• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendlies - 08/08/08

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Wes (ROB) vs. Devin (Marth)
That name is also familiar.

Did we fight in doubles too last time? o_O

You neither denied nor confirmed it in your EVO e-mail thread, heh.

I meant at Waba on July 19th. My memory is so shady it's criminal.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
That name is also familiar.

Did we fight in doubles too last time? o_O

You neither denied nor confirmed it in your EVO e-mail thread, heh.

I meant at Waba on July 19th. My memory is so shady it's criminal.
Yeah, we did. Are you going to be at WABA next weekend?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I watch the first two (Marth vs Shiek on Smashville)

Before the constructive criticism, I would like to compliment your very nice use of Uair in both matches. Better than mine in that usage, I generally use Nair, which is less effective.

Now, why do you fail to punish your opponent. There were so many times when Zelda/Shiek should've died! The worse one was when you climbed from the ledge, instead of letting Zelda fall to her doom. She has almost 0 DI after using her UpB vertically. Also, I believe it was Shiek who was allow to fall from vurnerability to the ledge, right past where you should Fsmashed him.

Play level 9 computers, and get RECKLESS with your edge-guard. Marth can actually do a lot better than that.

Also, you need to learn your spacing. I saw no tipper Fsmashes, with PLENTY of opportunities, and in the second vid, there was a point where if you hit the cstick to do a Bair, it would've killed your opponent, but you double jumped for no reason, and your opponent air-dodged, you messed up Tipper spacing that you already had, and you put yourself behind your opponent off the stage with no second jump.

Practice Punishing, and Spacing, I'll look up R.O.B. later.

Oh, and don't charge Fsmash at the edge. Only scrubs will fall into that.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Woah, wall of criticism, wasn't expecting that. Just showing some newer videos of mine.

We were just ****ing around, nothing serious. They both live five minutes away from me, and we do this atleast twice a week, so my A-game tends to fade into the background when a chance at playing Brawl for fun/**** talking while doing it is presented.

Maybe it's just me, but my friendly playstyle differs from my tourney playstyle. I take the chance in friendlies to do things that I normally wouldn't do in tournament sets, i.e. the charged fsmash on the ledge. Instead of getting reckless with level-9 computers, I get reckless when I play these guys.

On the other hand, thanks for the critiquing, I'll try to work on some of the things you mentioned.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Pierce7d pretty much hit the nail on the head. A few occasions where you could of gimped Sheik but nothing that bad. You played well against ROB too. Just work on your spacing more as its something that can always be improved.

When the opponent throws an air dodge early, grab them as they hit the ground throw up and repeat. Also when the opponent gets 100+% I love to dolphin slash them as they miss their weak ledge attack, just an idea but its really nice.

Also your round 2 and 3 vids with ROB are the same?! Just trying to help with that lol.

Up smash stage spike finish on Zelda was awesome btw. ^^

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You all don't enjoy seeing how other people play their Marth?
It's interesting to see, but yeah, a lot of us just go on to critique it, out of habit I suppose.

Your Marth seemed better at tourney for sure; I can vouch for that. My Toon Link had an uphill battle with you. Intense stuff.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
VG, you gonna be at the next WABA?
Probably. School starts next week too though, so no promises.

I'd be pretty discontent if I got dumped a lot of work on the first week though, but I'm in gifted and AP classes so the probability is likely I'll be busy. >_>

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Probably. School starts next week too though, so no promises.

I'd be pretty discontent if I got dumped a lot of work on the first week though, but I'm in gifted and AP classes so the probability is likely I'll be busy. >_>
Same boat, except school for me doesn't start till september.

And, naturally, I'm going to critique any thread with vids of Marth, lol. It's cool. I never judge a Marth player's fullest skill off just a friendly, because I know there are different types of mindgames and metagame when you are fighting people you know and fight often.

Top Bottom