• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we're talking about tehepicryuga. She's female.

I don't know what she's like as I haven't played with her and do not know her personally, so I can't judge.But she seems pretty cool for when we've collided on the site.

If it's someone else then this post is irrelevant.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I have heard of it and seen a clip. That's it. Not that I'm uninterested or anything, mind.
Someone on the Georgia Smash 4 page on Facebook told me that Ike reminded him of Guts. I went to check it out and I was impressed. Guts is AWESOME and I can now see the influence he put to Ike. If you've ever played Valkyrie Profile, Guts was also an inspiration for Arngrim. I love the mercenary greatsword characters, so they fit right in. I can also see some mild influence to Soul Calibur and heavy influence to Dark Souls, so I've been quite enjoying it.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Someone on the Georgia Smash 4 page on Facebook told me that Ike reminded him of Guts. I went to check it out and I was impressed. Guts is AWESOME and I can now see the influence he put to Ike. If you've ever played Valkyrie Profile, Guts was also an inspiration for Arngrim. I love the mercenary greatsword characters, so they fit right in. I can also see some mild influence to Soul Calibur and heavy influence to Dark Souls, so I've been quite enjoying it.
Really? Wow. I do love me some Dark Souls and did enjoy Soul Calibur 2 and 5, so I'll have to check it out.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Really? Wow. I do love me some Dark Souls and did enjoy Soul Calibur 2 and 5, so I'll have to check it out.
Don't quote me on the Soul Calibur part, actually. Siegfried being a badass mercenary with a claymore is the only thing I really attribute it to, haha.

But there's YouTube videos of Dark and Demon's Souls almost DIRECT references to the series.

Last edited:

NeoArcadiaX_SM

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperMario248
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
So I got a question for all of you.

How many of you watch or read Berserk?
Berserk is amazing you pretty much stated my views on it. Guts reminds me of Ike around the Golden Age Arc and he's definitely darker lol. It's unfortunate that the author doesn't make Berserk a huge priority, chapters take forever to come out so I am just taking my time with manga.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Berserk is amazing you pretty much stated my views on it. Guts reminds me of Ike around the Golden Age Arc and he's definitely darker lol. It's unfortunate that the author doesn't make Berserk a huge priority, chapters take forever to come out so I am just taking my time with manga.
Me too. I letting myself enjoy other anime/manga so I don't burn through the story. I'm impressed with Miura's usage of darker elements to add depth and intensity to the plot. Not a lot of mangaka are willing to do that.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576

Been meaning to pick it up, but I'm not sure I want to suffer waiting for new chapters when I eventually catch up. Miura is too busy playing Idolm@ster these days.

Herr Director

Smash Rookie
NNID
Herr_Director

My roommate introduced me to Berserk in college so his Smash 4 redesign sent my brain instantly to that. Glad I wasn't alone in catching the resemblance!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
You're into JoJo? I feel so at home here. Berserk is awesome. It's have a gripping plot in a medical setting.
JoJo is great so far but I only just started. Still in Phantom Blood.
So I saw today's Death Battle of Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro and at the end they said the next one would be Nightmare vs Guts.

It's funny because we talked about Guts and Soul Calibur on this same page. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
JoJo is great so far but I only just started. Still in Phantom Blood.
So I saw today's Death Battle of Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro and at the end they said the next one would be Nightmare vs Guts.

It's funny because we talked about Guts and Soul Calibur on this same page. Coincidence?
That looks awesome. I'll look out for that.

As for JoJo and Berserk, I recommend watching the anime for JoJo. It's more alive and ridiculous than the manga and better captures the tone of the series you can watch it on crunchyroll. Avoid the Berserk anime though. It has several cuts and doesn't do the manga justice. It also only covers the Golden Age arc. The manga is much longer.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't visit here often and I think I know one person here, but I wanted to share so I flipped a coin heads for marth, tails for ike
so hi, hope this entertains
So to start off this thread of anything social pertaining to Ike, What was you're best Ike moment in the games he appeared in so far, (Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Brawl)
I refuse to answer your questionnaire
but to make you feel better here's a furret

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
iight I'm now living in Michigan.

