• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox McCloud Discussion

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Here's something minute to consider: suppose Fox and Bowser are fighting, suppose they each get a smash ball simultaneously. Who comes out on top: Giga-Bowser or Fox inthe Landmaster? (probably not possible in the first place, just a really epic thought I had)

On a more serious note: "Fox nerfed?"
I do not believe so. The only video 'evidence' for slower fall speed is on the Lylat Cruse. Did it ever occur to you that there may be reduced gravity on some portions of this stage? it is in space after all. It also seems to be played at slower, less frantic pace than what I've seen on youtube.
What would be better (and I hope it is this way) is instead of nerfing any one character, simply bring the other characters up to par with the top. there is already some changes among the heaver characters with their invincibility frames. It also seems other characters will receive a 'footstool jump'. Others still will glide and more others will have a tether recovery. Fox shouldn't get any extras, Fox doesn't need any extras. He also doesn't have to be any weaker, if all the others are getting stronger. Fox is a speed character, he will remain a speed character. I look forward to taking on all these new challenges as Fox, I do not believe the changes for Brawl's gameplay will be as drastic as Melee's changes from ssb64

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I thought it was pretty odd that today's update was Fox's Landmaster Tank FS because today I unlocked the Landmaster Tank Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Ironic :O

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Okay can someone please explain to me what "nerfed" means?

Okay, McCloud's got the king of all Final Smashes, A FREAKIN TANK!

I love the creativity cuz it's just going to add to the nonstop chaos of the game, which Melee lacked at certain points.

That is why Fox is going to be top tier

Off topic: my tier list so far

Fox
Kirby
Link
Pit
Meta-Knight

Low
Wario
Bowser
Lucas
Zamus
Peach

Middle
Everyone else in between!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If that is going from highest to lowest...I'm gonna say I doubt it...

...I also doubt Final Smashes are going to affect tier lists since I'm gonna go with...No items in tournies...and the smash orb is an item

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
yeap he seems to be hugdely nerfed,,,,, but anyways:

Nerfed fox = Good player anyways.

Illlook carefully to how the fox players emule this nerfing and still find ways to win with fox.

His smashes and his overalll resistance, combos,shine, everythng received noticeably nerf... but im veruy sure he will be still able to kick some butt.

He was overpowered anyways

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't think Fox has changed at all.

And the addition of his Final Smash being great and thirty seconds long only adds to this horrible factoid:

HE IS TOP TIER.
yes, I can attest to this, his final smash owns, I used it today =)

he does seem a little bit weaker than in the previous game, but he's really not that nerfed at all.

I found that he's still my best character even compared to any of the newcomers. Of course, I wish they'd let us play this thing with GCN controllers instead of the Wiimote... classic controller was better but I still think I'm going to like this game best using the good ole' reliable cube controller.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
yeap he seems to be hugdely nerfed,,,,, but anyways:

Nerfed fox = Good player anyways.

Illlook carefully to how the fox players emule this nerfing and still find ways to win with fox.

His smashes and his overalll resistance, combos,shine, everythng received noticeably nerf... but im veruy sure he will be still able to kick some butt.

He was overpowered anyways
Since I'm not a "pro" Fox player (in the sense that I don't use oodles of adv. techs) I don't think I'll have too much trouble adapting to the altered play-style. Heck, who knows? Fox might not even be Nerfed in my hands. I may be wrong though...

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I read fox was horrible in this game

but i think i still try him out and decide for myself

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Like they put Fox in the low tier out of all the characters that are on the demo

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hate to be a downer, but the ideas from Star Fox 2 actually mostly transferred to Star Fox 64, not Command, although they had some similarities.

As for my two cents on Brawl Fox:

I'll play him regardless of "how good he is" but if his alternate costume means Wolf isn't in I swear to GOD... ugh

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Oh come on,, i saw him and fox seems very good still. Also his quick kicks (AAA) seems to have much more ragne now. He can at last use effectively his Fair and is still speedy and can fast fall very quick too.
His nerfed smashes are not THAT nerfed anf his lasers are still pwnage( we need to remember that most of the time we dont have enuff space to shot lasers so them having less range is not a big issue).

His biggest nefing was his shine and it still spikes so fox is nowhere near downtier.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Fox needs to keep his pimp hand strong.

Throw^, Smash^, and Aerial^ nerfs sound bad for Fox players. I loved getting 70 percentile KO's with a Throw^ and Aerial^.

Fox's animations seem rather different and his ^Smash looks like it takes more frames to complete. I'm not liking the negative aspects of Brawl in consideration to my favorite character Fox. Hopefully I won't have to change my main to something else, but I have been playing as Bowser for a bit. ShortHopping F-Air is very useful. I really like Fox's new looks and I don't want to abandon him for someone better, like I did to Kirby. Top Tier -> Bottom Tier in a transition is scary, and I don't want Fox to change anywhere from Top Tier to anything below High Tier.

smashbot226

Smash Master
His Final Smash IS one of the slower ones. However, what the cons from a tank come the pros of a tank.

In other words:

A punishing Final Smash. His cannon is INSANELY powerful. And his barrel roll is excellent for annoying tankjackers.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I don't like his FS really awkward looking and the tank is to **** huge

It's as big as the level

You can actually hit people with the laser?

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but it's just so weird

It's as big as the stage it's like it doesn't even need the gun

It's just a weird FS to me don't like it

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I read somewhere that one of his taunts is a Fire Fox Feint of sorts.

I can't post links 'cause I'm on my Wii but if you search Gonintendo for 'brawl' it's one of the recent set of impressions... I think it might've been MTV's.

Anyway, Fox is looking more up my alley in this game so I might have to check him out.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I barley see any videos of Fox in battle so I can't say
I just know he's not as good as he was in Melee

_X_

Smash Lord
I barley see any videos of Fox in battle so I can't say
I just know he's not as good as he was in Melee
None of us really KNOW anything.

It was just a Demo (subject to change) and we only got to play it for a few constantly interrupted hours.

Hell Fox could be bottom tier... then again he could be God. Hell if it were my guess I'd say tier list wont mean **** will all the balancing they're doing.

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
When we say his shine is weaker, do we mean knockback? or stunning rate? (knockback will kill shinespikes, but I think it could help waveshine, if it's there.)

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
i know fox is a top tier character and all, but i really dont like him all that much. He takes skill to play, ill give him that, but he just gets boring after a while... I dunno what it is, but i just really dont like him... Am i the only one out there who feels this way?

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
Fox is so fast so he is fun. I don't know why but I love doing dairs and shine (l-cancelled of course, but I miss those a lot) I don't see why he can't be fun. His speed is what is so fun. If you don't like that then I dunno.

Top Bottom