• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward interviews Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys, Forward here. Recently I had the opportunity to sit down with the one and only blue bird, Falco, and got to ask all those questions every one thinks, but no one asks. I wasn't planning on sharing this with everyone, but Falco spoke some of the wisest words that were too good to keep to myself. Enjoy :)

The room was dark and smokey and it was almost hard to see the faces on the bodies. Falco sat in the corner sipping on a dark drink unphased by the chatter around him. Sitting nearly still against the lively background of the spot, he stood out more than any one for the simple fact that he wasn't trying to stand out. I made my way towards him.

"Forward, have a seat my man," Falco said. "Long time no see."
"Ya, it's been awhile." I had to shout. The room was noisy and I could barely hear myself, "Why did you want to meet here, of all places? It's kind of loud."
"I like the atmosphere. The people help me feel more alive. Plus I can smoke." He pulled out a pack of cigarrettes from his jacket, "smoke?"
"Thanks."

We lit up and sat back and took a moment to watch the world around us. The music was loud, the alcohol was hard, the floor was dancing, and the people were alive. I was beginning to understand why he chose this place, and as I was about to comment on it when he let out a sigh.

"What's up dude? How is life right now?" I asked. "You've been smashing since 02 now, with tons of loyal fans from the beginning and new fans every year, how does it feel?"
"It's tight," he pauses. "I feel like I'm part of something important." He looks out to the room and takes a drag. He turns to me and I see that his eyes have changed, narrowing and staring directly into, no, through my eyes, "let's cut the bull****, shall we? I know you got some real questions to ask."
"Wow," I was shocked. He was right though, I looked at him for a moment almost unsure if he was serious. He was. "Alright then, let's get to it. What do you think of the current meta game in smash?"
"It's disgusting. I mean that in a good way.... but also in a bad way. I heard M2K destroyed Ken's crew alone at OC3. That's the level this game is at now. I don't know whether I should bow to this kid or puke in the toilet that anyone could be so good."
"Maybe you can bow and puke at the same time," I said. "Speaking of OC3, what did you think of Bombsoldier's performance?"
"I didn't think about it. If you thought about then you were simply caught up in the hype." He said.
"Fair enough."
"It's a good thing that kid doesn't know english, I'd hate for him to know all the **** people say about him. That's too much pressure for a kid his age. Let him play the game and have fun."

Falco looked down at his drink and swirled it around. "Hey, Forward, what's this **** I hear about you retiring?"
"What!? This is your interview," I said. "We don't need to discuss that."
"Oh but we do. Who's gonna show these kids the way now? Shiz is gone."
"We still got PC Chris." I said.
"Isn't that the guy that took your style?"
"What the ****?" I was flattered. "You know that's just some bull ****."
"Don't be modest, how is that guy gonna show these kids the way if you're not there to show him the way, huh?"
He had a point.
"Listen," he said. "Between PC, you, and Shiz, y'all held it down for me. Now PC is on that Fox swagger, your punk *** went to Sheik and then retired, and Shiz found god. Tell me what the **** is going on here!?"
I laughed. "You wanna know the truth man? You really wanna know what happened with me?"
"**** no," he said. "Ask your next question."

This guy, where the hell did he come from? "Ok, my last topic I wanted to touch on. The final answer, once and for all. What's better, mindgames or tech skill?"
"Fool, I remember back when I could barely shoot a laser backwards, now you got kids quadrakillion shining all over the place, what happened?"
"That's what I'm asking you."
"Look, you wanna rush that **** down? You gotta know where to rush your opponent at. How else you gonna know where to rush them unless you have mind games to predict them? If your rushin' at the wrong place you ain't bein' technical you bein' a *******." He was smiling. "The secret it is, if you always rush in the right place, you will be technical naturaly."
"That's some deep ****. I gotta get whatever you're smoking."
"Marijuana yo, you down?"
"Let's do it."

:psycho:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
This is the greatest post in the history of the falco boards. If this forum still had reputation, Id make 10 accounts right now just to optomise the + rep you deserve.

If you and falco ever wanna smoke a bowl at my place, feel free to drop by. Make as much noise as you want you can just SHL whoever complains until they get so annoyed the call ya cheap and leave, scrubs.

Falco's the man.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this should be in the Falco thread or in the Creative minds section. And anyway yes, most of the high level Falcos are retiring now, possibly because of Melee beginning to die in favor of brawl. After PC switched to Fox, Forward quitted and Shiz found god I think BS got back his title, possibly along with Hiko. My unability of challanging any of you because of the distance just sucks bad.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Melee beginning to die in favor of brawl.
Blasphemy. By the looks of it, Brawl is gonna be a nub fest, everything technical about melee is becoming automatic (links grapple, CCing, The gentleman)

Melee will live on forever!! Well I'll try to keep the spirit alive anyway..

But thats beside the point. This interview kicked ***.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I just tried to find a reason for too many pros to retire after OC3. Yeah, many people like the thread said are nervous about brawl potentially sucking (including myself a bit), however I really don't get the point of the melee pros suddendly becoming half than before =/

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Wow, that was very interesting. It almost seemed as if you really interviewed Falco. Your mind reminds me of my cousins, because he's so smart and has a huge imagination that things he say can almost seem real. Lol, you should write a book or something about Melee.

This is a Shiz post btw, stil logged on as SpeedN.

Edit: To make Falco feel better, I'll start ****** some CPU's.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sean, were you high when you wrote this at 3 in the morning? better not be high whenever we play again, son

PS: good luck at Goop's, come out of retirement for a day and **** everyone plzthx

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i can't quadrakillion shine anyone yet =[

and don't let falco smoke... he won't have enough breathe to SHL more than a couple times. mathos will be sad =[

Repryx

Smash Champion
i can't quadrakillion shine anyone yet =[

and don't let falco smoke... he won't have enough breathe to SHL more than a couple times. mathos will be sad =[
But you can Quadrakillion phantom stall.....

Sean WTFlux man? You know what? I say All Falco's retire just to see what Falco says about that? lolz JK But did you really retire 4ward? I keep seein stuffs like....Im gonna play blah blah blah...whats gonna happen is....youre gonna keep jokin and eventually get back on the scene as Falco becomes the most hated character again...

But seriously...WHATS HAPPENING TO US????If you guys are gona retire then start spillin secrets or somthin *xcept 4ward he already did that* cuz we are tryna get better but we basically lost all our Prominent Falco's and Drephen still exists.....Nuff said....BTW PC retired as a Falco so he no longer counts...

mathos

Smash Champion
Thats definitely not Falco as he wasn't gay enough. If you have any questions or comments just refer to GamerGuitarist's sig. He's definitely flaming.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Out of all the characters in melee's roster, falco would be my last choice to get high with as he is a total ******* in starfox64 and his playstyle is like teh uber lame in melee..and is just a f@ggot in general. (just refer to gamerguitarist7's sig) My ideal character to get high with would be ice climbers, because i live in alaska and i know for a fact eskimos are da **** to get high with. Also, reading that post was orgasmic for me.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Legendary thread.

Forward just 4-stocked everyone who has ever started a thread.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^HAHAHAHAH lolz well it does remind me of some Sora kingdom hearts ****

Repryx

Smash Champion
Out of all the characters in melee's roster, falco would be my last choice to get high with as he is a total ******* in starfox64 and his playstyle is like teh uber lame in melee..and is just a f@ggot in general. (just refer to gamerguitarist7's sig) My ideal character to get high with would be ice climbers, because i live in alaska and i know for a fact eskimos are da **** to get high with. Also, reading that post was orgasmic for me.
Youd rather get high with ICs??? too young. Maybe Marth.... **** no he has a Tiara!!! CF...maybe...Ganon...On that destroy the world **** Fox? Straght edge... Game and watch? CHA CHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom