• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOX's super dash

The Phenom

Smash Lord
As Tommy mentioned a super dash . To do the proper super dash you must press on the joystick up with B .

Specification:

So you have activated FireFox ,what you want to do is rotate the joystick in any direction comfortable for you, clock wise or counter clock wise . When your mind tells you that the move is about to launch, aim diagnolly at the ground .

Geometric-Octagon:

There is a design around the joystick with eight sides, it adds up to 360 all around .Restate- the area you want to try to land on after rotating is bellow the Horizontal/Center .If we were to Code in /180 it would be L=Left R=Right for the two given sides 90L=90R congruent . So we can consider that bellow the Horizontal/Center has 2/4 of 360 that both equal 90 of each .

Why Tommy compared it as the SWD:

Let it be fact that SWD steps are pressing on the joystick down with B .

Specification summarized:

Once activated(bomb), the playA must rotate with precision under the Horizontal/Center to a phase output of 90 degrees to the perfered side of LEFT or RIGHT drift of the joystick . At here the playa must execute a swing type of motion that can be from the drifted side of L = right left or for R =left right to perform a SWD .

Sweet Spots !!!:

Finally , the fun part. the sweet spots would have to be ...
First:22.5º Within landing, in other words 1/8 of sides =45º so make sure your last moments of drift/momintum of direction ends by the activation of FireFox at 22.5º of a side without changing course .
Second:(simply) at 45º with repeated precisions(hard) .
Third:The best and proper Super Dash FireFox is at 67.5º.From here on it suits proper . This is the probability of sequence that Tommy has done .

Now, Tommy has said that he was coming out from falling to his death so knowing this could say that he was trying to use up B . He was next to the edge and got on proceeded FireFox and got canceled by his opponent while holding on to the direction .

4 Aces

Smash Ace
o_O Whoa, I barely could understand what you said. A vid would help. Nice job with all of the statistics; it must've taken forever. I personally would like this to be stickied (well, actually more like archived in Ultimate Fox thread or something of the like), since this is useful, well, actually just cool and neat information. Maybe a thread dedicated to linking statistics thread? Ooo! Ooo! I know! Someone could update Dalal's Fox Movements Thread with this!

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the SHDL statistics made by Shai Hulud? It's the frame stuff about hitting with BOTH lasers. I wanted to take another look at it, but couldn't find anything with the search function.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
So does this actually look like a super wavedash? If possible could you put a video up of the move?

No it doesn't look like a wave dash . All it is is the momentum that builds up from FireFox then dashing to a direction which makes the dash look quick .

I have no recording equipment just yet so thats why I put effort on this .

The Phenom

Smash Lord
A very cool thing about this when done on a opponent who gets attacked by it . If the opponent gets hit , they will pop up and drift stunned . In most cases that I have tried on my friend is that when the FireFox ends I usually drift myself to the edge and grabbing it . Since FireFox isn't being canceled by hitting the ground , you could travel to the edge . The great thing about is that you could be next to the edge and while your friend is not invincible grabbing the edge just do it and you'll steel his edge or hers . Immediately when you grab the edge side B just about half an inch from the ground to create a combo and end it with a up A if they decide to get back on grounds . I'm sure you can make a finisher if they drift outward of the stage .

I wish I could play Silent Wolf , were just as technical , O well . I guess only a couple of people will succeed on this semi hard technique ...(WELL GOOD LUCK!)

The Phenom said:
I wish I could play Silent Wolf , were just as technical
You have no idea, at all.

On a different note, this was explained poorly. Either way, it doesn't seem very impressive or worth trying.
Why didn't you just post this in the other topic about it?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I wish I could play Silent Wolf , were just as technical , O well . I guess only a couple of people will succeed on this semi hard technique ...(WELL GOOD LUCK!)
Everyone thinks their as technical as SW. I did to, and got **** sauced by him. :embarrass

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao I don't think anyone could be as technical as silent wolf XD. Maybe DaShizWiz if he really tried or M2K XD.

I am considered very technical and I wasn't near as technical as SW when I played him heh. Though I'm postitive my samus would be more technical if he played samus XD. I think I am just as technical or more technical then phanna with samus though I don't like to play that way in important matchs. Ask some people at FC that I showed though, SWD is a joke for me XD. I can do it pretty much 100%.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Do you plan on bragging before you type? Or is it just something that you freestyle in your spare time?

Hylian said:
I think I am just as technical or more technical then phanna with samus though I don't like to play that way in important matchs. Ask some people at FC that I showed though, SWD is a joke for me XD. I can do it pretty much 100%.
That snippet alone shows how juvenile this boastful escapade of yours really is.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you plan on bragging before you type? Or is it just something that you freestyle in your spare time?

That snippet alone shows how juvenile this boastful escapade of yours really is.
Do you plan on pointing out every time I brag (which is obvious anyways) before you enter a topic? What's the point of having amazing techskill with samus if you don't brag about it? It's not actually that useful to be technical when playing seriously, I only practice the stuff because it's fun to do and show people. And to prove to myself that I have complete control over my character.

You've never met me in person. I don't walk around bragging to people when I talk to them, in fact I mainly ask questions or just play them. Silent Wolf made a fricking techskill showoff video. That is showing off more then anything else. And almost no one said anything because the things he did were fricking awesome. He deserves to show off. Why learn the stuff if you are not going to tell other people about it? He also didn't brag or say anything about his own play in person when I played him.

I don't have a techskill showoff video, but at FC I did go around and show a lot of people some cool things with fox and samus that they had never seen before and it was fun. I talked a lot about techskill with DJ combo and some other people. It's fun to find small things out about this game and perfect them. I don't think I will ever be good enough in melee to win a large tournament so I like perfecting other small things.

Sure, I will brag about my techskill(especially with samus), but it shouldn't really bother you. That's not all I talk about and I don't brag in person. Also, I don't just hide behind my computer, I actually travel and go to tournaments frequently. I'm sorry if you get offended by me saying I have good techskill.

It almost seems like you try and make yourself look better by pointing out others faults. I've said it myself, I will brag about my techskill online. Get over it. It's not hurting anyone.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hylian said:
Do you plan on pointing out every time I brag (which is obvious anyways) before you enter a topic?
1st of all, that (^) makes no sense whatsoever. lol...how can i plan on pointing it out before I enter the topic; I wouldn't know if you were in the topic to begin with.

Hylian said:
What's the point of having amazing techskill with samus if you don't brag about it? It's not actually that useful to be technical when playing seriously
The point is: it helps you with your game. You don't HAVE to brag about your tech. skill, the point in learning it isn't mainly to talk about it, its to use it. SWDs can come in handy when playing seriously. Mastering any character, technically, has its merits in tournament play. Don't give me your reasons like its arguable or something. Any player who thinks that technical skill doesn't help you in tournament play is a r.etard, period.

Hylian said:
You've never met me in person. I don't walk around bragging to people when I talk to them, in fact I mainly ask questions or just play them.
Frankly, I don't give 2 ****s what the hell you talk about in person. i was merely speculating upon your inability to keep yourself from spewing out boastful bull****. You wasted your time writing two paragraphs outlining what you talk about at tournies. That has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was pertaining to your comments on the internet.

Hylian said:
Silent Wolf made a fricking techskill showoff video. That is showing off more then anything else. And almost no one said anything because the things he did were fricking awesome.
Silent Wolf doesn't go around bragging about his tech. skill. He defends it maybe, but doesn't brag. I don't care though, this isn't about SW or his vid. If you're going to throw him in the mix, just follow his **** example:

Make a video and stop boast spamming.

Hylian said:
It almost seems like you try and make yourself look better by pointing out others faults.
lmao. Are you seriously going to try to pull that ****? How the hell is all this helping me, at all? Gawd you're delusional.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
(Seeking audiences response)

Very true to all this , I would loose 100% first match to him however I did not mention(lack of tournament experience) . I only said that I was as technical . I have no prove for favor (recordings) but my word to offer . I wish I could verse him to see how we would react to a couple of games .

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
(Seeking audiences response)

Very true to all this , I would loose 100% first match to him however I did not mention(lack of tournament experience) . I only said that I was as technical . I have no prove for favor (recordings) but my word to offer . I wish I could verse him to see how we would react to a couple of games .
I think I can predict. He will be awed by your amazing tech skill as you lose your stocks.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
No. Clearly that girl is silent wolf. You guys didn't know SW was the best female smasher? Wow, you guys are out of it.

Is there a video of this technique? i had a difficult time understanding your explanation of it, so a vid would be appreciated.

Edit:
(From Melee-FC results)

SINGLES (250 Participants)
193rd Pool 6 Bye
193rd Hylian

T0MMY

Smash Master
Why would you make a second thread about the same thing I had already made a thread about and get mine locked?
Usually when you remake threads the second one gets locked.

technomancer

Smash Champion
what the **** is this thread talking about, I read both threads, and just have no idea what the **** either of you are talking about. And cut out the silent wolf sugar, he doesn't need it he's sweet enough.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Personally, I find all his jargon confusing. He didn't touch on the Super Dash technique in teams, and I'm sitting here wondering if he's talking about the same thing while everyone else starts spamming the thread with "I'm more technicalz than j00"
I had a perfectly nice thred dedicated to this technique and I'm a little annoyed that things got off the way they did.
If anything I'll just have to try to repeat what I did while recording. As it is, I can do it alright most the time, but not as perfected as I did by accident. I mentioned in my thread I really don't have time to do things like this for everyone, which is why I asked people to try to figure it for themselves. I'd rather dedicated the time I do have to play for fun, which is what the game is supposed to be about.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Where's the link to your thread?

So now there's a Super Dash for Fox...then what is a Chillin dash? Man, that's the second attack that's named after him.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
chillendash = run towards edge and shine, the momentum from the dash will carry you off the edge. You can either turn-around JC bair or JC shinespike from that point.

this = something completely different.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol. I thought this was the shine "edgehog thread" and I was going to... nvm

@Raynex and Hylian: Anyone can do whatever they want at a forum as long as it doesn't break the rules of it

And yeah... no vid about it = lame

Giggidax

Smash Ace
wow this thread is so silly. this super dash firefox stuff is just way too overlooked. i hardly understand the technique reading that first page.

are u talking about firefoxing into the ground diagnally, and then dashdancing when u land after u bounce? if so, all i have to say is..... wow...

another thing; even if i have not seen phenom play before, i would have to disagree on the "im just as technical as SW" comment. just because ive seen silent wolf's videos, and none of urs.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'm just as technical as silent wolf because I can do multishines and shoot 8000 lasers a mimite

Top Bottom