• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

forward b help

SpyroDi

Smash Rookie
Well, it automatically hits rollers at the end of a roll, might work possibly on some aerials...otherwise, just mindgames.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I use it against players who really ABUSE the side-step dodge in the spot... I've rarely missed it...

Other use may be for tech chasing.... but it has to be with lots of anticipation...

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
After L-Canceled Stomps on Fastfallers.
Incidentally, I find it also leads well into a shffl'd stomp on fast-fallers. I find this and the down-b need particularly good spacing for it to be most effective (like most of Ganon's attacks), a little bit outside your opponent's range seems to usually work, wait for them to make some laggy mistake and punish them with this. It has a similar a trajectory as throws do so it's pretty good if not abused.

phish-it

Smash Champion
It could also be used as a semi-dodge, as Ganondorf lunges back before moving forward. If only it went as far as captain falcons.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it can go underneath projectiles if used right (like falco's SHL if timed right)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
it also puts the opponent up and behind ganon. so against fast fallers you can shufflstomp, forwardB twards center of stage, and shff Dair behind you for the spike.

it also has worked aganst a link i player i know at low %

combo into spike, is that what a ken combo is?

there is also a possibility that this only works on the people i play because the dont DI right. is that so?

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
If someone is sheilding when you hit them with it, usually they are knocked back far enough to wear they can't shield grab. Also I like to do it against walls sometimes because there is no lag and it's fun.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I an move through samus' charged shot, I guess it has invinvibility frames, or it' glitch. It can be used for tech chasing, or after a dair on fastfallers.:psycho:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it can go underneath projectiles if used right (like falco's SHL if timed right)
This is the big reason why I use over+b, and I don't think it can be stressed enough. Once you get the starting animation out of the way, the over+b will go through SHL.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
If you are facing another ganon with poor spacing and who uses the Thunder Punch to kill shield grabbers, you can press forward B AWAY from them just after you shield their SHFFLed attacks and it will teleport you behind them to dodge their attack, then hit them by suprise. Sounds wierd, but i've tried it and it worked

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If you're facing away from someone, try dashing away, then immediately pressing the control stick back towards them and press B. Sometimes you can evade an attack with the dash away and then quickly counter-attack with the forward-B. Try it!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
On levels with walls (Peach's Castle, one form of Pokemon Stadium etc.) if you are about the distance that ganon covers with his over+b away from the wall, and you over+b towards the wall, then he does not do the falling animation at the end of the gerudo dragon if you miss (same way he will rebound off the wall with wizard's foot if you are close). I guess this could be used as a defense mechanism to quickly get out of the way, without the lag at end of move.

Top Bottom