• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Compilation Combo/Video Thread - (Early/In Progress)

Element_Demon

Smash Cadet
Fox's metagame still has sooooo much time to improve. The wii u version isn't even out yet. In time I see him improving.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
your skills are miles behind theirs, you'll never be anything. sorry, someone has to tell you eventually...
@Idiot~ Do SB a favor and give up while you dont look like a total failure

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Warning Received
*Deleted by Poster

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anymore derailing/flaming to any extent, even if you didn't instigate it, will be met with warnings to the harshest extent.

Whoever is the best this early on (especially before the release of the Wii U version) will hardly matter before long.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well I thought I was going to add to the list lol but you already have a variant. I guess i'll just add that around 50% your Utilt also sets up for a FF SH Fair into Fsmash if they don't tech. DI is also involved so that 50% is loose, just a good place to keep in mind. Otherwise Dtilt also works as a set up. I just started playing fox two days ago so I'm only now beginning my testing but so many of the same mechanics and techs work throughout the roster. Just need to find specifics on when and how you use them through experience.

I really don't get how he could have ever been considered low tier... he feels amazing to me, especially after working so hard to polish my Ganon, I feel so free and nimble again :D

Last edited:

Dark_380

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2931-7989
Pretty sure all of these have already been found out but if anyone can get anything useful out of this then I've done my job.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
http://www.twitch.tv/xtrtj/b/592089810
heres a video of torney I went yesterday, my match starts at 04:26:00, I played vs a robin and then vs sonic...
you can see another match vs a Falco at 01:09:00, but I think I played a lot better vs the robin player cx
Hmm, not sure how I can add this video onto the compilation, but I'd prefer it if it was a single 1 on 1 match video without all the other matches.

Is there a similar video, preferably on youtube?

Last edited:

LieSander

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen this mentioned here but Nair to Up Smash is a really good kill combo.

Also, starting at around the mid %s (like 60 or 70ish) against Marth in training mode, I found that Up Tilt to FF Fair can combo into itself for a pillar-esque sort of combo, granted they miss the tech repeatedly. It kinda ends only when they get knocked up too high/at the wrong angle by the Up Tilt, and I found the last hitbox (in front of Fox) is the most reliable, but I haven't tested with DI yet.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Forgot to mention haha, 100% and up
I'm mirroring Fox in training mode, and 94% is the perfect time to use the Nair-USmash combo. Anywhere under that, and the opponent can get escape in time.

It also might be different percentage's for other characters. Other things I've noticed is that it's better to be over them and fast drop before doing the combo to assure they hit the ground.

Best time to use Combo:
Fox = 94%
Mario = 104%

Last edited:

LieSander

Smash Rookie
Note that it might not always KO reliably until you start at like 105%+, which is the main purpose of setting up the Up Smash.

Unless the opponent has bad DI, the low angle of Nair's knockback will cause them to hit the ground, allowing for a chance to tech out of the setup until even higher percents (110%ish+)

Crimsoncrossing

Smash Rookie
NNID
crimsoncrossing
3DS FC
4613-8788-1799
I think I may have found a combo for Fox but I still need to test it out some more. I currently dont have video of it because I am mainly getting it off in training and whenever I get it off in a match I forget to save it to record it :/ but yeah I have no clue how this will work in the Wii U version, but the combo is

Short Hop -> DAir -> DTilt -> FSmash -> Dash -> Full Hop -> FAir

Would really be helpful if someone else can help me with testing out this combo to see if it can be applied to competetive use. And maybe see if it can work on the Wii U, having superior control over your fighter with the better controller.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Last edited:

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
hey hidden arwing, you probably should make a tournamenament match section with competitive vids only, theyre the most valuable to watch. VGBC hosts weekly tournaments, you might have heard of them, but theyr're getting pretty big with the names they feature. anyways I frequently play on their stream and they post the vids online. these are the matches from a week ago. I placed 4th/60 at the tournament

S@X - Snow (Fox) Vs. Kenshin (Toon Link, ZSS) Wii-U 11/25
http://youtu.be/uyVLsv7bCWQ?list=UUj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw

S@X - Snow (Fox) Vs. Blur (Captain Falcon) Wii-U 11/25
http://youtu.be/yRksz_m5z1Y?list=UUj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw

S@X - Pink Fresh (Pit, peach) Vs. Snow (Fox) SSB4 Wii-U 11/25
http://youtu.be/HCZKmlE8O-s?list=UUj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw

Last edited:

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Um, what is interia landing?
How do you perform it?
interia landing is a when you gain momentum that you can gain into other moves allowing the character to keep moving foward. It's extremely useful for fox and probably other characters with fast walking speed.

To perform this you must Full jump -> Land -> Hold foward -> Grab.

