• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freaky Falco

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I was playing with 3 level 9's. I was Kirby, and I forgot the other 2, but I remembered Falco. During that match, Falco did 2 very weird things. First, he got knocked off the edge and down into the area where you can't see him on the screen anymore, then out of nowhere he just double jumped as if he was on land and grabbed the ledge! I thought that was kinda cool. Another thing that might not be that interesting or maybe even my mistake is that when Falco used his reflector, he got shot in the air as high as a normal jump. So, yeah, if you know anything about this or have something to say, please go ahead and post away.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I kinda just found that out, but what is the reason for that double jump recovery?

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
No, I tried that myself and it went to the regular jump when you fall off the edge. I am saying that he double jumped really high (as if he double jumped on land) right back on the edge.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
No, I tried that myself and it went to the regular jump when you fall off the edge. I am saying that he double jumped really high (as if he double jumped on land) right back on the edge.
Hmm... You know, maybe he footstooled someone down there. Was there perhaps another opponent down there near Falco when it happened? This sounds like something I did accidentally once, too. And I was using Falco, no less. :chuckle: When you footstool an enemy, you get both jumps back, so maybe that's what happened.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
Well he might have pulled off a pseudo footstool. I dunno if there's a better name for it, but it works for now. It's where you jump on top and sort of inside another character and get a massive height boost with your second jump without actually footstooling them. It's happened to me a couple times before, takes you by surprise when it does. :D

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Ok first of all, I don't get it why stop reading "I was playing with 3 level nines" Anyways, I am pretty sure Falco didn't footstool anyone. I could've be a glitch I guess.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you time it perfectly, you can toadstool the south KO zone..
And you can tech the west/east KO zones if you get launched at them.
This is great for saving your self from being KO'd!

Nothing seems to work at the North KO zone though =/

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Ok first of all, I don't get it why stop reading "I was playing with 3 level nines" Anyways, I am pretty sure Falco didn't footstool anyone. I could've be a glitch I guess.
Because level 9's are gay, they read your button input and either Sheild or attack

J4pu

Smash Champion
If you time it perfectly, you can toadstool the south KO zone..
And you can tech the west/east KO zones if you get launched at them.
This is great for saving your self from being KO'd!

Nothing seems to work at the North KO zone though =/
BULLSH*T, this would be well known and practiced if it were true, you cannot tech the side blastzones and you cannot foot-stool the bottom one

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
No one is really explaining why this happened. The only one I could go with is toadstooling the KO zones.

J4pu

Smash Champion
toadstooled a character that was down there, end of topic.
you can't toadstool KO zones, you also can't tech them, that would be madness, THIS IS BRAWL!!!

unless you have the replay saved and therefore can reinforce the fact that nobody is down there, I'm going with that, my 2nd guess if you do have the replay is that he just double jumped, falco has huge jumps.

RNDM!

Smash Cadet
for some reason computers do this occasionally, I also have a replay of olimar doing this,
although I have no way of uploading it

Top Bottom