• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's U-Throw-U-Air Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
So I keep playing this Fox who, whenever he gets me up to around 30-40%, grabs me and u-throws me, then jumps up and u-airs me before I can do anything. I've tried to DI his attacks, but it's not always that reliable. Is there any other way to get out of the combo?

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
Other than DI'ing...don't get grabbed?

It's never good to get grabbed...

Try to figure out what situation's he grabs you in, and take them out of the equation.

My buddy use to always shield when I tried to dair him, then grab me, so what I started doing is dairing behind him enough that if he didn't shield it woudl hit him, and if he did I'd end up behind him.

Just figure something like that out.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Congratulations!

You've just discovered why pika is low tier! Proceed to the end of this thread for your prize.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Use Luigi and Nair him out of it...lol. Luigi is dumb. Um yeah beyond that, your best option is to work on not getting grabbed. Avoid being predictable with your approach. That way it'll be harder to get shield grabbed (if in fact that is how you are getting grabbed most often). Mix up your DIs and you might be able to avoid a few of the Uairs. DIing up can buy you time for shaking out of the throwstun...yeah, Fox's Uair is pretty raw.

N64

Smash Champion
Smash DI. aka rapidly toggle the joystick back and forth whenever you get uthrown. Works like 50% of the time (dependent on spacing.

otherwise, yeah. fox > pika.

AXE 09

Smash Master
SMASH DI! the instant fox's first kick hits you, smash the control stick upwards. if you do it right, the first kick should hit you higher than usual, which means the second kick won't hit you (which is the one you have to worry about). i play a really good fox player (Vectorman) all the time, and it's the only way i found to get out of it. try it out, it works for me most of the time

festizzio

Smash Champion
That's nice. Must be tricky to get the timing down though. :(

Edit: Wait, I thought DI is the control stick and smash DI is the c stick? Am I wrong?

AXE 09

Smash Master
forward told me that DI is when you hold a direction while being hit, and smash DI is when you hit the control stick in a direction the instant you're hit... we could be wrong though, that's something to look up. but so far, what i said in my last post really works for me. i kinda stole it from forward though, whenever i was fox against his marth and tried to u-throw to u-air, the 2nd kick like NEVER hit and i was like wtf??? that's when he told me about it lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
forward told me that DI is when you hold a direction while being hit, and smash DI is when you hit the control stick in a direction the instant you're hit... we could be wrong though, that's something to look up. but so far, what i said in my last post really works for me. i kinda stole it from forward though, whenever i was fox against his marth and tried to u-throw to u-air, the 2nd kick like NEVER hit and i was like wtf??? that's when he told me about it lol
I really need to try that lol, I have the HARDEST time DI'ing fox's uthrow, people tell me "you just gotta hold a direction while you're in the grab", but I hold all kinds of directions and I still go straight up. :(

AXE 09

Smash Master
I really need to try that lol, I have the HARDEST time DI'ing fox's uthrow, people tell me "you just gotta hold a direction while you're in the grab", but I hold all kinds of directions and I still go straight up. :(
ugh, that sux. even if i DI the grab, the fox player that i play STILL gets me. smash DI is like the only option lol. well, the only one i've found anyways. not getting grabbed is a good option too, but that's like saying don't get hit, which is like... impossible!

anyways, yeah... smash DI = good, especially for fox's u-throw u-air :p try it out

FrostByte

Smash Lord
DI behind ( or towards) fox when he throws you. This means fox will have to jump after you. Smash the opposite direction on the 1st hit of the uair to get out of it. You might be able to get a fair off before you land.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'd just like to take this moment to point out the time when Shaeden grabbed you out of your Up b ledge stall during the last UMB as captain falcon.
I'd like to point out that that man did something that erased Falcon off of that copy of melee

Zone

Smash Champion
Smash DI. aka rapidly toggle the joystick back and forth whenever you get uthrown. Works like 50% of the time (dependent on spacing.

otherwise, yeah. fox > pika.
This guy has the right idea. It's your second defense to not getting grabbed. But when he does grab you, Smash c-stick or joystick, on his first hit of his up-air, you'll be sent out of range for his 2nd part of his upair with Smash DI. Pika isn't the only one who gets pwned by this. Nearly everyone does >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom