• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox vs samus NEED HELP

felix45

Smash Lord
ok so I play this samus player who I KNOW I am better than now but I just plain have inexposure to samus. I want to beat him next time I play him. one thing that got me was up b out of shield. that is the main thing i need help with. I found out when to shine missiles and when to shield them, so I dont need tips against samus projectiles.

also you should know this samus loves to use tilts. it is an extremely defensive samus. also loves to crouch cancel to dsmash and then edgegaurd.

so yeah tips are needed. I guess just assume my mind games are decent. I am very good at spacing myself w/ dash dances and wave dashes.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser

Oh and grab and usmash a bit too and dont run into her shield.

And fox's bair is broken -hint-

takieddine

Smash Master
Samus can CC many of fox's attacks. So yeah laser. Dont miss any l-cancels on the shield and make sure you space your high priority nair and bair nicely.

If the samus isnt CC'ing (which is fairly unlikely) you can utilt for great combo setups.

GOTM

Smash Champion
lasering is very good. also, you can smash DI samus' upB, although i cant even really get that yet.....

just space yourself well and play campy..

Red.

Smash Ace
go for drillshines,shine spikes, If you want to you can force her to come to you by lasering her, aerials keep her away. Pick a stage were she can't live to long like YS I think.

Slashed

Smash Cadet
go for drillshines,shine spikes, If you want to you can force her to come to you by lasering her, aerials keep her away. Pick a stage were she can't live to long like YS I think.
Yeah. Whatever you do, don't do Fountain of Dreams, and stay away from FD. When I play as Samus sometimes, I can make a crazy bomb/grapple recovery on Fountain of Dreams, which pisses off my opponents. A lot.

Dont miss any l-cancels on the shield
Don't attack her shield. Don't miss any l-cancels in general...
go for drillshines
...and get up-b'd.
and stay away from FD
FD is fine for Fox in this match up.

If you're having trouble with lasers, just practice is. nothing more to it. never approach Samus directly. There's usually never a reason to. use invincibility from the ledge to take advantage of her bomb jumps/any other recovery as best you can. If you land a shine on the ground, waveshine, up smash.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Silent wolf said it.

Laser a LOT. Samus actually does a lot better vs fox then many players think. Don't attack her shield directly, upthrow to uair for the most part doesn't work..you have to get her while she is coming back down, or mindgame her into the uair...Samus can kill fox at 0% with edgeguarding so be careful of that...

Umm...just ask me next week at the sa tourny lol. I can show you some stuff.

felix45

Smash Lord
im not going to sa tourney. staying up here in lubbock.

well actually if you know anyone from lubbock going to SA I guess I could make my way down there if I got a ride. but yea probably not going.

@silentwolf - ok thanks. I had a reply that looked exactly like yours but not as offensive but then smashboards was gay and ate it so I got pissed and just said I'll laser more lol

I would waveshine to usmash but I dont consistently get the perfect wd for the usmash so instead I compromise and wavedash jc grab uthrow

yeah her recovery is a ***** too I do the thing where I drop down then grab the ledge a bunch to gain invincibility and do my best to edge guard her but it's really hard because of the priority of the up b. I do know to shine spike samus if she doesn't get the grapple where she can sweet spot the edge though so that much is to my advantage for now. looks like I'll just have to play more to figure out how to edge guard her.

guess I'm off to practice laser spamming.

@hylian - yeah I figured out uthrow to uair doesnt work on samus so I guess I will have to mindgame the uair if I want it.

j00t

Smash Champion
@silentwolf - ok thanks. I had a reply that looked exactly like yours but not as offensive but then smashboards was gay and ate it so I got pissed and just said I'll laser more lol

I would waveshine to usmash but I dont consistently get the perfect wd for the usmash so instead I compromise and wavedash jc grab uthrow
I believe perfect waveshines aren't entirely necessary. You can dash and jump-cancel your upsmash before she has time to shield, although perfect waveshine -> upsmash is still preferred.

Something that hasn't been mentioned here yet (Which I am quite surprised it hasn't) is that you can just u-air her while she's on the ground. She can't CC it at all (Maybe at very low percents she falls to the ground), and you can shine if she shields it. She shouldn't be able to counter with an up-b out of shield either. It's a viable approach against Samus.

Nyuji

Smash Rookie
Well when I play against samus, I find playing less aggressively helps, just hang back and lure her to you with some lasers.

felix45

Smash Lord
i do uair more than arial. she can up b out of shield after 2nd hit from uair hits. what happens actually is I get the shine out and it makes the noise but because samus up b has same priority but because the up b has multiple hits the first one cancels out shine then the rest hit me so yeah. doesn't work.

thats how i combo/kill samus....lots and lots of uair and bair.

but yeah I'll keep the dash jc usmash in mind as well, it actually could help w/ spacing too assuming samus gets the shield out because I was too slow.

Slashed

Smash Cadet
Don't attack her shield. Don't miss any l-cancels in general...

...and get up-b'd.

FD is fine for Fox in this match up.

If you're having trouble with lasers, just practice is. nothing more to it. never approach Samus directly. There's usually never a reason to. use invincibility from the ledge to take advantage of her bomb jumps/any other recovery as best you can. If you land a shine on the ground, waveshine, up smash.
I know FD is fine for the Fox, but it gives Samus more recovery options because of the bottom of the stage. She can use a bomb/grapple recovery. x-X

felix45

Smash Lord
....samus can do that on every neutral level, even on battlefield where the bottom of the level is ****ed up. that isn't much of a point.

only levels samus cant grapple is jungle japes and mute city.....

Slashed

Smash Cadet
....samus can do that on every neutral level, even on battlefield where the bottom of the level is ****ed up. that isn't much of a point.

only levels samus cant grapple is jungle japes and mute city.....
I know, but I find it easier to do on Fountain of Dreams and FD when I'm Samus. =P

I said the match is fine for Fox vs samus on FD. I took everything into account when saying that -_-
Good recoevery or not.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If the samus is not good at missle spamming then stadium is your best bet against her. Otherwise I would go dreamland or FD so you can laser the **** out of her.

Saab

Smash Cadet
you should ledge hog her when she whips from her recovery, if she sweet spots her whip and u manage to stay invincible and not get hit then when she is coming up she cant grab the ledge and it is the perfect oportunity to shine kill her.

Top Bottom