Once I have things settled I'm gonna start to look for tournaments in Lansing to play, maybe get more ambitious when I actually know the area. Driving 17 hours in 2 days sucks.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've been meaning to watch Berserk for quite sometime; it looks great!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I got Radiant Dawn the other day and I'm loving it. I'm at the Part 1 Endgame. A lot harder than Awakening though, but that's good.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So I got Radiant Dawn the other day and I'm loving it. I'm at the Part 1 Endgame. A lot harder than Awakening though, but that's good.
cool also
don't ruin it for me pls, I still need to play through it after I beat FE:Gaiden

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I hope you trained up Aran and Laura so you have a good tank and healer for the Dawn Brigade. Pretty much all of the Dawn Brigade gets outclassed by units you get in Parts 2 and 3, but there's one particularly hard chapter that features them.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I hope you trained up Aran and Laura so you have a good tank and healer for the Dawn Brigade. Pretty much all of the Dawn Brigade gets outclassed by units you get in Parts 2 and 3, but there's one particularly hard chapter that features them.
Actually Laura was killed in a earlier mission. I don't have healer atm. Hoping one comes along later.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Actually Laura was killed in a earlier mission. I don't have healer atm. Hoping one comes along later.
Always restart when you lose a character.

Always

You lost the Dawn Brigade's only dedicated healer. You have Micaiah and healing items only. With some VERY difficult chapters ahead.

Have fun!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Always

You lost the Dawn Brigade's only dedicated healer. You have Micaiah and healing items only. With some VERY difficult chapters ahead.

Have fun!
think of it this way, he is upping the challenge :D

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, you might be kind of boned without Laura. She's far from the best healer, but she's the only one the DB's got.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Always

Have fun!
No need to be sarcastic about it. If I lose a character, I'm not going to restart. I feel that it takes away from the spirit and challenge from the game.

From a competitive standpoint, I'm already on Part 2 Chapter 1. I'm probably not going to restart my entire file for one character, unless later levels prove to be nigh unbeatable. Mind you, I'm playing on the Easy difficulty.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm not being sarcastic. That's legitimate advise and how the majority of people played Fire Emblem until Awakening came around with Casual Mode.

Realistically, that's how you're supposed to play. Easy mode you *should* be fine. But once you hit Part 3 and start imagining some of those chapters in Hard Mode, you'll see why I said that.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm not being sarcastic. That's legitimate advice and how the majority of people played Fire Emblem until Awakening came around with Casual Mode.

Realistically, that's how you're supposed to play. Easy mode you *should* be fine. But once you hit Part 3 and start imagining some of those chapters in Hard Mode, you'll see why I said that.
Alright then. I'm probably going to do a run though on a harder difficulty after I'm finished this one. Apparently the other mode are supposed to be absolutely brutal. Can't wait to try it though.

I like the plot of RD a lot more than Awakening. Awakening had such a basic plot, but a large cast of great characters. RD seems to be the opposite. A deep and engaging plot, but not too many deep characters.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The true hero of 3-13 needs no name, needs no glory, he just get's tired of subhuman bullsh*t and decides to wreck some b**hes!

He'll forever be known as:

Our hero; The 3-13 Archer.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
RD'd characters rely somewhat on having played FE9, which is part of the problem. The base convos fix this a little bit, particularly later on.

Even then, Micaiah has a deeper character than almost every character in Awakening to me, so eh. Also in Part 2-1, you get one of the best characters in the entire game. On any difficulty other than maybe Easy, you WILL be relying on him heavily in one chapter in particular.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
RD'd characters rely somewhat on having played FE9, which is part of the problem. The base convos fix this a little bit, particularly later on.

Even then, Micaiah has a deeper character than almost every character in Awakening to me, so eh. Also in Part 2-1, you get one of the best characters in the entire game. On any difficulty other than maybe Easy, you WILL be relying on him heavily in one chapter in particular.
I'm assuming Haar or Bromide, right?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
aw did i miss all the jojo talk?

I was screwing around with Ike's quickdraw today and realized i could do b-turnarounds, b-reverses, and wavebounces with it. I mean, I always knew it was possible, especially when you're b-sticking, I just never thought I could pull it off without b-sticking, so I'm quite pleased with myself. B-reversing Eruption is a lot of fun too.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Alright then. I'm probably going to do a run though on a harder difficulty after I'm finished this one. Apparently the other mode are supposed to be absolutely brutal. Can't wait to try it though.

I like the plot of RD a lot more than Awakening. Awakening had such a basic plot, but a large cast of great characters. RD seems to be the opposite. A deep and engaging plot, but not too many deep characters.
I think most of the character development was placed in the game before hand
Now as for awakening
I can't stand how dam impractical the design of some of the characters' armor is in that game and I feel like over half of the cast was created for a comedy script. I still enjoyed the personality shown I just wish people in a war were a tad bit more serious.

Top Bottom