considered stalling.

Also. I am all for IC infinite being banned. Even tho I can wobbles now.

Unless they play Peach. Then Wobbles is fine ^_^ awwww.

NG7

Smash Lord
IC infinite really only affects Sloth, but I say let it in. Just don't get grabbed. Wobbles is fun
<3
Oh? When are you three coming up? I didn't think it'd be anytime soon considering the ken tourney and stuff.

Some of us can actually do it so this rule wouldn't be in here for nothing haha.

Sieg

Smash Champion
K Sex go go go. We have a date confirm yet?

I can bring a cube if we need one.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
What date to people want?

It really doesn't bother me.

The 17th as originally suggested will do fine.
And yeah I'll bring my TV and Cube.
And I'll be driving. So if you want a lift say so now.
Juggy and Yokai get first priorty if they want it.
I might even make multiplae trips if it'll help the tourny run smoother...

Sirias

Smash Champion
@Zac - Lol, me and you are teaming? <_<;; But you scare me... And ffs... 'hardout'. Heheh.

@Bob - If Matt does come, I wouldn't mind teaming with you, the game's just for fun anyway. It's not like I'm trying to become a total hardout. Unless you wanna go with someone else, that's fine~

@Pokefloats - Omg, I don't care. Lol.

@Rules - Man... seriously... I can't be bothered reading the rules. I'll just learn them as I go along. Lol. I haven't really played in any Tournaments to know the rules or anything. Apart from 1... but that was like 4 months ago.

@Me - I can bring a Cube which doesn't seem necessary. I don't know about a T.V... once my idiotic parents finally get their OWN T.V, I'll be getting the other one, which I could bring. Except someone would obviously have to drive me, since I can't, and I don't feel like dragging a T.V (that isn't small) 100 miles.

@Everyone - Who's coming?

@Date - I think it's fine with me. I'm not going to be working till March anyway. 17th, yes?

Le Edit:

@Bob again - Your T.V's rather big, right? And from you saying 'without dying' I'm guessing you can't really carry it all by yourself. Why not just ask for help? Heh. I'm sure people will bring their cellphones (AND HOPEFULLY HAVE THEM TURNED ON *coughZACcoughcough*) so you could just ring/text. And if we 'do' team, or even if not, we can still practice whenever.~

... I still need a freakin phone. *lost my phone lol*

@Spam - I haven't played Smash since... that last meet at Ben's. So I think I really would need practice before going into QSB. I mean, the last tourny I went to, I hadn't played Smash in about 2 months or so? I 'thought' I would do alright, but I ended up forgetting how to do everything. So yeah. Practice before tourny = Thumbs up.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Same with me.
I am just voicing my opinion about the rules cuz I wuv you guys.

Especially Syke for the magic wristbands of everlasting friendship.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
yer wuteva i don't care wut date, as long as its saturday sunday=D and we got 2 weekss notice so my teampartner can get work off:D

Top Bottom