If you grab to soon you won't go anywhere. If you grab too late you won't go that far. You have time the grab right. You can do it with a double jump, too bad you can't do it with a short hop.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Sometimes I commentate For Glory matches to help players improve. Here's a Fox v Samus

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think there are much on Fox vs. Falco MU and I was digging around for some Falco videos, but here's a couple I posted on the Falco section which lacks... a video section except for one that was just asked for recently. So, for people who want to study this MU, go right ahead.

Always know your opponents.

From the Good Falco videos? thread:
Huh, I was about to ask about this. Well, this one's from French or perhaps Canadian French players. The channel's called SmashTime. They don't have good video quality in terms of "professionalism", but that doesn't really matter since it's about Falco (and Fox). This one has a weird song overlap. I think these guys (the players) are pretty much even and it's always that one good read that puts the other ahead.

This is the other video. Audio issues.

We all know about Shofu and zef's fight from the early days. zef plays a great Falco even when the game was just out.

Point is: Falco's slow in comparison to fast characters like Fox, so against them, he really needs to time and space his moves. Side Smash looks like a really great punishing move since that "delay" might catch someone off guard along with its range and hitbox.

Last edited:

MunsterMash

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicU85
I don't think there are much on Fox vs. Falco MU and I was digging around for some Falco videos, but here's a couple I posted on the Falco section which lacks... a video section except for one that was just asked for recently. So, for people who want to study this MU, go right ahead.

Always know your opponents.

From the Good Falco videos thread:
Huh, I was about to ask about this. Well, this one's from French or perhaps Canadian French players. The channel's called SmashTime. They don't have good video quality in terms of "professionalism", but that doesn't really matter since it's about Falco (and Fox). This one has a weird song overlap. I think these guys (the players) are pretty much even and it's always that one good read that puts the other ahead.

This is the other video. Audio issues.

We all know about Shofu and zef's fight from the early days. zef plays a great Falco even when the game was just out.

Point is: Falco's slow in comparison to fast characters like Fox, so against them, he really needs to time and space his moves. Side Smash looks like a really great punishing move since that "delay" might catch someone off guard along with its range and hitbox.
Got ya some more Falco matchups right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7B_osMT-1U&list=UU1w-3SkAJRJSFoK-MWsqEJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPFGYhLcEg&list=UU1w-3SkAJRJSFoK-MWsqEJQ&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ6UrWNs18I&list=UU1w-3SkAJRJSFoK-MWsqEJQ&index=4

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not at all, go ahead.
All right, I'll be sure to mention you. They're great and I hope you continue making videos. Is JJ on Smashboards? 'Cause it'd be great to have a little more talk on Falco. Fox's wingman can't be left behind.

MunsterMash

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicU85
All right, I'll be sure to mention you. They're great and I hope you continue making videos. Is JJ on Smashboards? 'Cause it'd be great to have a little more talk on Falco. Fox's wingman can't be left behind.
Thanks, and for your question, I don't really know. I just came across him in For Glory, we did some matches and I actually tried to communicate my NNID using the tags but he left xD. Hopefully I can find him again in For Glory, definitely the best Falco player i've gone against.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thanks, and for your question, I don't really know. I just came across him in For Glory, we did some matches and I actually tried to communicate my NNID using the tags but he left xD. Hopefully I can find him again in For Glory, definitely the best Falco player i've gone against.
Aww, that sucks. Oh, the woes of internet where there's so many people. Hey, at least we know JJ's out there compared to the dark ages of gaming or the dark ages of science, art, music, etc. where people were never known at all.

MunsterMash

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicU85
Aww, that sucks. Oh, the woes of internet where there's so many people. Hey, at least we know JJ's out there compared to the dark ages of gaming or the dark ages of science, art, music, etc. where people were never known at all.
Yup. Even though it's unlikely, i'll definitely post some more matches if I ever get to play him again. Also, I have like 2 more replays of matches against him. I could upload them if you're interested but you'll have to wait until tomorrow, going to sleep soon so i'll leave them over night.

M@v

Subarashii!
Late on these because they took a couple weeks to upload (Was finals week for our uploader) But here ya go ;3
Warning: There's sound delay issues so its not just you.

Last edited:

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
I like to think of myself as a Marth main... but I just have so much more success with fox in a lot of match ups

Here's a Fox v Diddy match (just ignore game one...):
If there's any advice/criticisms let me know!

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Why so few videos? Fox is a popular character, yet no videos are being posted of him.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Here's
a video of me and some random guy on FG. I think his name is Reeves or Triforce idk. We played a ton of matches. But then we started doing Fox suitors. I doubt there is any thing too useful, but on the last stock I had some good follow-ups. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcLjnnT--E

Top Bottom