• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Four Corners Tournament Royale - Date TBA!!!!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
On that note of disappointment, Utah probably won't make it to this. We're probably not going to have a driver.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya if Utah doesn't go then its no longer the 4 corners. You can find a driver. Someone can step up and do it

Sigh...that's pretty lame yall. I can understand with Lovo, but that's only one guy from CO: the rest is still coming. All of Utah can't just back out...that's lame. Quick!!! Someone be cool and drive you all down here!!!

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
well basically its cuz I don't have much money. I have 10 dollars right now. Well, if enough people go then I could probably go still cuz it is not too much but I don't know who is going.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Let's all start saving for Pound 3 !! \(^.^)/

I'm sorry if you guys didn't know this, but 90% of Utah's smashers don't have cars :laugh:

Hmmm...go rent one for the trip. Then you don't put miles on your own car. In this case though, you guys could get one for the trip and split up the money for a vehicle that'll bring you all in it, like a suburban or a van. Just an idea, 'cause I don't know how much that would cost.

Contact some people Lovo!! Try to make it.

Make sure you advertise this tournament around Farmington too Dark Meow, that way more people show up and the prize is bigger. If it's just the people from the four corners that'd be fun, but I like tourneys when they're really big with lots of people!! It also improves the odds that you won't have to face someone from your crew or state within the first few rounds.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, the way this tournament is being run is from a sponsorship, and I need more players or the tournament will be either delayed or cancelled, and with talk of more players dropping and we haven't reached 50 players even, then I might have to announce a later date towards the end of January past the holidays and such.

I need my council (Erich and Ferdi) to discuss this with me. Would it be safer and better for the health of the tournament to post pone this to a later date?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya thats true. Come on everyone has too come to this tournament. I have the days off work and everything. Utah, be creaive and find a way. If you all pitch in you can rent a van or something for really cheap. Check prices. And Lovo... please come

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, it just wasn't meant to be on this upcoming weekend. I mean, that means there is a week from thanksgiving weekend to prepare, and collect over 20 people. It just isn't happening this coming weekend. The thread will remain, and we can discuss an extended date. If we give enough time, I think we might be able to convince Washington and SoCal to come ^.^ But we'll see how it goes.

However, NM, you guys can still come and I'll host a big tournament for you guys ^.^ There is still a bunch of people in FM and Durango. That or I'll drive to Albq. and play you guys ^.^

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I've talked to Dark and Light. There's plenty more time. For now I think that with Pound 3 only a month away, I might just cancel all together, there just isn't enough room for this tournament to be successful.

I am still looking for insight.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Pound 3 is two months away last I checked...and you COULD always make it a Brawl thing if you wanted. It could be the first big Brawl tourney, with Melee on the side.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well see if you can hold one a bit later into December and try to get more people confirmed. We shall have to see

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I will end up doing that.

And Kasha is right, it would be really stupid to throw it later. Christmas is only a few weeks away from december 1st, people are visiting family, and they can't afford to travel out of state 2 weekends in a row. And with Pound 3 a month later, it wouldn't be worth holding the tournament. I will probably turn it into a Brawl tourney, with more planning and having everything set up nicer, with a date that works best. A large scale brawl tourney where everyone can teach eachother what they've learned in glitches, and find out who is the new amazing.

As far as I'm concerned for now, this thread is done. Thank you all anyways ^.^

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You can still use the Brawl tournament within this thread. I'd give it about a month after Brawl's release though, just so a metagame can be formed so random halfassed techniques don't win the tournament.

True dat, true dat. Oh well...Sigh...

Well then, how's about making the date sometime in March? That'd be a good time, I think, because if you did it then it's close to the end of the school year, people aren't going to be bailing, unless it's during spring break, but even then they might not go anywhere. Think about it. If not, try early May.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Sad to see this tournament go but it really is for the best. We barely hit 30 people and that's surely not enough for a good OOS tourney. The turning this into a SSBB tournament later after it's released is still a good idea, and I suggest that this tournament be moved towards that. Sorry I was away during this entire charade of problems but I was busy. No johns I guess.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It will definetly progress into a brawl tournament. The new host however will most likely be Zenjamin if he's willing to put the time into it.

I am now currently enrolled for the start date of April at Full Sail in FL, so I won't be here (to plan, I'm attending for sure). But I will keep the thread open and tell everyone what's going on. Check up everyonce in a while ^.^

And Ferdi. I still wanna MM before brawl comes out. Since your asian, you willing to run to Durango for the mm? I'll up it to 20 dollars XD

(and btw, if it's for brawl, it will be in June, before any MLG tourneys, because it's after the school year, it is helpful for travel because it's before gas goes up, and it's not too close to any major events.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
It will definetly progress into a brawl tournament. The new host however will most likely be Zenjamin if he's willing to put the time into it.
who? me?
well, sure. ive never been the "social event organizer" type. but i suppose i could... cant really think about it now though. finals and all.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
And Ferdi. I still wanna MM before brawl comes out. Since your asian, you willing to run to Durango for the mm? I'll up it to 20 dollars XD
It was supposed to be "you willing to ride your bike here for the mm? I'll up it to 20 dollars XD"

Anyways, next time we see each other(probably sometime during christmas break like you said), $20 BO5 MLG match.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I probably won't actually be going to this.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I probably won't actually be going to this.
Sorry

Aye, that it is. Don't worry, if it dies, then we'll just make another one. After all, it's lookin' like it'll be at least 4-5 months before the actual tourney starts. We've got 2-3 months of it being blank.

March is a goodish time then?? Post what you think of a good date people!! At least a general time frame, like a month.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If it's in March then I can almost guarantee that Utah will have at least one carpool coming.

Top Bottom