• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox, and The Quick Kill / Fox's Guide for Dvmd33z

RPK

Smash Lord
Even though there already is one, I just wanna write one up because I dont want to go to sleep right now ._.

This is basically showing how to kill with Fox in the most efficient, and quickest ways possible starting from 0-death
The Start: 0%

This is about the percent when the opponent will be the most vulnerable to combo. Using the usually Dair, up-tilt, up-tilt, up-tilt. From here we have a number of options. Usually most Foxes will be able to chain up to 2-3 up-tilts in a row before the opponent goes somewhere. The following areas are the back, above, and front.

Above: From here you can upsmash and put them at 50ish percent. However, this will diminish your upsmash, till you perform 9 moves to bring it back to full. So unless you intend on lasering, and grabbing a lot, I dont think this is the most viable option since were going for a quick kill. You also have the choice of performing an Uair, putting that at about the same percent. Or a Fair, but Im not sure how reliable that is...

The Front:
This is where I encounter most of my opponents after putting them in that combo. From here, we can hit them with an upsmash for 50ish damage. However, [insert reason above]. My personal most favorite way this is a grab. From there 2-3 pummels, and a down throw which is probably an additional 14-15ish percent, putting the opponent at 45ish. Down throw has a lot of follow ups depending on where the opponent DIs, but I'll cover that later.

Behind:
This is the most troublesome when they get behind after those uptilts, as there are barely any follow ups. Only thing I can personally think of is to sh fair.

The Center: 40-50%
Now, at around this percent you have multiple choices. Around this area Fox can do many, many things. I'll explain the ones that I see...

Keep away game

This is one of my old styles that I used to do consistantly. As you can see it revolves around Fox's F-tilt, lasers, and grab. Most of the time I would dair to grab. From here I'll perform a D-throw which the following can be performed since there are only 2 ways the opponent will DI when it comes to using this move.

If they DI in front of you or away, your best bet is to laser them, and from there the map is reset, and from there you continue to laser till you get another grab.
If they DI above you, you have the choice of Uairing them, or Fairing them. I personally prefer Fair, because your able to easily follow it up with a Dair if they decide to airdodge. After your done, you go away, and repeat...

In this style I will be constantly Fox trotting, and poking at them with F-tilts, and dash attacks as well. Its funny hitting some players with 5-6 dash attacks in a row and watching them whiff as they fall to the ground thinking I'll follow up my dash attacks.

Combo game ala Nair

This is the style that I want to get into, and experiment more with. Yeah, thats right, Fox can still combo even at this percent. Your baby for this will be the nair. Over the past few weeks, I will have to say this. I feel ******** for not using this and I am sorry for neglecting it. -hugs nair- Nair is one of, if not Fox's best aerial. It hardly has any lag since it can basically be canceled by another move, and well...Its just stupid safe. It also has a lot of follow ups. The one I wanted to point at mainly though is Fox's ability to Nair, Dash attack. Right during the Center, it will hit for 23% right off of the bat. Why? Because, if they werent used during The Start, then it both will be fresh from all the moves that will be applied before it. In addition, if you wish to, your able to easily follow up a dash attack with an uptilt, and other things. However, dont go to far in terms of percent because after just one nair to dash attack, and a move or 2 afterwards, theyll be at the 3rd stage.

The best of course would be a combination of these two to provide the most quick and efficient way of killing...Or atleast getting them there.

Also keep in mind that some characters will now be picked up by a Sh fair at mid percentages...

The Finish:

Now, if you have studied your percents, you should be able to figure out about when everyone dies ect. Actually...

Upsmash kills from this percentage and above. No charge
Tested on Final Destination: No DI

Random: None (Cant be killed by an upsmash. He’s just too good.)

Dedede: 111
Snake: 108
Donkey Kong: 107
Bowser: 104
Captain Falcon: 103
Ganondorf: 102
Ike: 102
Charizard: 100
Link: 100

Wolf: 99
Wario: 99
Samus: 97
ROB: 97
Yoshi: 97
Wolf: 99
Ivysaur: 96
Lucario: 94
Mario: 93
Sonic: 93
Pit: 93
Luigi: 92
Ness: 92
Diddy Kong: 91
Lucas: 91
Marth: 90

Ice Climbers: 89
Toon Link: 89
Falco: 87
Peach: 86
Olimar: 86
Zelda: 85
Pikachu: 85
Zero Suit Samus: 85
Shiek: 84
Kirby: 82
Fox: 82
Meta Knight: 82
Mr. Game & Watch: 80

Squirtle: 78
Jigglypuff: 76

Those are all the kill percentages that I have tested for each and every character. Of course this was in training mode, like stated above, with no DI. However, the move was still used at 100% power, when in a regular match it should be at 105% power. Thus, the move is more powerful, with more knockback. If not, just tack on an additional 5-10% for each character and they will surely be killed.

