• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foward Throw Chain Grab List

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The ROB infinite isn't a standing infinite, just as clarification.
Yeah. The reason I asked at first was because I thought it pretty much acted as one. YOU might be moving, but ROB is in one place and it doesn't end like the meta knight "infinite" ends, with her reaching the end of the stage and being unable to continue.

I wonder why that distinction is there. What is the functional difference between the ROB infinite and the Wario grab-release infinite anyway?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Several people in NC try to ban "any series of moves that completely deprives the opponent of control over their character indefinitely," to get around the fact that this is in fact not a standing infinite.

It's all nonsense. None of the infinites need to be banned, anyway.

sasook

Smash Champion
None at all ph00t?

I'm waiting for when the day when they ban IC's instadeath grabs.

I know it'll never happen.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ICs need their grabs to compete, banning it would just result in one less character capable of competition at high levels.
Yeah I don't want it banned because its legit, but its also bull****, basically its practice mode for them as you watch yourself get infinited and its not even cool looking. Plus I haven't found an IC main I didn't hate so.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Is there any visual cue to help know when the last ten frames of the throw are starting? I'm having mixed results right now trying to use this.

ClownOfGod

Smash Rookie
This will be my first contribution. YAY.

Anyway, after extensive testing, I've found the grab doesn't work on Luigi. He can neutral air or fair out of it, ZSS is just too slow to grab in time. I pulled it off once or twice, where I took damage from the hit but still managed to grab, but it's around 95% that Luigi will escape.
Hopefully, some of you will figure this out, maybe even verify this information.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I messed around with these a little:

It seems Falco's does in fact start at 0%. The first grab is standing, like Nef said a while ago.

With Link, and Wolf, if the Fthrow is staled once or twice, you can in fact chain from 0% as mentioned in the OP, but I guess we already knew that.

What's weird are the other ones, DK, etc. While they do seem to be escapable at some points like mentioned in the OP, the %s are not consistent. For instance, the first time I tested it DK could jump and spot dodge at 10% and the second time he could not. This might mean that it's a specific frame range that it must be performed on. This is worth testing out with debug, if anyone has it.

Top Bottom