• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Doon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Then don't resurrect a dead thread just to post something arrogant and not funny at all ty
Nah It was our lord DOON who sacrificed himself after resurrecting this dead thread.

Serious talk here, can we have some of these dead threads removed from the stickies if they are not updated/irrelevant.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's good it was bumped, it needs to be updated.
People are just slow and a bit lazy to generate PR's.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer yes please insult me for using the forum you moderate
I'm a whiny ***** for discussing things
Opress me
uh

I wasn't talking about you

I don't even remember who it was, but I was trying to clean up these forums and someone was like "BLAGAUGEGFBEFB" and so I stopped.

I'm way too busy to do it now too.

P.S i dont moderate this forum

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
uh

I wasn't talking about you

I don't even remember who it was, but I was trying to clean up these forums and someone was like "BLAGAUGEGFBEFB" and so I stopped.

I'm way too busy to do it now too.

http://smashboards.com/threads/sa-adelaide-smash-community-streetgeek-6-7-12-13.102383/page-174

If you dont moderate this forum why did you give a infringement for bumping thread? Can we remove that thread also, its legit dead and has no point other then making this sub forum/scene look more dead then it seems.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
that one was easy so i did it myself

cleaning up these boards and keeping everyone happy isnt as easy as infracting a spam post (⌒‐⌒)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
@ Lex__ Lex__ I'm really not sure what you're asking, or why you're asking it.
Im asking cause I care about the scene and people in the scene, and If were having a sticky thread about an introduction to the scene it seems obvious that we would have it unlocked for people to introduce themselves and ask questions.

About the ban

Uh I'd hate to interrupt your power trip, but I was playing Pika dittos with DOON at Mytus' place yesterday. #FreeDoon
From this post http://smashboards.com/threads/an-i...sh-bros-community.289961/page-5#post-17646952

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
@ Lex__ Lex__ I'm really not sure what you're asking, or why you're asking it.
Doon and Reginald were over at mine playing Melee yesterday, and we encouraged Doon to make an account and get involved in the community since he doesn't use social media much. I'm assuming he got banned for posting from my internet account? I'm still confused about the whole thing, but apparently he made another account earlier tonight and was waiting for it to be approved.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hmm, that looks like it's a case of mistaken identity.

If the Australian boards weren't known for spamming alts that probably wouldn't have happened. ;___;

I'll see what I can do.

Regarding the topic being locked, afaik it's incredibly outdated.

Doon and Reginald were over at mine playing Melee yesterday, and we encouraged Doon to make an account and get involved in the community since he doesn't use social media much. I'm assuming he got banned for posting from my internet account? I'm still confused about the whole thing, but apparently he made another account earlier tonight and was waiting for it to be approved.
Yeah, matching IP, it happens sometimes.

But sorry about this, it shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Then why the god damn spam fest instead of just like... having them respond to the message or you PMing me with actual information like this? :[

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Then why the god damn spam fest instead of just like... having them respond to the message or you PMing me with actual information like this? :[
Sorry, I've been pretty busy all day and I didn't think it would get out of hand. If Doon's getting unbanned though he will be really happy.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that looks like it's a case of mistaken identity.

If the Australian boards weren't known for spamming alts that probably wouldn't have happened. ;___;

I'll see what I can do.

Regarding the topic being locked, afaik it's incredibly outdated.
Could we then have

This thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/sa-adelaide-smash-community-streetgeek-6-7-12-13.102383/page-174
This thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-state-power-rankings.334883/
This thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/an-introduction-to-the-australian-smash-bros-community.289961/
This thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-state-power-rankings.334886/

Locked and removed then?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sorry, I've been pretty busy all day and I didn't think it would get out of hand. If Doon's getting unbanned though he will be really happy.
you seemed to have time to post this though:

Wow, such tyranny... #FreeDoon
Interestingly enough "doon's not an alt" takes less time to type.

I'm busy.

Maybe later.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
you seemed to have time to post this though:

Interestingly enough "doon's not an alt" takes less time to type.

I'm busy.

Maybe later.
You seem to have time to make this post, it prob took more time then just locking and de sticking.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't think there was any mention of why Doon was banned until much later.
Sorry, I thought he was at his place? When you get an infraction/ban a PM goes out automatically explaining why.

I don't completely understand how his IP would match with @ Mytus Mytus ' if he was nowhere near him at the time.

I dunno

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
He was banned from the post not from his profile, if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No, the person would've gotten a message saying what they were banned for.

Also a topic called "top 10 reasons too play Brawl" was made that seemed a bit suss.

hey guys, i'm new to the smash community and i was just looking at which game to pick up.

i love Brawl and i've had many hundred of fun hours with the game, so i'm thinking of picking it up over porject m, 64 and melee. i was hoping to get some insights from some veteran Brawl players here as to why they love brawl and would recommend me pick it up over over entries in the franchise.

thanks in advance and cheers!

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
No, the person would've gotten a message saying what they were banned for.
So Shaya seeing as you seem to be here, and have free time can you please lock and remove the inactive topics?

edit: Shaya and aero, I can see when your viewing the thread, please respond, your not busy.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
So Shaya seeing as you seem to be here, and have free time can you please lock and remove the inactive topics?

edit: Shaya and aero, I can see when your viewing the thread, please respond, your not busy.
This stickied thread still represents good players in the scene, and although a lot of it is inaccurate, it's still historical and the power rankings have not 'officially' been discontinued by the scene at large. While I'm not pleased with Shaya's recent decision making, I still hope that it'd take a little more thought than sOmE rAnDoM requesting they be removed for him to do so.

At the least, some VIC members are in very tentative talks of putting together a new list. Please don't be so hasty, like Shaya.

sorry for crying over it like a forum using whiner

OPPRESS ME DAMN IT

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
There's a thing called "pressing F5 every 15 mins".

ok ok ok ok

There's a couple of things I want to say

The moderators here get a lot of **** for no reason at all. Shaya was well within SWF's rules to ban doon for being an alt account because IP's matched.

Like I said before, Aus forums have a tendency to troll with alts because apparently it's funny(?).

Anyway after the ban there's things being thrown around like, "TYRANNY, POWER TRIP, NAZI RARARAR" when there's literally instructions in the infraction PM on how/what to do to appeal a wrong infraction (which wasn't followed, I might add).

So after insulting the moderators of the section, we then have people basically demanding that stickies be cleaned up and reorganised to be less outdated?

No.

I'm busy with smash 4 and life, Shaya's busy with shaya stuff and the other regional moderators DON'T CARE. We have more important things to do online and offline than fix the Australian boards and still be treated like **** immediately after.

OPPRESS ME DAMN IT
I can't oppress people I like :<

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
The moderators here get a lot of **** for no reason at all.
I think they seem to get alot of **** because they do nothing constuctive, literally the only thing that you have done in this thread is shut down people, and told them off, you then lock a thread in the sticky section citing that its not updated, then you wont update the rest of them. How are we meant to interact with you if the only thing that you do is be pompous about being moderators saying that you dont have enough time for this countries scene.

The other regional moderators DON'T CARE
What other moderators? It is literally you and Shaya, and you have made it very clear that you don't give a ****. The ACL thread was still stickied for like 4 months after, and Smash City has still yet to be sticked, it being a major for SYD, SSV never got stickied, the list goes on. Its almost like you don't even follow the scene your from, When I came to this sub forum it looked dead, there was outdated threads pinned with 4 month outdated topic, I immediately thought no one used this subforum.

So after insulting the moderators of the section, we then have people basically demanding that stickies be cleaned up and reorganised to be less outdated?
Which one is it?

How else are we meant to update them, you are the only people that can do it, honestly make basty and meredyse mods because they will easily do better job then you on this sub forum.

Anyway after the ban there's things being thrown around like, "TYRANNY, POWER TRIP, NAZI RARARAR"

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
How else are we meant to update them, you are the only people that can do it, honestly make basty and meredyse mods because they will easily do better job then you on this sub forum.
I also have experience.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. I closed that thread because people were spamming irrational ****/trolling. Opening it up again would be a fair thing to do, except I don't want to dedicate time to here, especially while everyone are being twits about it.

2. I don't care about the aussie section. Why? Because everyone prefers to troll. I don't have time to sift through trolls trolling trolls all day every day. You guys primarily use facebook and when you don't you troll, and when the norm is troll and I respond to something assuming troll, it's some sort of debacle/drama worth making me question the sanity of people I really like; that or they're trolling, in which case I'm mildly upset that they would bother in this situation, I thought better of them I guess.

3. Outdated threads: We have them stickied because they cover the base things people are always getting asked. Maybe the scene history/introduction thing could get dumped properly/completely.
But desticky South Australia? suddenly new thread "HI IS THERE A SCENE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA?" "YEAH HERES THE FACEBOOK LINK" <insert australians trolling each other here because they -always will-> *roll eyes because who would want to deal with this ****?*

It's going to happen in a new thread or an old thread, at least with an old thread it isn't giving 5-10 people the reason to post for the sake of it, in old threads its usually only 1 or 2 troll replies after the proper response.

4. New mods? Sure, why not. Except the two people you listed have already slated themselves as the complete opposite of who we'd like because they seem to also prefer trolling over actually being helpful. It would be good to have a person dedicated to this section, except I wouldn't want to put anyone through it that I know personally. Do you know how many moderators smashboards have or had that are australians? a megaton, and none of them want to post/deal with this subforum because you guys are all ****ters. Pull your heads out and make things worthwhile for us to help with/work on and we'll do stuff.

Last edited:

Doon

Smash Rookie
hello, i just wanted to say thank you all for your support. it was super effective and now i am freed because of it. ive been pumping S3RL - Pika Girl on repeat ever since getting unbanned!!

although we couldn't get #FreeDoon trending on twitter i am most glad my coming has raised importnat issues in the community.

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
hello, i just wanted to say thank you all for your support. it was super effective and now i am freed because of it. ive been pumping S3RL - Pika Girl on repeat ever since getting unbanned!!

although we couldn't get #FreeDoon trending on twitter i am most glad my coming has raised importnat issues in the community.
Ahhh, a true classic.

Welcome back, DOON! Can't wait to play you in some more Pika dittos little buddy.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
4. New mods? Sure, why not. Except the two people you listed have already slated themselves as the complete opposite of who we'd like because they seem to also prefer trolling over actually being helpful.
See you don't even understand an insult, I was comparing you to a troll, because that's all you seem to do here instead of helping this community, and then I was also saying that you are worse then them. ( Sorry basty and meredyse I don't like comparing people to shaya, no one should be insulted like that.)

1. I closed that thread because people were spamming irrational ****/trolling. Opening it up again would be a fair thing to do, except I don't want to dedicate time to here, especially while everyone are being twits about it.
You seem to be fine posting multiple LONG posts here complaining about our community and then **** talking it about how we haven't improved/aren't a good community. Its no wonder the Australian community is so "bad" when our "role models" call us ****s and don't even help.

2. I don't care about the aussie section. Why? Because everyone prefers to troll. I don't have time to sift through trolls trolling trolls all day every day. You guys primarily use facebook and when you don't you troll, and when the norm is troll and I respond to something assuming troll, it's some sort of debacle/drama worth making me question the sanity of people I really like; that or they're trolling, in which case I'm mildly upset that they would bother in this situation, I thought better of them I guess.
How about you wake up and actually view the threads in the sections instead of pretending that there isn't quality threads in this sub forum, you are the one that seems to have no idea about our community then you come in here saying that you know all about it? In case you somehow don't have eyes heres a link to quality posts on this sub forum.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-oceanic-skype-netplay-community-redux.366199/
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-a-pal-wii-updated.356936/
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...is-thread-updated-with-splice-v-dekar.366538/
http://smashboards.com/threads/wednesday-3rd-of-october-smash-monash.369716/
http://smashboards.com/threads/rmit-super-smash-bros-tournament.354178/
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-brovaz-qld-bi-weekly-27th-sep.364368/

They are all the most recent posts on this board, you make it seems like this board is a seeming pile of **** and you are gracing it every so often with your poop shovel. This was just random 5 I chose there is barely any bad threads on this sub forum.

