• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forever Alone- Brawl

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=5178]Forever Alone- Brawl[/drupal]

Day 1- No one to play... Except for CPUs... <!--break-->

Today's the day I start learning to get better with Meta Knight. Unfortunatly, Nintendo Wi-Fi is still being stubborn with my Wireless connection. I only have one friend who likes SSB and I haven't heard from him in a long time (And his Brawl disk is scratched). And there's no tournaments in my area...

So what am I to do to get better? Kidnap FoxBlaze71 and SunnySunny and hold them hostage until they teach me how to play competitivly? Not a chance...

That leaves... CPUs... WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE CPUS!?!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
So what am I to do to get better? Kidnap FoxBlaze71 and SunnySunny and hold them hostage until they teach me how to play competitivly?
There is no silver bullet when it comes to being a good player. You have to play skilled players, learn your MUs, perfect your DI, don't be predictable, and punish those that are. It takes a ****load of practice with players that dominate you and learning to apply what they teach you. That's it.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
There is no silver bullet when it comes to being a good player. You have to play skilled players, learn your MUs, perfect your DI, don't be predictable, and punish those that are. It takes a ****load of practice with players that dominate you and learning to apply what they teach you. That's it.
"Unfortunatly, Nintendo Wi-Fi is still being stubborn with my Wireless connection. I only have one friend who likes SSB and I haven't heard from him in a long time (And his Brawl disk is scratched). And there's no tournaments in my area..."

So far I can only learn MUs and DI

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Then go to your state thread, find someone near you, and invite them over to play Brawl. It's not my fault you're socially crippled/not proactive.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Something you shouldn't put into Brawl.

Rizen

Smash Legend
'Hope this helps:

Then go to your state thread, find someone near you, and invite them over to play Brawl. It's not my fault you're socially crippled/not proactive.
OP, give up video games and do something productive with your life. Be a butcher or something.
Or a mall security guard. Ya know, earn people's respect.
^:facepalm:. Don't be weak. Also states like CO are bigger than ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, and NJ combined but have less people. Not everyone can drive 2-5 hours one way for tourneys/smashfests.
Day 1- No one to play... Except for CPUs... <!--break-->

Today's the day I start learning to get better with Meta Knight. Unfortunatly, Nintendo Wi-Fi is still being stubborn with my Wireless connection. I only have one friend who likes SSB and I haven't heard from him in a long time (And his Brawl disk is scratched). And there's no tournaments in my area...

So what am I to do to get better? Kidnap FoxBlaze71 and SunnySunny and hold them hostage until they teach me how to play competitivly? Not a chance...

That leaves... CPUs... WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE CPUS!?!
S**** CPUs.
Wifi:
First, get this:
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference
you need it for decent wifi. Don't upload stuff while you're playing wifi. Midwest, Southwest and West Coast areas should have good or okay connections.
Next find wifi chats. Vinyl mentioned one. http://allisbrawl.com/ freeplay chat is a good match finder, http://brawlfriendcodes.com/ has a chat/wifi hub. Most characters have their own Xat chat so ask the character boards about that.
Most forums have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline: IDK your age. Schools, collages, sometimes churches/places of worship, anywhere there's lots of teens and young adults probably has at least a few brawl players. And so on...

Try to upload some games, even friendlies and good wifi onto youtube for critiques. Hacks help get around the 3 min replay limit, so do certain recording devices:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=58030
(that's old but works greak for XP. Ask around for newer versions). If you are stuck with 3 minutes ask if people will play 2 or 1 stock games so you can save them.
Use tourney rules and stages for replays you want critiqued. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033 (may vary a little).

Knowing each character's MUs, frame data http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258564 hitbubbles/hurtboxes really helps.

If you have questions etc feel free to leave me a visitor message or PM.
Good luck.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Offline: IDK your age. Schools, collages, sometimes churches/places of worship, anywhere there's lots of teens and young adults probably has at least a few brawl players. And so on...
Many people play Smash, but most do not understand the game at a high level and will not help him improve.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Y'know, Sol, if playing people in person is such a hassle, you can always give up Brawl on a [high] competitive level and simply wait for Smash 4. Hopefully, the wi-fi for that game will be far better than Brawl's to the point where measuring one's tournament potential over wi-fi will actually have merit. Just remember not to have your life revolve around Smash Bros in general, let alone Brawl.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, Sol, if playing people in person is such a hassle, you can always give up Brawl on a [high] competitive level and simply wait for Smash 4. Hopefully, the wi-fi for that game will be far better than Brawl's to the point where measuring one's tournament potential over wi-fi will actually have merit. Just remember not to have your life revolve around Smash Bros in general, let alone Brawl.
My face is stuck on :bee:

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Very, very sorry for Double Post

OP, give up video games and do something productive with your life. Be a butcher or something.
Or a mall security guard. Ya know, earn people's respect.
You IDIOTS! YOU CLEARLY DO NOT REALISE I'M STILL JUST 13! I AM STILL JUST A NEWBIE TO THIS! WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK-HEADED SKULLS!?!

*Facepalm* I am not going to invite complete strangers to my house or visit their's. That's Strike Two, FoxBlaze. If I see one more post of God-Awful Trolling, Distorted Inplication, or Sadist Personallity out of you, I will take matters into my own hands and block you myself.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, you're 13? Well, that actually explains a lot.

FoxBlaze gave you some legit advice. So, you're going to block him? Get over yourself.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you're 13? Well, that actually explains a lot.

FoxBlaze gave you some legit advice. So, you're going to block him? Get over yourself.
No. I am blocking him if I see another post from him that is clearly trolling me. Here's the deal: I do not give out personal infomation online. Even if it is still too hard to find me if I simply say what city I'm in, I do not want to waste 5 hours of my life playing an outdated game (SSBB and SSBM) and get no skill from it when in a group of people twice my age.

Get. That. Through. Your. Heads. PLEASE!

As for Wi-Fi, as Sol Diviner said, has no merit to it WHATSOEVER.

As FoxBlaze said, CPUs have no merit to them WHATSOEVER.

That means only one thing: Wait for SSB4, OR DON'T PLAY SMASH COMPETITIVLY AT ALL! :mad:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't play Brawl. Change hobbies or play a fun game.

BAM. Problem solved.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Very, very sorry for Double Post

You IDIOTS! YOU CLEARLY DO NOT REALISE I'M STILL JUST 13! I AM STILL JUST A NEWBIE TO THIS! WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK-HEADED SKULLS!?!

*Facepalm* I am not going to invite complete strangers to my house or visit their's. That's Strike Two, FoxBlaze. If I see one more post of God-Awful Trolling, Distorted Inplication, or Sadist Personallity out of you, I will take matters into my own hands and block you myself.
In case you haven't noticed, it's not like most people in the Smash community have any misdemeanor or felony convictions. Smash players aren't malevolent people. I've given you all of the solutions. Get a better router/internet connection, play people in real life, or just STFU.

No. I am blocking him if I see another post from him that is clearly trolling me. Here's the deal: I do not give out personal infomation online. Even if it is still too hard to find me if I simply say what city I'm in, I do not want to waste 5 hours of my life playing an outdated game (SSBB and SSBM) and get no skill from it when in a group of people twice my age.

Get. That. Through. Your. Heads. PLEASE!

As for Wi-Fi, as Sol Diviner said, has no merit to it WHATSOEVER.

As FoxBlaze said, CPUs have no merit to them WHATSOEVER.

That means only one thing: Wait for SSB4, OR DON'T PLAY SMASH COMPETITIVLY AT ALL! :mad:
You can learn a lot playing Wifi. Despite input delay/lag/other crap you can still perfect many aspects of the game.

If you don't want to listen to any of the more experienced players around you offering vaild ways to become better at Smash, I've said it before,

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I still don't understand why Sol9000 even still posts on swf.

He doesn't play competitive smash, he doesn't understand the game, he doesn't like the people here, he has no drive to improve whatsoever, and his stupid face is as dumb as a butt.

He's just a troll, and he doesn't get infracted because he plays ignorant.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think what's Sol's problem is that he thinks he is unique in his troubles and that no one understands his problems. Therefore, whenever some one tries to help or talk to him, be backlashes with a "you just don't get it" when in fact they do.

I don't play Smash competitively, I haven't played in little under a year, literally no one I know likes or plays Smash, and I have horrible online (I use a LAN cable).

But that doesn't stop my love for the game, the love of the franchise, or posting/getting along/being involved in the Smashboards.

I imagine if he changed a feel things on how he posts and get's along with Smashboard members, it would be ok but, at this point, I am pretty sure people are tired of him and vice versa.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wonder if this thread was the "last straw"?
I don't know if it's because Sol9000 is 13 years-old and hasn't matured completely, or if he's just uber offended for no real reason.

I pretty much have the same issue he does when it comes to finding people offline, and I don't like the wi-fi lag. So what do I do? Well, I still play when I can, and not stew about it. Hell, I told myself I'd just wait until Smash 4, and hopefully, the wi-fi for that game will be good enough to warrant competitive play online. If not, oh well. He needs to learn to just love the game for what it is, and not have to worry too damn much about competitive play, especially if trying to attend tourneys becomes an issue. Plus, he's still very young, so he shouldn't be in a hurry to become competitive anyway.

The poor thing. The reason he's "trolled" too often is because he takes criticism way too harshly, and also takes genuine advice and translate those into harsh criticism as well. So much for him, I guess.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Even if you are 13, you can still do things to become great. Everyone is giving you advise on what you to do, but you turn it down constantly so there isn't much to do to help you. You keep looking at what you can't do, but if you want to improve you have to look at what you can do. You can play Cpu's right? Here: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=136579

Those are plenty of ways to practice with a computer. You seem fairly inexperienced (correct me if I'm wrong) so you can use those to improve greatly. If you still don't want to do those, ask yourself "Do I really want it?" Be truthful when asking yourself. If you say you want to be great, like on Vinnie's or M2K's level, but aren't willing to put in hours to practicing, won't go travel to tournaments or other offline events, or even give up some comfort by playing with strangers to improve then maybe you don't want it as much as you think. You only get what you put it, so if you aren't doing anything then don't be mad when your not really improving. Just accept the fact that you don't want to be good (if it is true) and you can enjoy smash way more than you do now. Otherwise, please stop complaining and go get better. I'll talk to you anytime you want through PMs because I want to help you, just be willing to hear things you may not want to hear.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Sol9000 how did your friend intentionally scratch his own disks.
No. He just doesn't put the game into the case... Oh Well...

In case you haven't noticed, it's not like most people in the Smash community have any misdemeanor or felony convictions. Smash players aren't malevolent people.
Morons do not need an account to read where I live and hunt me down to kill me...

As for the rest, your doing quite fine at the moment...

Don't play Brawl. Change hobbies or play a fun game.

BAM. Problem solved.
:bee: *Runs off to play Portal 2*

I think what's Sol's problem is that he thinks he is unique in his troubles and that no one understands his problems. Therefore, whenever some one tries to help or talk to him, be backlashes with a "you just don't get it" when in fact they do. You may understand my trouble's with this game. Not so much with my problem's with other things...

I don't play Smash competitively, I haven't played in little under a year, literally no one I know likes or plays Smash, and I have horrible online (I use a LAN cable). This.

But that doesn't stop my love for the game, the love of the franchise, or posting/getting along/being involved in the Smashboards. This.

I imagine if he changed a feel things on how he posts and get's along with Smashboard members, it would be ok but, at this point, I am pretty sure people are tired of him and vice versa. And they are.
I don't know if it's because Sol9000 is 13 years-old and hasn't matured completely, or if he's just uber offended for no real reason. Both.

I pretty much have the same issue he does when it comes to finding people offline, and I don't like the wi-fi lag. So what do I do? Well, I still play when I can, and not stew about it. Hell, I told myself I'd just wait until Smash 4, and hopefully, the wi-fi for that game will be good enough to warrant competitive play online. If not, oh well. He needs to learn to just love the game for what it is, and not have to worry too damn much about competitive play, especially if trying to attend tourneys becomes an issue. Plus, he's still very young, so he shouldn't be in a hurry to become competitive anyway.

The poor thing. The reason he's "trolled" too often is because he takes criticism way too harshly, and also takes genuine advice and translate those into harsh criticism as well. It would help if the advice I got had no emotion, but seeing that FoxBlaze is too **** happy with his trolling, that will never happen. So much for him, I guess.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Morons do not need an account to read where I live and hunt me down to kill me...
You can't seriously say with a straight face that someone is going to go out of their way to hunt you down and kill you. It's no secret that I live in Springfield, Massachusetts, seeing as it's on my profile. Do I think someone's going to stalk me because of that? Of course not. That's just paranoid thinking.

allshort17

Smash Ace
You may understand my trouble's with this game. Not so much with my problem's with other things...
We don't know you situation because you refuse to tell us anything personal that could help since you don't want strangers to find you. You either have to relinquish you fear and open up so we can give you proper help or you should find someone offline and intelligent that you can trust to help you, otherwise we'll appear as though we are "trolling" when in reality we are trying to help you with the limited information we have.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
We don't know you situation because you refuse to tell us anything personal that could help since you don't want strangers to find you. You either have to relinquish you fear and open up so we can give you proper help or you should find someone offline and intelligent that you can trust to help you, otherwise we'll appear as though we are "trolling" when in reality we are trying to help you with the limited information we have.
Sorry if I thought u were trolling

You can't seriously say with a straight face that someone is going to go out of their way to hunt you down and kill you.

Nope, couldn't keep a straight face

Jrugs

Smash Ace
You can't seriously say with a straight face that someone is going to go out of their way to hunt you down and kill you. It's no secret that I live in Springfield, Massachusetts, seeing as it's on my profile. Do I think someone's going to stalk me because of that? Of course not. That's just paranoid thinking.
Im on my way right now. :troll:

Top Bottom