• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward B out of shield.

:034:

Smash Hero
According to Gimpyfish...

Gimpy said:
ganon
jab and ftilt work on some moves, but the best thing he's got is forward b out of sheild. that move is seriously amazing.
FORWARD B

OUT OF SHIELD

hdsjfshjhdsjh

Okay, so pretty much one of our best moves can be performed from a shield. If you shield, you get shoved back a bit but you can catch right up with a forward b.

But ****, this is pretty good. If you can shield a Smash, you can probably forward b and catch them while they're in lag. Awesomeawesome.

Dunno if anyone knew, but I thought I'd post it as a thread. Seeing how we have four threads about people disliking Ganondorf's appearance at the top right now.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
From what I've heard, shields drop almost instantly in Brawl. Mew2King made a post in the general discussion forum about dropping your shield into a jab or other quick move as an alternative to shield grabbing, all because shields now drop so fast. If that's the case, can't you basically do ANYTHING "out of a shield"?

Edit: Okay but to be fair fB out of shield still sounds ridiculously amazing. And we thought Melee Marth had a long-range shieldgrab. :laugh:

Kev$

Smash Rookie
hields now drop so fast. If that's the case, can't you basically do ANYTHING "out of a shield"?

Edit: Okay but to be fair fB out of shield still sounds ridiculously amazing. And we thought Melee Marth had a long-range shieldgrab. :laugh:
LMFAO agreed:lick:

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
And remember, even if the opponent doesn't have a lot of lag on their attacks, towards the end of >b gannon has SAF

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Doing things out of shields makes me hungry for some reason.

Magus420

Smash Master
Where have I heard this crazy idea before of using forward-B out of shield like a month ago?

Oh, that was me

And again if it's quick enough, don't forget about:

1) Fwd-B
2) Shield
3) Getup Atk/Stand=Shieldgrab; Roll=Fwd-B OoS

Magus420

Smash Master
Cool find.

Now that's interesting! Have you tried it in real matches?
Nah I haven't gotten to. When I played last month I was trying to Fwd-B OoS by cancelling the shield by jumping which would always end up with an aerial Fwd-B instead which didn't seem to work well.

The main thing would be if you can react to them rolling away and still catch them with the Fwd-B in time. If you get it on a platform it should most definitely work as long as the getup attack wouldn't push you off the edge of the platform.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Ahhh... It seems that with each passing day the dark lord gets better and better.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Magus
I also realized that a long while back when I saw a vid of some ganon vs a falco. I plan on abusing that at Momocon. I will record my vids. Momocon will be the weekend after Brawl's release. It'll be funny, you guys will love it if it works out.

Magus420

Smash Master
Cool. I wonder how character's rolls compare in duration/length as well as any slight differences in speed/range of the Fwd-B in this game to Melee. I know it was humanly impossible to react to tech rolls in time in Melee using Ganon and any "techchasing" with him relied on prediction/covering multiple options, but I'm not sure how flop rolls with a small amount of shield drop ontop of it would play out going off reaction.

ptown

Smash Ace
this isn't out of shield.

it's more after shield. gimpy is a liar.

Magus420

Smash Master
It is technically after shield though since you release it and then do the move (unless you powershield). I don't believe it actually interrupts any part of shield drop (again without PSing), but the drop is much faster now anyway.

Top Bottom