• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Skype Weekly Skype Meetings

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Introduction
The title mostly explains its self. The Foxes are LAZY. Yea I said it. We need to get something done and apparently typing things done is too much to be asked for. So I've gone around and come with the idea to have a weekly skype chat to get things going so there will be improvement in the Foxes as a community and things to reference back to.

Time

Friday 11:00pm EST (The time is not set in stone because obviously there are different time zones are we change this time to a reasonable time for everyone.
Dates with the focus of the meeting next to it
--------------------------------
October 29th - Camping
---------------------------
November 5th - Defense Against Bad Postions
-----------------------------------------------------
November 12th - Frame Traps
November 19th - Fox's Good Zones
November 26th - Fox's Bad Zones

Following dates after these will be edited in.

If you plan on attending one of these stay on topic

People attending

1) Iblis ( I will be keeping notes and making threads on things discussed)
2) NAKAT
3) Uzimaki
4) 4Biddin (lol 4s)
5) Asdioh
6) Kuares
7) Zephil
8) Excel

For people who need to DL Skype: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home

Also post your Skype info in here and add each other. (Thank Asdioh)

OK gus lets get to it!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idea Exchange as in little bits of information you would like to share or what we should touch on after my pre-set dates run out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dunno how likely it will be to follow this "schedule" of specific discussions on specific days, but I can go to these if I remember and I'm not working. I have a mic and I'm on Skype a lot anyway, plus I place first in nationals all the time so my opinion should be valuable.

my skype username is "asdioh1"
i think

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i like the idea quite a bit. I don't think ill participate as my knowledge of fox is rather dated and my schedule isn't very generous however if i am ever wanted in one of these i would be more than happy to attend if i can.

As long as what information that's generated from these conversations is posted on the board or in some easily accessible manner ill be happy.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Why is this at like 8am PST? Things I am not getting up for at that time: This.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why is this at like 8am PST? Things I am not getting up for at that time: This.

Zhamy its 8PM]

>.>

lol

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Well.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Things I am not getting up at 8pm for: This.

Kuares

Pizza
This sounds like something I'd want to be in. I'll try and get set-up, and'll post back when I find out if an iPod works with Skype on Wifi.

Sounds like a good idea though.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
uh i have no idea if ill remember or what the time difference will be x_x

Kuares

Pizza
I won't be able to make it this friday, no internet access for me till monday. I will be able to make it the next friday.

I'm going type this down so I don't forget but central is 1 hour before eastern.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to come, but Friday nights are always busy for me until around 12:30 or 1ish. If you guys are still on at that time, I'll definitely jump on.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So fridays are turning out to be a bad day and I won't be free for the next month because of Drumline competitions. So want to be this on a month's hold? and start on Saturday?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
saturdays would make it easier for everyone, it could be a more convenient time for the other timezones plus im sure more people will be free.

don't put it on a months hold though... like maybe a week... i can't make it next saturday though... another party (yeah... my school has them like weekly, it's insane)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I just realized it's Tuesday and I missed this, but apparently it didn't happen? XD

any idea when it will happen?

Kuares

Pizza
My skype name is zyroqwa

50/50 chance of me coming. Surprise Trip to chicago : /

(though I'm still not sure if I have to call someone or get called)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I honestly think we need to get this s*** together.

I feel like I am slowly drifting away from Fox and starting to lean towards maining Marth, because I play so much better with him and feel like I have safe moves on block.
(I have been secretly trying to main Marth for about a week now, I want to go back to Fox hence me wanting to get this chat up and running.)

Like honestly, in my eyes I don't think Fox has any safe moves at all because every time I've competed in tourney, all my moves get powershield and punished/*****.

I would like to discuss with you Foxes about legit Fox options.

I'm tired of "just laser, they come to you, your run away and laser" because that doesn't work for me.

Any thoughts?

Maybe we just need to post in here when we are available to skype and people can just join in.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well theres nair/dair on the back on shield that works on some people, you can also shield poke certain characters with nair, etc etc

but what I find works best for me is using a lot of feinting to draw out a response and punishing from there, much better then just straight up approaching with an attack.

anothing thing very similar is using 'walk spacing' sorta walk up to them to get them to throw out an attack, but then you walk back and then ftilt them, sounds kinda simple and easy, but it can be hard to apply, but when you do it right its really quite annoying for your opponent as it messes up their spacing and ftilt can be a relativly space move.

Top Bottom