• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I call being the adorable witness that is oh so precious. My ego hasn't been inflated in a while and I need to fix that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, and by the way, I haven't been locking threads that go more than a month without replies.

If there is an old locked thread you want to revive, feel free to tag me. :)

:231:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. Jay here. Most of you probably don't recognize me, that's because I stopped posting here a while back. That's what I'm here about.

I'm here to make an apology. I normally feel that apologies are kind of pointless, because I feel that if you're sorry for something, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. But here, at least, I really do feel bad for how I've acted, and I want everyone to know that. And I'm not here to stir up drama. God only knows I've done my fair share of that. I'm here to apologize and hopefully get people to understand me a bit better.

Truth is, I was a huge piece of crap to everyone here, and I admit that. I was a whiny edgelord manbaby who threw temper tantrums whenever things didn't go his way. I brought drama into the lives of people who didn't need it with whiny posts. I complained constantly, tried to leave the forums, the whole bit. But people were nice to me, taking time to talk to me and try to help me. I made friends with them, and things were cool.

But then, as we know too well, things got worse. After a hiatus, I ended up turning on the people who had made friends with me and helped me out in my edgy self-pitying ways. Partly, I felt let down in a few cases when I felt my friends weren't there for me. I also had just become super edgy and basically apparently decided, "Screw everyone." Mainly I just needed to grow up and realize life wasn't only about me and stop feeling sorry for myself and expecting everyone to hang on everything I did. But I didn't, and things went downhill from there.

I blamed my friends for things that were my own fault and picked fights. This led to me losing the friends I had, and feeling too upset and angry, etc, to show my face here.

That was a while ago. During this time I've been able to step back and realize what a piece of crap I was. I had good friends here, but I took a crap on them as payment. Go me. And I regret that. I feel bad for it. And I want to apologize for it. To be honest, the times I had on these forums were some of the best in my life, apart from my constant whining. I had friends who cared about me and I could talk with, but unfortunately I had to ruin it by being a jerk.

I have felt bad about it and regretted it. But there's no excuse for how I acted. You can say it was because I was feeling guilty posting on forums behind my parents' backs, that I was going through puberty, that I was inexperienced in expressing myself socially-it doesn't matter. It doesn't excuse how I acted. It's just not how you treat other people.

So I genuinely want to apologize to everyone-because I know some of you DID care about me, despite my edgelord beliefs that no one did, and some of you probably felt sad or at least ticked off by my attitude-a so-called friend of the people here. Yeah. What a great friend I turned out to be, huh? So I'm sorry for that.

tldr; I was an edgy manbaby who sulked and then started crapping all over my friends, then left, then realized what a jerk I was and now here to apologize.

This post isn't to make people feel bad for me, or to make them forgive me or want me to come back. It's not to get comments out of everyone. No. I don't expect people to forgive me, because I frankly betrayed them. Truth is, I wouldn't be comfortable here anymore given my history, anyway. I've done too much crap to feel at ease around the people here. I've even tried unsuccessfully to come back on an alt account, so I could say to myself that I had made up with the people here, and not be so sour and angry at everyone anymore.

Cowardly, right? Well, it didn't work. It's just not there anymore. But as time passed, I realized I was the one at fault, as I suspected. And I've manned up a little, I guess, enough to say to everyone's face "I was a jerk and I'm sorry."

I apologize for putting this here, all of a sudden. I know this thread isn't about me. But what happened does bug me sometimes and this needed to be seen. Delete this post, whatever, just let it be seen, please.

Anyway, hopefully I can cringe a little less thinking about my time here, now I've made this post.

If this post goes over your head, ignore plz. Peace.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You're always welcome here, Jay. I can't comment on your apology as I never had any bad experiences with you, but if you feel that you've grown from your experience, you should be glad.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Well dude, I was wondering why I never saw you around recently.

I've never had a bad experience with you, but nonetheless, I always welcome you back with open arms despite what you went through.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I think your being too negative on yourself mate. Horribly negative. Time heals all wounds and fades scars. So everything is fine. If you wanted to chat you can anytime and everyone would've listen no matter what happened. Everyone has their off or down moments so theres little reason to beat yourself up over it.

Anyway, welcome back mate, hope ya stay awhile.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't checked this thread in quite a while...

That was all in the past, Jay, try not to dwell too much on it now. I'll gladly welcome you back here whether you stick around or just stop by for some occasional visits.

It's your decision whether to visit this place at all again, but do know that you're always going to be welcome here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh hey Fal. How's it going?
I'm doing well. I've become a full-fledged editor at the Hindi Wikipedia, where I mostly translate and improve history related articles. I've already made some 8 articles on various topics like French Indochina or Mexican Pesos.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm doing well. I've become a full-fledged editor at the Hindi Wikipedia, where I mostly translate and improve history related articles. I've already made some 8 articles on various topics like French Indochina or Mexican Pesos.
That's great man!

btw how many languages do you know?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's great man!

btw how many languages do you know?
Fully fluent in four: English, Hindi, Bengali and Odia.
Intermediate learner in French and Urdu.
Some idea of German and Japanese.

I'm concentrating on Japanese for now.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I only went for tests in french. Not gonna spend 3 hours a day pretending that i'll learn a language that's not even necessary to know where I live.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I guess I know a few words in certain languages too, which I sometimes enjoy merging with my fluent languages, but besides that, I'm only bilingual...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
French has its quirks which makes it pretty hard for English speakers, like grammatical gender, most prepositions don't work like English, and most of all, the completely different pronunciation rules, which is pretty unique. (That said , French pronunciation is still quite regular and predictable, once you figure out the pattern, unlike English. :p)

Though knowing French will make Spanish, Portuguese and Italian much easier.

Top Bottom