Do you know how many moderators smashboards have or had that are australians? a megaton, and none of them want to post/deal with this subforum because you guys are all ****ters. Pull your heads out and make things worthwhile for us to help with/work on and we'll do stuff.
Honestly I have no idea how many there are because none of you seem to want to have any responsibility, all you want to do is post about how great you are, and how the rest of us plebs are bad and cant reach your quality of standards.

It's going to happen in a new thread or an old thread, at least with an old thread it isn't giving 5-10 people the reason to post for the sake of it, in old threads its usually only 1 or 2 troll replies after the proper response.
Its as if you dont even want people to post on this sub forum, why don't you just lock this whole sub forum so you can just post on your own here, well rename is Shaya's Dictation station so when you post we can all huddle up in front of you podium and hear your benevolent words.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
welp dunno bout Lex's whole reaction but I feel there is a level of detachment between the mods and the community at this point.
I empathise with Shaya suffering some mild trauma from moderating these boards over the years which may have negatively affected his decision making when moderating? There are several instances of spam that were clearly hindering progress and were not stopped effectively, and several instances of discussion which was apparently too much to mentally digest and these were ended/closed.

Even if Doon is/was an alt, the impact on the forum is far less negative than other things which have been ignored (Basty spam etc.)
You say use the report button sure and we should do that more but I don't think anyone reported Doon. This was quite a heavy-handed action from mods.
People living in the same house is quite common in this country. The ban has been removed but the whole thing is still very clumsy don't you think?

Not being able to see who closed threads, (sometimes threads are closed and the mod does not post or give a reason), and generally not having much interaction with the mods because Aerodrome only comes here to post things that belittle and Shaya's interaction with users is scarce and not positive enough. There are times when we work together effectively with mods to make a better forum (the new layout for these Power Ranking threads is one such occasion) and I think it'd just be better for our subforum at least if the mods (so in this case just Shaya?) were more open with the scene and a bit of care, so as to not rub off users in the wrong way. This would help us all work together positively in collaboration with mods to keep threads/info relevant, forums clean and social conversation fun/quality.

It's not helping that you are immediately bored and apathetic to these boards before you read the first letter of any given post. It's good that you're still with us but I think this makes it harder for all of us.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
I agree, could we just have someone? Phil, DD, Dread,splice, Max, Baileeh, hell even me?

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And thinking harping a rhetoric to insult and comparisons to Nazism is appropriate or gets you anywhere? :rolleyes:

welp dunno bout Lex's whole reaction but I feel there is a level of detachment between the mods and the community at this point.
I empathise with Shaya suffering some mild trauma from moderating these boards over the years which may have negatively affected his decision making when moderating? There are several instances of spam that were clearly hindering progress and were not stopped effectively, and several instances of discussion which was apparently too much to mentally digest and were ended/closed.

Even if Doon is/was an alt, the impact on the forum is far less negative than other things which have been ignored (Basty spam etc.)
You say use the report button sure and we should do that more but I don't think anyone reported Doon. This was quite a heavy-handed action from mods.
People living in the same house is quite common in this country. The bans been removed but the whole thing is still very clumsy don't you think?

Not being able to see who closed threads, (sometimes threads are closed and the mod does post and give a reason), and generally not having much interaction with the mods because Aerodrome only comes here to post things that belittle and Shaya's interaction with users is scarce and not positive enough. There are times when we work together effectively with mods to make a better forum (the new layout for these Power Ranking threads is one such occasion) and I think it'd just be better for our subforum at least if the mods (so in this case just Shaya?) were more open with the scene and a bit of care, so as to not rub off users in the wrong way. This would help us all work together positively in collaboration with mods to keep threads/info relevant, forums clean and social conversation fun/quality.