Now, once getting the character's kill percentage in mind, put your Nair in mind. Think of about how much damage it will be able to dish out then and there. After taking that into account, Nair will then be used as your set up for your upsmash. It is more reliable then Dair as Dair only combos above 100% while Nair will combo into an upsmash on almost every character while theyre below 100%. So, if everything goes right, you should get the upsmash cleanly. If they go above 100% dont fret. You still have Downsmash, and Bair as back ups. In addition your now able to combo from Dair.

Anyways, I hoped this has help in some way shape or form. Its 3am now, so I should probably head to bed. Night

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Everyone remember nair to usmash against falco, it's very satisfying to land that, and nice guide RPK, it's good to see there are still people interested in fox

Hestix

Smash Cadet
Sextastic! Problem is DI is pretty strong these days, so even if U Smash is at 105% the realistic damage your opponent would have to be at is a bit higher than it is on this list. Way to put in the work though, always nice to know exactly when to drop the upsmash.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Actually, you just punch your opponent right when they're about to DI.

Anyway, good stuff. I disagree with some of it, but those are details.

RPK

Smash Lord
@Hestix
No...Theyre pretty accurate. If not, just add a bit onto it. One of my friends down here basically knows DI inside and out. Everything from the math involved, to momentum reduction, and who has the best stuff. So yeah...Theyre accurate. Just make sure that when you do upsmash, your facing the closest corner because if theyre DI is good, they'll fly at a 45 degree angle minimum.

@Zhamy
If I may ask, whats that stuff? >_> Percentages mostly?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Well, first off, grabs are under-represented, in my opinion. Fair is also good at low percents. I'm also finding myself to be much more patient with Fox these days, and lasers add on anywhere from 20% to 30% each stock depending on the matchup.

I mean, if I nitpicked, there are tons of details where I could point out many options that are more "efficient." At the same time, I think that's also a part of playstyle, and what this covers is good as it is.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
U-air is usually a better follow up than F-air, because if they dodge they're screwed by another aerial. In my experience anyway.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well, I wouldnt be surprised if there are a bunch of mistakes.. I did write this at like...3 in the morning when I was basically passing out on the keyboard. lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
usmash typically KOs about 7-10% higher than what's on those lists because people DI and they use aerials to cut their momentum.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
Nair is also a possible follow up after the Utilts, no matter where they are you're in position to hit them with it although you're better off staying with the grab in front. In back Nair is probably the best follow up. Just feeling I should mention that.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Nair is also a possible follow up after the Utilts, no matter where they are you're in position to hit them with it although you're better off staying with the grab in front. In back Nair is probably the best follow up. Just feeling I should mention that.
Bair is better.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Bair is better.
No ways! Air dodge at your opponent for mind games after the up tilt combo so they will be so confused they drop the controller leaving you free to do a fully charged up smash. =3

Jk. Yea, the back is is better but I am finding myself using neutral airs a lot more recently.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I also noticed it wasn't mentioned that Nair can combo into a grab at low percents if they don't DI, so Nair - Dthrow - Fair - whatever, etc. Better than the oh so predictable Utilt combo.

Hell if you want to be creative, Nair - Dthrow - PWG Dthrow - Fair. Nice way to mix it up.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I also noticed it wasn't mentioned that Nair can combo into a grab at low percents if they don't DI, so Nair - Dthrow - Fair - whatever, etc. Better than the oh so predictable Utilt combo.

Hell if you want to be creative, Nair - Dthrow - PWG Dthrow - Fair. Nice way to mix it up.
wasnt mentioned?

does NO ONE look at my combo list.
like seriously...

Vyce

Smash Rookie
nice job on this, RPK.
this is a bit unrelated to what was written, but shine gimps are really easy to pull off and kill at 0%, especially on characters with bad recoveries (like falco).

you can try to play defensive in the first part of the match, then shield grab. throw them off and proceed to shine. xD
dair—shine works magic as well, even though it's potential suicide.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Thank you. Please, people, use Nair more. It's freaking good.
He speaks the truth I find Nairs to be more effective against MKs ESPECIALLY when you try to approach. Nothing better then meeting an MK in the middle of the air in between his attacks with a FH Nair.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
needs moar fthrows.

people dont peep those fthrows

PEEP THE FOWARD THROW.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'll reply to this, since it's still near the top...

Moon-Doggie: stop bringing up old threads like this... these threads are dead and gone... let them stay that way. There isn't any reason to keep reviving old threads. Thanks.

Top Bottom