• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know, I've considered learning another language as it may be helpful, but I've been having a tough time trying to find one that I could both learn but also use in my daily life.
Doesn't help that I'm also very insecure with about everything. And the last thing I want is to screw something over or at worst come off as ignorant.

I'd argue it's one of the downsides with living in America culturally. Don't get me wrong you'll see a blend of cultures, but not in the same way as like Europe.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know, I've considered learning another language as it may be helpful, but I've been having a tough time trying to find one that I could both learn but also use in my daily life.
Doesn't help that I'm also very insecure with about everything. And the last thing I want is to screw something over or at worst come off as ignorant.

I'd argue it's one of the downsides with living in America culturally. Don't get me wrong you'll see a blend of cultures, but not in the same way as like Europe.
You could learn Spanish, and there are plenty of Spanish speakers here, whom you can talk to, and without requiring Google Translate at times.

Although it isn't much, but being able to talk to Red Hunter Z and UniK0rn in French and Kirbyfan391 in Bengali does feel pretty nice.

Me gusta Señor FalKoopa :p
FalKoopa FalKoopa
¡Gracias! :p

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I would like to learn more Spanish. I really only know enough to get me through Spanish class last year with an A...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm currently focusing on Japanese, while trying to retain whatever French I have learnt.

I got the Genki textbook that is often prescribed for Japanese learners. It has a lot of exercises after each lesson, and I just write the answers in both Japanese and French, which I think is working.

Like, if the question asks シドニーはいまなんじですか? (What time is it in Sydney?)
I write: "ごぜによじです。" and "Il est quatre heures du matin." (It is 4 AM.)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*looks back at this thread's history*
*notices that about 4 years spans about 7-8 pages and roughly 2 years to get it to page 44..*
Lol that explosion of users back in 2014 xD

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I was raising random things leading up to the latest competition and trying to come up with a team (the last thing I thought of was a mono Water team with all new/Gen 7 only 'mons
), but once Year of the Rooster started for Overwatch, pretty much sank all my free time into that (only really play my 3DS during breaks at work, anyway).

I threw together some random things I already had and will probably do a few matches just for the free BP, but atm I'm stuck on a winning streak in the Battle Tree. Was initially just testing aforementioned team's synergy, since no Wi-Fi at work obviously, but the Bank update/the 500+ BP I got from saving up fell just short of affording me all the Mega Stones, so I'm making the most of it.
Thought I'd move the conversation so it wouldn't disrupt the Bob-omb thread too much..
Ah I was playing something else as well but managed to finish the team I wanted to use (3 of them were finished though) and replaced one at the last second being a Specs Comfey with triage draining kiss (had Sp attack maxed and HP was being worked on while I was playing something else) I'm still loving this Snorlax set (iappa berry with stockpile, recycle, Earthquake, and toxic) lol it's getting a bit of hate from a few players xD)
I had about 550 BP when Bank was ready to be updated and still didn't have enough to get everything I wanted for items.. :ohwell:

One of my friends Haxed the battle tree with Unaware Pyuk and got around to 40ish with the help of that Pyukumuku lol. Can't remember how far I've gotten though..

Last edited:

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Hey kids! It's your old friend, Pap! Paprappa the Parapper! And have I got a story for you! Gather 'round the campfire, boys and gals, 'cause it's a rrreeeeeeaaaalll humdinger, y'all!

Once upon a time, there was a weird, nerdy guy on Smashboards who went to the Forum Games to pretend to gather kids around a campfire, and tell a story about a guy who did the exact same thing! Little did he know, however, that in an alternate universe somewhere out there, there was yet another weird, nerdy guy on Smashboards, who also happened to go to the Forum Games and pretended to gather kids around a campfire, and told a story about yet another guy just like the others, who did the exact same thing!

Growing more and more tired of typing such an unfascinating story on the internet (instead of, you know, getting a job), he decided that his stupid little story needed a bit more "oomph." As such, he came to the conclusion that the story needed a villain.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! You'll never be able to escape the monotony of this time loop for as long as I live! I've trapped you! Admit defeat, worm!!" Shouted the evil maniac, whilst holding what seemed to be a magical iPhone with neon veins pulsating inside of it.

"Damn you, Yooki Terulaylee!! Why go to such lengths?! What is your ultimate goal?!" Wailed The Fail Tracer in fright and despair.

"My ultimate goal?! Hahaha!! Do I really seem like that complex of a villain to you?" A sneer of great arrogance and ridicule conquered the dastardly iWarlock as he uttered these shocking words. "I only wish to bring pain, suffering, and misfortune to the people of this universe! There's no huge, overly-intriguing drive behind my actions; I just love to see people being miserable! It's FUN!!!"

Seeing the evil in Yooki's glowing eyes made clear all that had been doubted before. "This man must be destroyed!!" Thought The Fail Tracer as a grimace of fury twisted his face.

But then, all of a sudden, a mysterious floating head, shining with twice the brilliance of a summer sun, descended and phased through the very ceiling that the two characters were fighting under, staring them down with the piercing gaze of a thousand angry housewives! This head... Make no mistake about it, this is the pure, unlimited, uncompressed form of the person who created this post!

The floating head spoke up with words that seemed to bellow through the very earth itself, despite his calm demeanor!

"DIVINE INTERVENTION."

"...What did you say?!" Yooki shouted, his voice shaking with rage and confusion.

"I SAID DIVINE INTERVENTION. I HAVE BEEN TYPING THIS STUPID, NONSENSICAL STORY FOR NO REASON FOR FAR TOO LONG NOW. IT IS TIME I PUT THIS FARCE TO AN END."

"NO!! Don't do it!! We'll all be as good as dead!!!" Cried The Fail Tracer of that universe, while desperately reaching his arm out to the omnipotent floating head.

"IT IS OF NO CONCERN TO ME. I AM BORED NOW."

"NNOOOOOOO--"

~The end~

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Hey kids! It's your old friend, Pap! Paprappa the Parapper! And have I got a story for you! Gather 'round the campfire, boys and gals, 'cause it's a rrreeeeeeaaaalll humdinger, y'all!

Once upon a time, there was a weird, nerdy guy on Smashboards who went to the Forum Games to pretend to gather kids around a campfire, and tell a story about a guy who did the exact same thing! Little did he know, however, that in an alternate universe somewhere out there, there was yet another weird, nerdy guy on Smashboards, who also happened to go to the Forum Games and pretended to gather kids around a campfire, and told a story about yet another guy just like the others, who did the exact same thing!

Growing more and more tired of typing such an unfascinating story on the internet (instead of, you know, getting a job), he decided that his stupid little story needed a bit more "oomph." As such, he came to the conclusion that the story needed a villain.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! You'll never be able to escape the monotony of this time loop for as long as I live! I've trapped you! Admit defeat, worm!!" Shouted the evil maniac, whilst holding what seemed to be a magical iPhone with neon veins pulsating inside of it.

"Damn you, Yooki Terulaylee!! Why go to such lengths?! What is your ultimate goal?!" Wailed The Fail Tracer in fright and despair.

"My ultimate goal?! Hahaha!! Do I really seem like that complex of a villain to you?" A sneer of great arrogance and ridicule conquered the dastardly iWarlock as he uttered these shocking words. "I only wish to bring pain, suffering, and misfortune to the people of this universe! There's no huge, overly-intriguing drive behind my actions; I just love to see people being miserable! It's FUN!!!"

Seeing the evil in Yooki's glowing eyes made clear all that had been doubted before. "This man must be destroyed!!" Thought The Fail Tracer as a grimace of fury twisted his face.

But then, all of a sudden, a mysterious floating head, shining with twice the brilliance of a summer sun, descended and phased through the very ceiling that the two characters were fighting under, staring them down with the piercing gaze of a thousand angry housewives! This head... Make no mistake about it, this is the pure, unlimited, uncompressed form of the person who created this post!

The floating head spoke up with words that seemed to bellow through the very earth itself, despite his calm demeanor!

"DIVINE INTERVENTION."

"...What did you say?!" Yooki shouted, his voice shaking with rage and confusion.

"I SAID DIVINE INTERVENTION. I HAVE BEEN TYPING THIS STUPID, NONSENSICAL STORY FOR NO REASON FOR FAR TOO LONG NOW. IT IS TIME I PUT THIS FARCE TO AN END."

"NO!! Don't do it!! We'll all be as good as dead!!!" Cried The Fail Tracer of that universe, while desperately reaching his arm out to the omnipotent floating head.

"IT IS OF NO CONCERN TO ME. I AM BORED NOW."

"NNOOOOOOO--"

~The end~
That, my friend, was the most paradoxical, forth-wall breaking story I have ever read.

I like it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Feeling a little sentimental, so I'd like to say: Thank you all for being friends with me on here. Because of forum games, I've been able to feel at home on Smashboards :)

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Everyone's talking about the dumb posts they made when they were 15.
Am I just mature for my age, or do I actually make dumb posts?

Honestly, I do feel I am mature for my age. Maybe that's arrogant, but when you look at the people I see everyday, it's hard to not feel that way.
*dies from cringe*
No, I definitely was not mature. Definitely not...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Her mouth makes her look way too much like a beak though. O_O
Posting it here since i already posted in the thread and my post in the Bob-omb thread is the latest one lol.
That's because she's a Hippogryph lol she's part pony and part eagle :p
Also first post in this thread since 2017 :'v

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm reviving the Forum Games. May my energies rejuvenate these threads like my ex girlfriend rejuvenated my [REDACTED].

Top Bottom