• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox help

Brakedown

Smash Cadet
So i just got back from a little neighborhood scrim. And lost to a smash happy fox that jumps to **** much. i couldn't secure a good grab and when i did he DI'd so i couldn't knee. I started techchasing him with stomps then just started jumping again. Any advice for this type of player?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I face Fox a ton...and the fox I face is usually spot-dodge compulsive so it's a real pain...however:

If he jumps a lot, then one option is to let him come to you and go for a shield grab. The downside is that his shine can prevent that. Or, you can be agressive and fight his aerials with your nair. It can be tricky but it's possible to beat his shffl'd nairs with your own, you just have to time it right. I would say go for the second kick in the nair since it has an extended duration and you can space yourself better. If your aerials just whiff him enough for a split second stun, and he's relatively close to you, go in for a JC grab. Another option is dash dancing out of range of his aerials, since this can give you an opening for a grab if you catch him just as he lands. Again let him come to you, and use your grabs and tech chases to rack up damage.

About the throwing...logically he can only DI out of throws at mid to high percents, so you should be doing down throws early on. Tech chase with grabs too, not just stomps, and side b can be useful if you're careful with your predictions. Re-grab him after low % stomps/side-b's. If he fails a tech, go for a shffl'd knee or stomp. Down throw to knee-ing a failed tech could be the make or break moment for him losing a stock early, and you want him to.

By the time he reaches 85-90% you should be throwing up (if you didn't kill him already) and following with an fsmash (after an up throw at mid 90s-100) Guaranteed kill pretty much, and if he DI's away then run and grab him again. 110% and up you can do up-throw to knee as a finish.

If he's smash happy then punish/shield grab his missed smashes. I know for sure he loves that up-throw to upsmash/uair. To deal with it: at low percents, fast fall and tech roll away to avoid the upsmash. At higher percents, DI left or right, or jump to avoid the uair. Or both. If he threw you before you could DI fast enough, hold down and spam jump. Either you jump and he misses, or you get hit but DI down so you won't fly as high. Don't ever try to evade with spot dodge, it's too laggy for CF and you'll just get hit/grabbed again.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
mid 70's on fox...anything above and he can jump out of it..and anything below.. he can tech out..also..if the opponent is good enough to DI the stomp..no punch for you.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
mid 70's on fox...anything above and he can jump out of it..and anything below.. he can tech out..also..if the opponent is good enough to DI the stomp..no punch for you.
It usless against anyone who can slighly DI like stated above... + tryin to pull f a punch is showing out anyways. Just stomp to **** instead. I.E **** = knee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
against fox i like to nair if i can't grab him, cuz eventually it'll put him on the ground, and then i can tech/roll chase and THEN grab.

yeah i like to grab because grabbing is the shiznit against fast fallers.

if he shields the nair, gentleman the shield and he SHOULD get hit (esp. if he tried to shield grab you.)

if he shields the whole thing, nair and gentleman... then he is smart ^______^

J03

Smash Master
fox ***** falcon you have to **** fox over with grabs youll get everything you need from grabs pretty much all you need to do is prance about the stage with dash dancing untill the fox gets tired and approachs i dont advise sheild grabbing from the off fox usually pipes up a shine so wait for that then grab, if the fox is waveshine happy then wait for the shine then aerial out of sheild

tech chase stomp is an absolute godsend, follow the stomp up with a knee from 55percent plus less then that i advise another grab tbh

edgeguard fox by staying on the edge preferable with up tilts only grab the edge if your sure there gonna fire fox then knee them in the lag

stay away from small stages fox has the priority to spam nair on those use platforms as much as you can you need to be using the platforms to either camp under them or stand on them to lure fox in its really your choice

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Don't approach Fox, let Fox approach you, Fox ***** Falcon's approach.
Hm, probably. Sometimes under pressure you've just gotta approach, though? As far as I've seen, a lot of approaches are safe. Nair to jabs, dair and land behind him, bair and land behind him, fast falled uair... etc. But they are unreliable, so I can see why fox ***** the approach.

jmic

Smash Ace
Tech chase with a Falcon Punch.

And also watch Silent Spectre's Combo Video, "Silence."

Pretty much info on how to get hits on spacies.

Top Bottom