• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Final Smash

LockeExe

Smash Cadet
Oh god. This Final Smash is going to be so unfair on Eldin's Bridge. xD!

The Cannon will own everyone. D: Nowhere to hide!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Timeless classic =/= good game. Just look at Ocarina of Time.
So then timeless classic == great game?
StarFox 64 was a lot of fun back when it was released, and it is still fun now. The game still holds up after 10+ years, which is incredible; that's what makes it timeless. The fact that it is thoroughly fun and replayable is what makes it a classic. Ocarina of Time is still an excellent game, even now.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty cool. It also balances out Fox's overpowered-speed, by adding a giant slow tank into play.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I think everyone can agree that Starfox 64 is a classic and will be remembered for a long time. It's a great game, awesome voice acting, terrific gameplay, and good music. It's simplicity is also great, you can just pick it up and play just like Galaga. Definitely the best in the series.

Assault wasn't as bad as some seem to let on. The voice acting was annoying at first when you're used to the Starfox 64 voices, but I got used to it. Music was excellent all round. Gameplay was as sharp as it's ever been. The only thing I didn't like was the abundance of ground missions on foot. They played well and all, but that's not what I play Starfox for. Nevertheless, it had it's fair share of Arwing and Landmaster missions and they all played out pretty smoothly. Incorporating that set path shoot out on the wing of the Arwing and Wolfen was kinda cool too, although a little unrealistic.

As for Command, it isn't as great as everyone seems to let on. They went back to their pilot roots, but you were always in All-Range Mode. Always. No voice acting neither. Just muh muh muh muh muh. The best part about that game was the multiple endings and the art style of the endings. Only thing is, I wonder how that's going to lead into the next Starfox game... Which ending was the true canon ending?

In my opinion, anyways.

As for the Landmaster tank, I think it's a pretty iconic vehical for Starfox to use as a Final Smash. We've seen Arwings fly into the fray before, so this is new and fresh.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I think everyone can agree that Starfox 64 is a classic and will be remembered for a long time. It's a great game, awesome voice acting, terrific gameplay, and good music. It's simplicity is also great, you can just pick it up and play just like Galaga. Definitely the best in the series.

Assault wasn't as bad as some seem to let on. The voice acting was annoying at first when you're used to the Starfox 64 voices, but I got used to it. Music was excellent all round. Gameplay was as sharp as it's ever been. The only thing I didn't like was the abundance of ground missions on foot. They played well and all, but that's not what I play Starfox for. Nevertheless, it had it's fair share of Arwing and Landmaster missions and they all played out pretty smoothly. Incorporating that set path shoot out on the wing of the Arwing and Wolfen was kinda cool too, although a little unrealistic.

As for Command, it isn't as great as everyone seems to let on. They went back to their pilot roots, but you were always in All-Range Mode. Always. No voice acting neither. Just muh muh muh muh muh. The best part about that game was the multiple endings and the art style of the endings. Only thing is, I wonder how that's going to lead into the next Starfox game... Which ending was the true canon ending?

In my opinion, anyways.

As for the Landmaster tank, I think it's a pretty iconic vehical for Starfox to use as a Final Smash. We've seen Arwings fly into the fray before, so this is new and fresh.
QFT is not enough to praise this post.

I also love the Landmaster as Fox's Final Smash. It never really got enough recognition.

By the way, the next Star Fox game on the Wii is supposed to pick up from about halfway through Command and give it a definite ending.

Spellman

Smash Ace
QFT is not enough to praise this post.

I also love the Landmaster as Fox's Final Smash. It never really got enough recognition.

By the way, the next Star Fox game on the Wii is supposed to pick up from about halfway through Command and give it a definite ending.
Haha, I thought I read some sort of interview somewhere regarding that. IGN maybe? I misunderstood it when I first read it, but now I get it; that's a cool idea.

I'm excited!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the inclusion of barrel rolls just put this game over the threshold between being a great game, and being the greatest single creation of all time - better than the Great Pyramids, the light bulb, the automobile, the airplane, the television, the semiconductor microchip, the internet, Jessica Alba, the 3-point shot, the cell phone, the Roman Colloseum, the mechanical pencil, and hot pockets - COMBINED.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
This thread has just degraded into people (some more intelligent than others) argueing that their opinions are fact. Nothing more to discuss here. Back to topic please.

Ultimate Ultimate

Smash Rookie
Pssh everyone knows that this isn't actually his final smash. Foxes final smash actually makes him just like he is in melee lol ;)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
DO A BARREL ROLL!

Probably already been said, but I still felt like saying it.

Anyway, shouldn't this belong in the Dojo Updates section?

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
**** that landmaster is so hudge and very powerful and he can hovering.
Great final smash for fox.

Top Bottom