• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Final Smash

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
So, in the Dojo they showed Fox's Final Smash(which is cool) along with the shield stuff(but no one really cares about that ;) ) Just wanted to think what you all thought about it.

By the way, if you haven't seen what it is yet;

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/fox/fox_071004f-l.jpg

I personally found this FS Smash very pleasing. Not something I thought it would be, I expected Fox to be in the arwing instead, but I was wrong. What do you guys think about it?

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Its cool and all but whats interesting here is that Sakurai is giving us double updates all willy-nilly nowadays...maybe he is actually running out of time?

red stone

Smash Ace
Its cool and all but whats interesting here is that Sakurai is giving us double updates all willy-nilly nowadays...maybe he is actually running out of time?

there could have been some big development that has occurred while making the game that could take several updates to cover. maybe he's throwing out updates to get to it

Sir James

The Doctor
I noticed that as well! I hope this trend continues until December 3. Brawl is now less than 2 months away so it is possible that he wants to get to some juicy info before the game's release.

Fox's final smash is pretty epic. The Landmaster tank looks AWESOME. The new design of the Landmaster tank got me thinking again: is it possible that a new Star Fox for Wii is on the way soon? We can almost guess that one is being made, but I believe that a Star Fox Wii game is closer than we all think. There are a few other clues to support this, such as the newly named ship on the Fox level in Brawl.

Another thing about Fox's Final smash update that caught my eye was that you have to "Tilt down" to roll the tank. I wonder what the Gamecube button would be? Maybe hold L or R and tilt the analog stick?

edit: had to fix some 6am typos

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
The comedy of this update (just the Landmaster one, actually) was hillarious.

Also: first non-item update to feature items, I think.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The comedy of this update (just the Landmaster one, actually) was hillarious.

Also: first non-item update to feature items, I think.
Special Brawl had Knuckle Joe. He counts as an item.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Good speculation on Star Fox Wii. Nice to see that Sakurai is developing the game in accordance to future releases; I wouldn't like to see Brawl become outdated as soon as another big game is release by Nintendo.

Makes me wonder if he's putting in touches of Super Mario Galaxy - maybe a bee suit in addition to or as a replacement for the Metal Cap from 64? Also if the touches of Mario Kart in Brawl will be based on Mario Kart Wii..

NukeA6

Smash Master
Fox's Final Smash doesn't disappoint. Though, it might have problems in small stages.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
I just realize how many times we're going to be hearing that today. From everyone I know who checks this site.
After reading today's update, I thought, "What on Earth happened to the 'Let's Nerf Fox'" Project? The FS looks like pure win. I mean. A tank that takes up the size of the bottom platform of the stage, the ability to damage foes on contact AND a gargantuan blast that HURTS, as Sakurai said

The only 2 things that can nerf this is a very short duration, or the probability of having such poor turning that you'll fall off the stage half the time.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
What an attack... I love this FS. Sakurai seems to really be putting some thought and creativity behind them.

DO A MOTHER F***ING BARREL ROLL!

Couldn't resist.

God I wish I could change lanes in a landmaster...

Phat

Smash Cadet
I think this is the best FS we have seen so far. I also agree that this might be for the Starfox Wii game. If Sakurai is 'looking ahead' using future games, I think Brawl would be even more amazing than it already is/will be.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I was a fox main before I even realize about the tiers and stuff so I don't care about ranks. This just made me care even more about maining fox lol

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to incorporate using the Landmaster in adventure mode to get through a stage of some sort... except you might be able to take damage or you gotta hover (jump) over pits while blowing things out of your way.

Would make adventure mode... well, crazy.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I really like Fox's FS (even though I was expecting Kirby/Zelda's before his). I don't think it was realistic to let you control the Arwing so they give you the Landmaster. Nice trade-off if you ask me.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
HE PULLZ OUT A FRIGGIN TANK!

THATS AWESOME!

seriously, he pulls a friggin tank. Landmaster VS GigaBowser for event match!!!

oh man! that makes me think how interesting event matches will be... As dragon Yoshi, battle the kid icarus army@! possibilities are endless.

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
No one cares that you can't turn around in the Landmaster? I think that's a big deal. I don't think it looks uber, in fact, I thought it looks cool but isn't going to **** nearly as much as Bowsers or Mario's.
my thoughts exactly. its pretty huge, which usually means slow. the blast is big, but there are too many ways good smashers can avoid it. Like some people have already said, just get behind it, we dont know that it can turn around, and some1 assumed that u take damage from touching it, just because it rolls doesnt mean it hurts, look at mario's F.l.u.d.d.

The only thing that keeps me from being disappointed at this FS is that we don't use items in smash tournaments. did every1 4get that?

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
HE PULLZ OUT A FRIGGIN TANK!

THATS AWESOME!

seriously, he pulls a friggin tank. Landmaster VS GigaBowser for event match!!!

oh man! that makes me think how interesting event matches will be... As dragon Yoshi, battle the kid icarus army@! possibilities are endless.
This would be so epic! I really hope they bring back event matches. Except I hope theres like 500 instead of 50 haha.

Njs523

Smash Cadet
wouldnt it have made more sense to give him an arwing? I mean, how often is the tank used in starfox games? Like twice? The arwing is like THE vehicle you use in those games...

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I dont get how ppl can speculate on how effective (or not) an FS is without actually seeing it in motion...

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
wouldnt it have made more sense to give him an arwing? I mean, how often is the tank used in starfox games? Like twice? The arwing is like THE vehicle you use in those games...
Well maybe some other Star Fox character will use the Arwing as their FS. Maybe someone who always stays in his Arwing and "Will take the sky anyday" ;] hint hint =O *Points at Avatar* XD

Oh and This is my FAVORITE Final Smash so far! It's so EPIC! XD

Drake3

Smash Ace
How? How would you make a controllable Arwing work in a game like this?

my thoughts exactly. its pretty huge, which usually means slow. the blast is big, but there are too many ways good smashers can avoid it. Like some people have already said, just get behind it, we dont know that it can turn around, and some1 assumed that u take damage from touching it, just because it rolls doesnt mean it hurts, look at mario's F.l.u.d.d.

The only thing that keeps me from being disappointed at this FS is that we don't use items in smash tournaments. did every1 4get that?
It says it turns around. And you take damage when you roll.

Njs523

Smash Cadet
How? How would you make a controllable Arwing work in a game like this?
Well, lets see.... considering they just incorporated a MASSIVE FREAKING TANK into the game and made it controllable, I'm pretty sure they could find a way to incorporate a relatively small arwing, especially since there are already characters with final smashes that make them fly...

End Game

Smash Journeyman
OR they can just show the airwing in the background, aiming its lasers at the stage...kinda like that pokemon that goes into the background and just blasts everything back in melee.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Two major things: First, my idea for how the Arwing would work as a Final Smash.

It swoops down onto the stage and the pilot dives in, and it flies off. It swings around to the front of the screen, now showing the stage through the cockpit of the Arwing. Targetting crosshairs come up, you use A to shoot/charge your laser, and B to launch bombs. Maybe even pretty Z or R twice to barrel roll and make the screen spin, but that might be a little much.

Why didn't they give Fox an Arwing? It's certainly curious. But dive into the Star Fox background for a moment, if you will. Specifically in Star Fox 64, it was mentioned multiple times about how Fox could handle the Landmaster, and how no one else could, or wanted to. On the other hand, who is stated, in almost every game, to be Star Fox's best Arwing pilot?...

That's right. Falco.

Dun dun duuunnnnnnn.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
WHOOHOO!! *Hops around in joy* ^_^

Once I saw todays update I was so glad it wasnt the "Call Star Fox, Arwing Attack" That'd lower Falco chances so much T.T But This update gives him even more of a chance to be in Brawl! =D YAY!

Drake3

Smash Ace
It swoops down onto the stage and the pilot dives in, and it flies off. It swings around to the front of the screen, now showing the stage through the cockpit of the Arwing. Targetting crosshairs come up, you use A to shoot/charge your laser, and B to launch bombs. Maybe even pretty Z or R twice to barrel roll and make the screen spin, but that might be a little much.
I like that idea, but it's very complicated for a Final Smash. All of the others are relatively simple. The only possible way I see the Arwing being a FS is if it is indeed in the back ground and you're shooting people, like what the Andross AT does.

I don't think it could work like the tank. Yoshi flying is different from a massive, clunky, aircraft flying. Also would it be fast or would it be slow? What happens if you hit the edge of the screen? Could you turn around? It seems too complicated, but then again, Sakurai could just make it Falco's FS and make it work.

Top Bottom