• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox banned in competitive play

eastheaven

Smash Ace
What do you guys think would happen if fox got banned?
Would falco be the new undisputed top tier or would tiers finally even out a bit since the v.fox matchup important at all, and Falco has some weaknesses(so to speak)?

orintemple

Smash Lord
That would be stupid...

Fox is a character and has no right to be banned.

You'll have to ask some pro or someone obsessed with tiers about whether or not Falco would go up to #1. It seems obvious that he would but you can't forget that the Fox matchup would no longer be relevant as you stated. So Falco becoming #1 is debatable.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Fox is clearly the best person in the game. He really is best at doing everything in the game.
Spamming.
Comboing
Killing
Recovery.
Gimping characters at low %s
Being really fast
etc etc

Literally. Fox is clearly a lot better than everyone else. Melee is a pretty stupid game when it comes to competive play. In every other 2D fighting game(You know..the actual better/fair ones like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, etc). If a character is better than everyone else, they actually get banned from tournaments.

Sheik would become #1 btw.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Sheik would only have one bad matchup. . . .so she and Marth would be played more. =p

So then only Marth and Sheik could be played at the absolute highest levels instead of Sheik, Marth, and Fox, it would just be the first two. XD Some people might argue that Falco would be up there too, but he just doesn't win as many tournies as Sheik, Marth, or Fox.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Worst? lmao you act like it's a ****ing huge *** counter pick OMG can't win. 60-40 Sheik, that's it. Falco is 60-40 Falco on Sheik. Falco and Marth are even. Everyone else fails compared to them. It'd be Falco or Marth, with Sheik in third.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Sheik vs Falco is even/slightly in the favor of Falco. Sheik has some **** **** for Falco but Falco's combo game is way too good. Sheik would benefit the most from a Fox-less tournament. But the idea of stages coming back sounds quite hawt, I must say (since a lot of them were banned because of him). Overall I think it's lolable.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Fox is clearly the best person in the game. He really is best at doing everything in the game.
Spamming.
Comboing
Killing
Recovery.
Gimping characters at low %s
Being really fast
etc etc

Literally. Fox is clearly a lot better than everyone else. Melee is a pretty stupid game when it comes to competive play. In every other 2D fighting game(You know..the actual better/fair ones like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, etc). If a character is better than everyone else, they actually get banned from tournaments.

Sheik would become #1 btw.
Oh wow.

Falco is a better spammer than Fox because of his projectile.
Pretty sure Falco can combo better than Fox as well.
Fox does kill pretty fast due to his strong moves
Fairly certain Fox does not have the best recovery move.
Fox does gimp well, possibly the best, but Marth is pretty **** good at it too.
Falcon is faster than Fox

Do you even play Melty Blood?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
What do you guys think would happen if fox got banned?
Would falco be the new undisputed top tier or would tiers finally even out a bit since the v.fox matchup important at all, and Falco has some weaknesses(so to speak)?
I'd switch to C. Falcon main. 'Nuff said.

PB&J

Smash Hero
if i were mew2king i would say sheik would become top tier but he thinks she is the best now so that defeats the statement but..falco would def be number 1 hands down

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
I think people are underestimating Peach. With the bane of her existance out of the way, Peach would be a nice little promotion.

Top Tier:
Marth / Sheik
Peach
Falco

High:
Captain Falcon
etc...

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO, kid. You don't know what the fvck you're talking about.

-Syn

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
NO. JUST NO....STOP IT. It's in the game deal with it. BTW. I'm from a place where we were born to counter ever existing Fox on the planet, and future Foxes. I am immune to Fox. I'm dead serious. $ match me I dare you!!! : *

GA Peach

Smash Lord
falcon for number 1 ! .. i dont call guilty gear or melty blood 2D fighters .. i prefer MvC2 and street fighter third to be good 2D games
...? GGXX not good?! GGXX is one of the most balanced, well-made 2D fighters ever made. This is one of, if not, the only fighter where you will see lower tier characters able to win tournaments due to smart play and knowing matchups. the tiers aren't as stratified as in smash or, especially, MvC2. i personally don't see how a game that has 56 characters, but only 12-15 of them are playable in competitive scenes can be considered well-made at all. Melty Blood is fun, but there are a lot of unfair things about that game. 3rd Strike is one of the greatest 2D's of all time, balance(with the exception of Yun, Chun-Li, and Ken, but you can still get around them) and gameplay wise.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Fox is the main force stopping Marths and Sheiks in tournaments, so I'm of the opinion that they'd move to top tier in Fox's place.
Falco is retardedly easy to gimp if you watch his techs, Peach is just a ***** that you have to play patiently with.

@Laijin- Do we need more proof about the Marth/Sheik matchup?
lol

Marth would be the best in game, UNDISPUTED.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Miyako having no range is unfair : X
true, true, my friend. she's still better than mech-hisui, though. she's a pile of trash. and, daniel-zaman, i'm pretty sure complaining about fox or not doesn't make shiz wiz, or anyone else for that matter, better or worse. they're better because they are, or were, more dedicated to the game and trained like crazy. you don't complain about the characters, but are you as good as them? no, and the reasons have nothing to do with complaints.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Fox is the main force stopping Marths and Sheiks in tournaments, so I'm of the opinion that they'd move to top tier in Fox's place.
Falco is retardedly easy to gimp if you watch his techs, Peach is just a ***** that you have to play patiently with.

@Laijin- Do we need more proof about the Marth/Sheik matchup?
lol

Marth would be the best in game, UNDISPUTED.
...didn't you just lose to laijin's sheik with marth?

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
GA Peach - GGXX is a good game , i know it is .. i guess its just not as fun to me , but it is good though. Marvel is pretty much just crazyness goin round and round .. its so hard to get good at that game ..
3rd strike is awesome :p lol ..oh i hate against yun especially haha .. I got 7th place at third strike at the last final round .. mike G was there

Top Bottom