• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox for FFA

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I mostly play FFa's with my friends and such and i was wanted to get some tips on how to use fox in them, (or the link to another thread where its already there >.>).

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Dash canceled Usmash when your opponents are busy.
Laser camp.

And...yeah.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i think you can dash cancel up smash w/ fox. im pretty sure i've doen it before. anything else? cause i've been laser camping most of my matches anyway lol.

_Mar_

Smash Cadet
What u want to work on is mastering aerial moves, his Forward air move is devestating when used correctly and his back air is very good, although it takes more careful timing. You cant forget that UP smash either, its always been very good. Another thing I do is I always use the down throw since it propels the opponent, once they are in the air I use the forward air. Laser spamming is also good.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Do A Barrel Roll!!!

Seriously though, lol, it depends on what kind of FFA's your playing. Laser camping works extremely well for both stocked and timed matches. But it's better in timed matches if you plan on stealing KO's rather than earning them and putting your life at risk. Just as in melee, Fox doesn't have any great "Croud Control" moves like Ike or MK. Your better of picking one person off at a time if you can. But laser spamming doesn't work well for these kinds of strategies, as everyone will get pissed at the 20-30% damage their getting while being occupied with another opponent. Play it safe, and if you need room, your D-smash has great horizontal push to it, which with a back roll gives you enough space to fire your blaster off a few times.

And with the throw-game, it's differant on each character/ opponent, because some people will be great at DI'ing, and others not so much. Like for example with your D-throw into F-air: on some characters you might need to double jump almost straight up before you can get the combo off. With others, like Jiggs or MK, you may need to space your jump so you get the most horizontal distance from the jumps so you can reach them.

But it basically boiles down to your planning and ability to read opponents. I prefer playing humans over CPU's because although the CPU may be really good at DI'ing sometimes, humans are FAR less predictable, and most people will take advantage of that quick.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its stock battle and yeah they do get mad at the 20-30%. i mostly play with humans now i stopped playing with the CPU cause they are extreamly predictable and constant gang **** is no fun after a few matches. :( other than laser spam i mostly hit and run until their damage is up enough for me to KO someone not paying attention to me atm. its just those really strong people like Ike and G&W that are hard to deal with.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ikes range and power make him beastly for FFA's. And he doesn't have to worry about most projectiles too much. Your best bet is just tryin to go for "croud control". When they're all stuck in a group and they're not payin any real attention, for example G&W is pinning down someone with his greenhouse jab, jump down, give them both a drill-kick/ D-smash. Keep yourself spaced properly at all times. I have people tellin me I "need" to go back to melee becuase I use the shine to annoy/ space my opponents. Alot. :)

That and in FFA's, ledgeguarding is less useful, as 90% of the time someones goin to be using Ike, Ganondorf, G&W or another power hitter to KO. Let them KO everyone, unless you get the opportunity to get an easy Up-smash for the kill.

Edit: Ledgeguarding can also be dangerous in FFA's. You may get the kill on whoever just fell to their doom, but there's other opponents who are there to do the same to you while your hangin out after the KO. Once again, playing smart and not leaving yourself open for attack is key.

Basically, be smart, play safe. Basic rules for Fox. ;) He may be fast, but he's also I believe the
5th lightest character in the game.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Laser camp and just steal everyone's kill with an Usmash. It's what I do.
lol the only problem with that is broken powershielding >_>

i do mostly let others do all the KOing for me as Fox unless someones really not dying when i want them too (Ex: Kirby) then i go do it lol. since Fox does have like -9000 crowd control ability lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
I dont play startegically in ffas. Im so used to 1v1s, i go after one guy and stick with him. If I
dont do that... well... im blaster spamming. :bee:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Laser spam and up smash alot is what I do. Also I like going across the screen with the fsmash train while people are dealing with others. For some reason I always to dtilt over and over in FFA's I can't give you a direct reason for that though. :laugh:

Oh yeah, fair can catch a suprising large amount of people.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Laser spam and up smash alot is what I do. Also I like going across the screen with the fsmash train while people are dealing with others. For some reason I always to dtilt over and over in FFA's I can't give you a direct reason for that though. :laugh:

Oh yeah, fair can catch a suprising large amount of people.
i've never tired the Fsmash train in brawl lol. it seemes too risky but i might try it sometime.

PCHU

Smash Lord
If you're against Ike, prepare for a big lawlz.
You'd be surprised at how so many large characters fall prey to a repeated shorthopped dair.
Also, dair works into other moves, and shorthopped aerials.
Try it.

Top Bottom