• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Role in SSE

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Since there isn't a thread on this yet, I guess I'll do the honors.

Obviously, we're discussing Fox's role in SSE. We've already seen two clips of him in action for SSE.

First, there's the Arwing crash-landing on the Halberd. Is this Fox? Krystal? Falco?

Second, there's Fox coming to Diddy's rescue. I think you've all seen this video.

One thing I would like to point out, in the video of the Arwing getting shot down by the Halberd, the Arwing is shot, lands, and STAYS on the deck. This makes me think that the Arwing belongs to a different character than Fox, because his Arwing is smoking on the beach. Another Starfox starter?? YES!!!

What do you think about this, and what are your other thoughts?

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
It's odd, then. Because in the more recent video, Bowser is still standing and attacks Fox and Diddy.

You think that, out of DK or Diddy, you pick one who will escape, who will then team up with Fox, while the other has an unseen fight with Bowser (and presumably loses)?

What was Fox doing, attacking the Halberd anyway? Perhaps his world was already taken over by the Subspace, and now he's trying to find the source?

Speculating about the story is fun.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The arwing does not crash on Halberd, it narrowly misses it. That is how Fox presumably crashed. it is Not Falco, and it is Not Krystal. If you can prove it crashes on Halberd, I'll take back what I said and speculate.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/120565.html

at about 1:00, when the camera has zoomed out to look at the aft of Halberd, you will see Kirby and Peach falling off the left side, and the smoking wreck of Fox's arwing falling of the right. had to point that out

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
maybe...! hes gona call for backup...then like slippy comes n fixes his ship? lol

VZERO

Smash Cadet
maybe fox was suppose to investigate the halberd but when he got close the halberd stated to shoot his arwing and eventually that big anchor hook thing hit him and he prolly crash landed in the jungle and thats where diddy found him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I bet Fox forgot to do a barrel roll! :laugh:

Seriously though-it will be intresting to see how Falco and Krystal are involved in the story. And my man Peppy, the NPC (with his Star Fox 64 voice actor, hopefull! ^_^). We'll be in BARREL ROLL CITY...and hopefully Slippy actually sounds like a man, and learns to SHUT HIS TRAP!

I bet Fox was either going to the Brawl tournament (maybe Link was, too), but he found some "trouble". Or maybe they attacked the Great Fox or something, and he went right after them, and the rest of the Star Fox team is WAYYYY behind them, because he was quick to act on following the Halberd. Whatever it is-I feel the whole Star Fox team will be involved in this-including Peppy and Slippy. ;)

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't really want one.
Fox's appearence is terrible in the new one.
bleh.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
...*ignores Panduh*

Anyways... I think it is pretty safe to say that the Arwing shot down by the Halbred is Fox. I mean, it is the segway that explains WHY Diddy finds a crashed Arwing. Otherwise, there is no reason a crashed Arwing should be there.

I, personally, would LOVE IT (I'm a huge Star Fox fan) if the entire Star Fox team was involved and I think the single coolest thing would be a dog fight between the Halbred and the Great Fox. Epic.

Anyways, I'm thinking, though I don't think it is relevant, but it is fun to speculate, that General Pepper from Corneria received a distress signal and asked the Star Fox team to check it out. Kind of how it was done in Star Fox Adventures.

General Pepper: Fox, the Cornerian Army has received a distress signal coming from some far off planet near the edge of the Lylat System. Would you investigate?

Fox: The Star Fox team is on it, General.

Or if we want to go with Star Fox Command, General Pepper is ill and retired and Peppy has taken over command of the Cornerian Army. In that case, Peppy would likely have zero involment in SSE or the game period (other than a trophy or sticker Cameo). However, most of the designs seem to be coming from Star Fox 64 and Assault (I say Star Fox 64 because of the Star Fox stage), so I think it is a safe bet the Star Fox team will still be together.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I think its safe to say... The FIRST person you would see flying the Arwing would be Fox. Not like they would show Krystal or Falco before they show Fox.

-Onyx

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I came up with a plot for this. It involves someone from another game (I used Space Pirates lead by Ridley) invading Corneria and kidnapping an important Cornerian leader, along with Falco. Fox and Krystal (Wolf too if he's in) are the only ships fast enough to follow the SP fleet back through the wormhole they came from, which puts them in Brawl. Over the course of the SSE, Falco is corrupted and turned to the bad guys' side (as he was captured by Ridley), and has to be fought at at least one point.

But that's just my perspective on things. And it's possible Metaknight might have been kicked out of his ship by a bad guy from the SF games (Andross?) and that's why Fox was pursuing it. I'm still working on how Fox and Falco got all their kickassery skills. Krystal has her staff, but I know Fox doesn't have the "Firefox" ability in the SF games.

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
I am really hoping for an all-out sky dogfight between the Halberd and the Great Fox.

I have actually been working on a Subspace Emissary story myself, and it featured a battle like that at the end.

After all the good characters have defeated all of the Ancient Minister's goons (Bowser, Ridley, King Dedede, Wario, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Petey Piranha) they board the Great Fox and pursuit the Halberd.