It's not helping that you are immediately bored and apathetic to these boards before you read the first letter of any given post. It's good that you're still with us but I think this makes it harder for all of us.
People know how to contact me and I'm pretty open to issues related to this board, its always been this way. There are enough people around here I'm meant to have free and open dialogue with (including yourself)? But often all I get is "BAN THEM" and my response to that is like "well that's not how it works, so what's actually appropriate?" So then I look and I see the one or two liners that are inane, followed by people choosing to respond to it/in a similar manner, muddying everything in a way in which I can't really derive fairly as a third party. Same punishment for one would be fair on like 5-6 others and those 5-6 others are willing to complain/derail threads because of it (#QLD). Yes, the right thing to do would be to stick to the guns and continue moderating until people actually learned how to deal with 'crap', but honestly I just haven't seen the merit to it because a majority of the people know what the right thing to do is but would prefer not to. Like what is so hard about ignoring someone who's trying to derail a thread so it's just a clear cut situation to moderate? :<

Doon posted a thread titled "top 10 reasons too play brawl" in this subforum, it seemed a bit suss and I may be interpreting incorrectly, but that was the general intent of the topic anyway. Coupled with Mytus IP, post midnight registration and posting. Whoops if people thought that was a heavy handed response (I guess not many people saw the thread).

I originally was only concerned with NSW/ACT related things, and never dedicated time to other "regions"; it's a huge time sink to go through everything here and its beyond the time and interests I'm willing to give (you can call it trauma, I prefer just "same old ****"). Facebook largely replaced how I deal with people within my region. I'm not going to respond to or even read things (beyond a glance) that are attacks or insulting (emotionally quantified); Apathetic sure, but bored? Rarely. If you can bring me something coherent, logical and fair, I'll likely do it, it's pretty simple. If people want something 'moderated' then the users around here in general need to be more concerned about their seemingly peer approved behaviour ;\ I'm not going to fight a cultural war.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
And thinking harping a rhetoric to insult and comparisons to Nazism is appropriate or gets you anywhere? :rolleyes:
Writing a proper response also seems to get you no where, you still haven't agknowledge or replied to anything
And calling the community your meant to be representing ****ters and saying its not worth even reading is even better, maybe you need to look into the mirror, because they way you act is similar to people being on a power trip and only hearing what you want to hear? Multiple times in this thread reasonable example were made, sticky smash city, remove outdated stuff, unlock the introduction thread, it was only replied with excuses and side stepping answers saying you have no time.

If you can bring me something coherent, logical and fair, I'll likely do it, it's pretty simple. If people want something 'moderated' then the users around here in general need to be more concerned about their seemingly peer approved behaviour ;\ I'm not going to fight a cultural war.
Let me get this straight, you want people to become more moderated, through no moderation, so that you can start moderating again? Besides that, its not hard to skim the threads to see what needs to be stickied (Majors) and what needs to be de-stickied (Inactive threads and outdated tournaments).

Sorry no picture, cant think of anything this time.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
I feel like alts should only be banned/not allowed if they're being used to circumvent a ban on the main account.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I feel like alts should only be banned/not allowed if they're being used to circumvent a ban on the main account.
Smashboards procedure on that one, and even then, I don't really like the idea. More accountability towards a single person is better. For what purpose is an alt other than to troll? You wouldn't bother on facebook (it's a little bit harder for one), why would you do so here?

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
For how much complaining and criticizing that I have done in the last few days, It would be rude and impolite to not say thank you to shaya or Aero for cleaning up the threads in the sticky, Is there any chance we could get a PM one also?

So thank-you shaya (and aero).

Edit: Ill make the thread, other states can post in it, Might aswell make the start to it or no one will make it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom