• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, the thing I didn't like about RD was the complete gutting of the Support conversations. Like they exhausted all the actual characterization in PoR and just slapped together a bunch of generic lines for RD. I loved Mia in PoR but Zihark outclassed her in every way, now she's an amazing swordmaster/trueblade in RD and she has none of the character that made me like her in the first place.

My favorite units out of Part 2 are Haar and Nephenee. Nephenee's growth rates are just crazy, strong, tough, and quick to boot, and Haar, Haar is just a god.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm assuming Haar or Bromide, right?
Haar. Brom ain't that good.

@ Mia convo: that wasn't strictly true. Mia had better speed and res, and was safer due to naturally having vantage. She also had an earlier starting time by several chapters (And Zihark can't do much on his starting chapter due to where he is + The Black Knight appearing). They were fairly comparable to each other.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Zihark had better stats in HP, Str, Skl, and Def, and equal Spd growth. Mia only had the Res.

The real problem is that on top of this, Mia and Lucia had lower Str and Def caps than Zihark and Stefan - 22 Str isn't enough to work with! Mist was more useful in combat than she was, as long as she had a magic sword to use. They still had a slightly lower cap than the men in RD, but the difference was only 1 Str instead of 2 then and the endgame wasn't filled with extremely durable enemies that they could barely scratch.

alsoPoRMia'sswordmasteroutfitwassougly

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Coulda sworn Mia had a higher speed cap due to how they tried to balance the caps. Men got Strength and Def, Ladies got Speed and Res.

Either way, I always found the level difference to be the killer. I had no real reason to switch to Zihark because Mia would be several levels ahead of him with very comparable stats + the better starting ability + supports already started in some cases.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So the only other unit I lost was Astrid. Was she going to be an important character later on?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So the only other unit I lost was Astrid. Was she going to be an important character later on?
I wonder if astrid has the same deathwish in RD as she had in PoR
also can't help you sorry

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Astrid's not really useful - the game gives you a LOT of Paladins, and she's not one of the stronger ones. And being a Bow Paladin, she won't even get much use out of the SS-level bow, the Double Bow, whose main claim to fame is being able to attack in close quarters. Shinon or Rolf's your best bet if you want a bow user - Shinon is faster and more durable, while Rolf has better strength growth. But I generally find Shinon easier to work with - something I learned when I played the game was that level ups earned by Bonus EXP always gives +1 to three stats, no matter how low their growth rate in a stat may be, unless they have fewer than three stats still left unmaxed. So this means that once units start reaching stat caps, Bonus EXP level ups become extremely valuable for boosting up the stats they don't gain as easily, such as Res for units like Ike and Haar.

What I became fond of doing was picking my units so that my final Endgame army would have a unit capable of using each SS level weapon. Ike gets his Ragnell of course, Mia gets the Vague Katti, and Mist gets to swing the Alondite around - she can't do crap with it, but I find that weapon combo hilarious. Haar gets the axe Urvan, Nephenee gets the lance Wishblade, Shinon gets the Double Bow, Soren gets Rexcalibur, a certain unique fire mage you get in Part 4 gets Rexblaze, and although she's a very subpar mage this time around I go to the trouble of training Ilyana just so I have someone to use Rexbolt at endgame. Sothe has his dinky little SS knife of course, but he can't do crap in Endgame so he just sits back where he's not in the way. The sole exception is that Micaiah gets Nosferatu instead of Rexaura, just because she absolutely murders Endgame-3 with that thing.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Ike is basically a Shaq clone anyway, just with a sword instead of projectile basketballs and slam dunks.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike is basically a Shaq clone anyway, just with a sword instead of projectile basketballs and slam dunks.
Well the interesting thing is that the Basketball isn't a true projectile, but rather a disjointed hitbox. This means that Shaq's attacks can't be reflected. Best part is that Shaq's move are all true spikes allowing him to gimp while onstage. He can even bounce his basketball off of other fighters in a similar vein to Bouncing Fish, meaning he can spike multiple opponents.

tl;dr
Shaq makes Diidy look like Pichu, better nerf Greninja to balance things out.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Diddy trying to recover? STUFFED!

Blocked shots are the best edgeguard.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Turn the sword into a bball and we are doing dunks. Aether drive is Michael Jordan. Aether wave is Charles Barkley.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
The regular aether would be Karl Malone then.

Just throw the ball as high as possible!

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Tweaked character balancing confirmed in the Nintendo Direct today. Anyone else happy that Ike will stand a better chance in tournaments?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I voted for Ray 01. I wants my custom robo.

And I doubt Ike will be touched again. Got a lot of patches last time around.

If he does though, I'll laugh.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Sweetspotted ledge snap Aether, please? I haven't been FLUDDed to the blast zone in a while, but it still stings!

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Sweetspotted ledge snap Aether, please? I haven't been FLUDDed to the blast zone in a while, but it still stings!
Would be nice to have, but, at the same time, wouldn't we lose our meteor smash? ^-^

Although it probably would not happen, I'm hoping Aether could snap ledges backwards again.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I guess it depends on how tight the sweetspot needs to be, if we got something like that - most of my Aetherspikes occurred with Ike slightly above the ledge.

If we could snap backwards again, though, ooh, the spiking shenanigans we could pull with a throw at the edge...

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
nintendo is running a character pole on the smash bothers website
Edit: for possible future dlc characters
In that case, Roy's our boy!

If I can make two votes then my second will go to Wolf. If he's an option.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
In that case, Roy's our boy!

If I can make two votes then my second will go to Wolf. If he's an option.
the poll is so ambiguous you can type in whatever you want
your mom.png

Disclaimer : your mother probably won't get in

Last edited:
Top Bottom