Eventually, the Great Fox manages to catch up, when the Halberd launches a ton of fighters. Fox, Falco, Krystal and Slippy hop in their Arwings to confront them. Samus and Captain Falcon join them in Samus' Gunship and the Falcon Flyer. Link and the Pokemon Trainer go outside to stand on the hull of the Great Fox and attack the fighters. Link shoots at them with arrows, and the Pokemon Trainer sends out Charizard to fight in the sky, and Ivysaur and Squirtle to fire at the fighters. Pit summons Palutena and the Centurion Army, and joins the fight in the sky.

Meanwhile, a squad is assembled to board the Halberd and take out the Ancient Minister. Mario, Meta Knight, Kirby, Ike and Snake are chosen to do it, with Pikachu, Yoshi, Sonic, and the Ice Climbers remaining in the Great Fox as backup.

You then choose one of those 5 characters to play as, with the others following you as CPU allies. After battling through the Halberd, you enter a huge room, where the Ancient Minister is waiting for you. But it wasn't the Ancient Minister who's behind this, as Master Hand and Crazy Hand appear. They attach themselves to the Ancient Minister, and the hardest boss battle in the game begins.

After a grueling battle, with Master Hand and Crazy Hand destroyed, the Ancient Minister activates a huge Subspace Bomb hidden inside the Halberd, as a last ditch effort to destroy the heroes. You have a set amount of time to escape the Halberd and get back to the Great Fox. The 5 heroes make it, and the Star Fox team, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Pit and the Pokemon Trainer get inside the Great Fox as well. The Great Fox then quickly turns around and flies away, as the Halberd explodes in the background, destroying the Ancient Minister, and restoring peace to the world of Smash.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
I am really hoping for an all-out sky dogfight between the Halberd and the Great Fox.

I have actually been working on a Subspace Emissary story myself, and it featured a battle like that at the end.

After all the good characters have defeated all of the Ancient Minister's goons (Bowser, Ridley, King Dedede, Wario, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Petey Piranha) they board the Great Fox and pursuit the Halberd.

Eventually, the Great Fox manages to catch up, when the Halberd launches a ton of fighters. Fox, Falco, Krystal and Slippy hop in their Arwings to confront them. Samus and Captain Falcon join them in Samus' Gunship and the Falcon Flyer. Link and the Pokemon Trainer go outside to stand on the hull of the Great Fox and attack the fighters. Link shoots at them with arrows, and the Pokemon Trainer sends out Charizard to fight in the sky, and Ivysaur and Squirtle to fire at the fighters. Pit summons Palutena and the Centurion Army, and joins the fight in the sky.

Meanwhile, a squad is assembled to board the Halberd and take out the Ancient Minister. Mario, Meta Knight, Kirby, Ike and Snake are chosen to do it, with Pikachu, Yoshi, Sonic, and the Ice Climbers remaining in the Great Fox as backup.

You then choose one of those 5 characters to play as, with the others following you as CPU allies. After battling through the Halberd, you enter a huge room, where the Ancient Minister is waiting for you. But it wasn't the Ancient Minister who's behind this, as Master Hand and Crazy Hand appear. They attach themselves to the Ancient Minister, and the hardest boss battle in the game begins.

After a grueling battle, with Master Hand and Crazy Hand destroyed, the Ancient Minister activates a huge Subspace Bomb hidden inside the Halberd, as a last ditch effort to destroy the heroes. You have a set amount of time to escape the Halberd and get back to the Great Fox. The 5 heroes make it, and the Star Fox team, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Pit and the Pokemon Trainer get inside the Great Fox as well. The Great Fox then quickly turns around and flies away, as the Halberd explodes in the background, destroying the Ancient Minister, and restoring peace to the world of Smash.
Whoa Whoa hold up Meta Knights evil. other than that good story line idea.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
yeah but fox rescue diddy kong from rayqazza and than he use reflrction while rayquazaa doing the blast and it reflect it back to rayquazaa and hten fox and diddy kong join forces to adventure but till now that bowser show up with a throphy turner gun to blast them as a throphy but fox and diddy kong dodge and the blast miss and then bowser laugh so that the fox's role in the subspace emmisary about

Viroxor

Smash Ace
No, that's what we've seen him do so far. We have no idea what his role will be, all we know about is him getting shot down and kicking Rayquaza's *** while saving Diddy Kong.

Maybe something to do with Phazon results in him being super-powered. Extremely unlikely, especially with the Prime series' unpopularity in Japan, but it would be a good excuse.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
My thougts is very simple to any starfox game.

Fox got a mission to investigate the Halberd because it was taking over a few planets. Being Fox, he was most likely the first one to show up and was shot down by the Halberd. The Arwing fell to the ground where he met Diddy.

My only proof is by memory of what I saw only once. Fox was getting out of the Arwing in a jungle. I think the Arwing was damaged, or why would he be there with his ship unless he is meeting Diddy for some reason.

This is my opinion on what seems like what would have happened by what I saw and what others said.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
^^^ what this guy said
but i also think that fox will help Diddy and DK get there bananas back
i donno why but i think Diddy, DK and fox would make a sweet team!!!

Top Bottom