• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
I was unaware that Ikes Eruption would spike. Does any one have a certain proof or frame of which this occurs?

Also, Bidou tech, good for Ike or just more in the way?

I for one think there could be some good utility in unique movement options and even more space control.
I mean, I'm all for a more agressive Ike, slapping b*****s silly with a b*****d sword.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Eruption spikes grounded opponents only when hitting with the tip and when not fully charged. So it's utterly pointless, in other words.

But word of using the spike to edgeguard got around for a bit because Wario had a glitch where he'd be considered grounded if he jumped off his motorcycle, causing Eruption to be able to spike him and Aether's spike hit to miss him, until it was fixed not too long ago.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I'm curious about the bidou setup for Ike as well. Most of my focus has been going into Pokken and SFV lately, so I haven't really sat down and tried it out yet.

Maik93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maik_93
I think Ike won't too much profit from Bidou, as we use our tilt stick, which makes it easier to space and trumps the usefulness of some additional techs.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh hey April Fools, lets see whats going o-

Ewwwwwwwww Why is my avatar a Fates character? Get rid of it, get it off of me! I already had Robin there! At least give me a character from a real Fire Emblem game.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Oh hey April Fools, lets see whats going o-

Ewwwwwwwww Why is my avatar a Fates character? Get rid of it, get it off of me! I already had Robin there! At least give me a character from a real Fire Emblem game.
My character is from another not real Fire Emblem game. :(

Also a ****ing pedo-bait gahhhhh. Why can't I be man like Ike.

BanGaRanG

Smash Rookie
I actually like my avatar... but it was already Ike, so I don't see the need to change all of it XD

Gr8 work dev team lol.

AbelCor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1826-6256
I can vaguely remember Flavia, she was so minor. Do you guys know if this was based off our names or something?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hi all. PoR and RD are one of my favorite games of all time. Ike is tied for my favorite FE lord (with the one and only morth) but I thought my Ike sucked at first so I only kept him as a pocket, but I went him for 90% of my tournament sets today because I felt like it. I got 7th place with this guy so I'm going to main and put in a lot more work with him now. Compared to a lot of other players I'm a really non-technical player, and IMO Ike is a relatively simple character to play, so I really like him in that sense. Nice to meet you all. :D

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
So, uh, you guys ever see those replays where Mac gets blown offstage after a grounded side B, finishes the animation as if he landed, then abruptly goes into freefall?

As I just learned against Link's boomerang... that can happen to us, too. So be ready to Aether, fellas.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
yooo guys

so I recently picked up Ike, and I've been doing surprisingly well as him for the past week, but now I want some ATs.

some place I should look at?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Time once again to play the patch buff wishing game, compadres. Will we finally get a change to address Ike's biggest weaknesses? Or will we be left to the wayside as a solid middle tier?

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
All of my friends play Ike, so I decided to try him. He's pretty good.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I'm doing fine. It's been raining today, so I'm a little lethargic. You?
Pretty good, got a Rubik's Cube competition this weekend, and I'm filming a scene from Romeo and Juliet with a couple of friends as well. Probably gonna play Smash with them too.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Imagine the range Ike would have if his arms were as long as his swords~

Beautiful~

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Took off the strategy thread, replaced it with @Izaw's guide, and added this for general discussion. Most people tend to use the discord and the guide is good enough for people to watch and get most of what they need. It's up to date, too.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I've started using this character in tournament out of nowhere and it has been working out. So here I am. If anyone can provide a link to the Ike Discord that would be dope. Thank you.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd like to say that I never really liked Ike that much up until like two weeks ago. I was watching Ryo play Roy (Because he's generally my boy) and I saw him switch to Ike and... It just inspired me. I've been playing almost nothing but Ike since and he's already entered my top 8 played characters in Smash overall from near the bottom. Also my highest score on Classic now which I thought would be forever Corrin's lol

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Nice.

I know what you mean, watching a good Ike is mesmerizing. A good player can turn Ike into a Russian ballerina and it's a sight to behold. It's part of what keeps me coming back to him even though I'd be much better switching to Mewtwo or Cloud full time.

Out of curiosity, what video were you watching? I'd like to see it.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Nice.

I know what you mean, watching a good Ike is mesmerizing. A good player can turn Ike into a Russian ballerina and it's a sight to behold. It's part of what keeps me coming back to him even though I'd be much better switching to Mewtwo or Cloud full time.

Out of curiosity, what video were you watching? I'd like to see it.
It was this one, initially. And I had it backwards, he played Ike first and then Roy. I've watched many of his Ike sets since.

On a separate note... Whoops~

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So does anyone know how can Ike KO Kirby with his Up B in this video?
Around 1:00.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey dudes, I'm trying to collect a bunch of quick easy info graphics on essential character knowledge to make a quick reference guide for commentators (we all hate it when a commentator says something that is wrong)
This shulk thing here is an example of the kinda stuff I am looking for

I'm going around to all the character boards and it'll be a little messy for me to try and check them all, so if you have any cool things like that, or just some useful info that I could turn into a similar picture, please send me a message. Cheers lads.

Top Bottom