• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Framingham, MA; July 28th (MA Bi-Weekly) Monthly Mass Madness 3: Rumble on Route 9

What price would make a difference to you, if you attended this tournament?

• At least $15

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • At least $10

• At least $7-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At least $5

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • No more than $5

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • No more than $7-8

• No more than $10

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Any price is fine

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirchinator

Smash Rookie
cog, well i kinda realize my skill level and sure i'd lose, but you can't get better by not trying right? i honestly have 1 kid to play thats just as good as me and we've played each other so much we read each others minds when we play...i think w'ed make a nice team, but we won't get any better by playing each other...there is literally no one else around here. its kind of dissapointing actually. i tried playing my brother and after 5 minutes i got bored because he's worse than level 9's....which is all i ever play and that 1 kid. i need to get out into the smash community more. lol

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Redsox that system sounds awesome for the pooling. Ill help if you need it seeing as how I have officially played everyone thats going to be in the tourney at one point or another. Though I think you know it pretty well yourself and probably wouldnt need that much help. Pools are definitely more fun though. It makes the brackets more fair and allows lesser experienced players at least the chance to play at least one top player in the area.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
cog, well i kinda realize my skill level and sure i'd lose, but you can't get better by not trying right? i honestly have 1 kid to play thats just as good as me and we've played each other so much we read each others minds when we play...i think w'ed make a nice team, but we won't get any better by playing each other...there is literally no one else around here. its kind of dissapointing actually. i tried playing my brother and after 5 minutes i got bored because he's worse than level 9's....which is all i ever play and that 1 kid. i need to get out into the smash community more. lol
I know the feeling. I am busy and the only practice I get is when I play people at tournaments I go to. I don't think I'm doing that bad for only being into competitive smash for like 3 months though.
Don't practice against lvl 9s. If you must play the computer, practice tech skill and combos against lvl 1s or in training mode. Lvl 9s are terrible for you.

Anyways hope to see you on the 28th.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
lol, Pat/Pro, you haven't played me yet. Even though I'd get beat.

anyways, yeah, just come to tournaments and you'll get better, I basically don't play outside of tournaments and smashfests, and I've gotten a lot better recently. Competition and getting beat on your @$$ make you better at life. And smash.

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
i want to get some practice in before this, but i should attend. i can bring a cube if needed too.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
LOOL btw Pat/Pro. If I knew you were this good (VIESTICLE) then I probably would have placed you higher.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
New England division - Cort, Darc, and Zoso

1. KoreanDJ111
2. Darc
3. Darc
4. Darc
5. Darc
6. Dazwa
7. Darc
8. Darc
9. Darc
10. Darc
11. Darc
12. Darc
13. Darc
14. Pat/Pro
15. Skler

fixd

EDIT: I need a teammate for this. Whoever can grow the biggest beard wins. private msg me for applications.

kirchinator

Smash Rookie
hey, thats good advice about level 1's because i didnt realize they DI randomly. which helps with my marth chain grabs, and you're right about combos. haha no wonder im terrible. and i'll be your teammate if i go, but im not sure i'd want to bring someone down or help them considering on how good i am. i cant really judge that and neither can you guys. so i'll see if i can even go.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
This battle is mostly about knocking Falcon off the stage and then edgeguarding him.

You also need to avoid grabs.

The big thing I found last time I played Morgan is the dash attack if spaced well can take away his approach. It has good prioriety since most of his moves take time to come out. Timing and spacing is key though. If you go in with a dash attack before as he hits the ground, you'll get hit. You have to hit Cap with it at the peak of his jump or right as he is starting his way down. (Essentially before the knee, dair, or second hit of the nair comes out)

Ftilt can also work in the same way as dash attack, but it is harder to use this move for obvious reasons.

I've found that turnips don't help a lot of the time for your defensive game. Falcon is too fast and can dodge them most of the time. A missed turnip can lead to Falcon getting past your defenses.

I think they are more useful for approach and edgeguarding.

MA-Doc-MA

Smash Rookie
OK i saw the inventory list up there.....so i assume you guys need more setups...i definately plan on attending and can bring the following if needed just get back to me

1 cube
1 tv
1 extension cord
1 smash copy

If i can get Roga to come with thats a +1 to everything i said (fingers crossed)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
This battle is mostly about knocking Falcon off the stage and then edgeguarding him.

You also need to avoid grabs.

The big thing I found last time I played Morgan is the dash attack if spaced well can take away his approach. It has good prioriety since most of his moves take time to come out. Timing and spacing is key though. If you go in with a dash attack before as he hits the ground, you'll get hit. You have to hit Cap with it at the peak of his jump or right as he is starting his way down. (Essentially before the knee, dair, or second hit of the nair comes out)

Ftilt can also work in the same way as dash attack, but it is harder to use this move for obvious reasons.

I've found that turnips don't help a lot of the time for your defensive game. Falcon is too fast and can dodge them most of the time. A missed turnip can lead to Falcon getting past your defenses.

I think they are more useful for approach and edgeguarding.
I think Pat meant how to beat Peach while playing as Falcon, not the other way around.
Cort's too good.
Watch the Darc vs. Cort set from VESTICLE on youtube.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Well the key as Falcon is to meet Peach just before you hit the ground if you go in with a shuffle. Otherwise she'll outprioritize you.

Once you get that it's basically combo into knee and Peach will die unless she's got really good DI to get out of it. Grabs work too. Dthrow --> knee hits me almost every time.

HeadISBAgent

Smash Apprentice
Can't make it back to San Diego Dan (ticket prices are like 700 bucks :( ) so looks like I'm gonna have to settle for dis and **** Tom's tourney instead of Evo :p.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm going to this. I don't care how the bracket is seeded as long as I get to play Skler again.

Money matches, anyone?

Skler

Smash Master
I'm going to this. I don't care how the bracket is seeded as long as I get to play avoid Zoso.

Let's get this **** seeded, because I lied up there.

kirchinator

Smash Rookie
ugh, it's still undecided for me. i want to go but idk if i can. i'd like to get in on the competetive scene.

EDIT: i really need to get a seperate account. if anyone remembers, im sharing this account with a kid because i got lazy and never bothered to create one. i dont want people calling me kirch at a tourney.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
ugh, it's still undecided for me. i want to go but idk if i can. i'd like to get in on the competetive scene.

EDIT: i really need to get a seperate account. if anyone remembers, im sharing this account with a kid because i got lazy and never bothered to create one. i dont want people calling me kirch at a tourney.
im gunna do it just cuz you said that.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
kit is gooood im def. coming to this............. maybe i can make it in time for teams dis time around if not singles fine with me..

th0rn

Smash Lord
I'm goinggggg, and busting out mah marth and DK so WATCH OUT!! Pixel taught me the ways LOLLL

Yo Kirch, Money match?? verse DK, HUH-ROO?!?

Elen

Smash Lord
I heard all of Maine likes lobster.
QFT.

Maine+NH should bring more setups ^.^ We're like, 13 short or something >.< Everyones gonna have to bring what they can if we want these pools to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom