• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those who think the fusion doesn't help the ICs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't think the grab death is the best argument, since ICs can already do that.
I believe the lagless blizzard is its main appeal as it is a setup into grab pretty much, and a rather easy one at that. If Metaknight messes up his downair camp you can run at him catch him with blizzard and grab him during. That's where I see it helping them out most.
Still, I'd rather it help their bad matchups like Snake, too bad it doesn't.

Jupz

Smash Master
Umm serin thats already known... and the IC's can 0-death anyway.

Crashic I think it can only be done on Falco and Pika so far (besides grabs)

J4pu

Smash Champion
lol, you really think people can't break out of a grab in the time it takes to jump that high?
CG > Usmash kill % is a much more reliable kill method and has nothing to do with the fusion.

swordgard

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taVleWrKAlE&feature=player_embedded

Gtfo and learn.

Although I wouldn't recommend yourself trying to fuse constantly, if it happens, try this at all costs.

In Video:
Grab > Fthrow > Regrab > Jump > Footstool > Jump > Footstool > Uthrow

<_< Discuss maybe?

I dont know what to say except that this is the worst argument ive seen to support fusion lately.

We can already cg 0 to death, and without such slow cging.

Fusion cg sucks, and here is why:
You are forced to use dthrow back throw, which is slower and removes any visual cue. Back throw to dthrow is arguably one of the worst cg in this one because
A) You have to run for the grab on dthrow often in this mode(i doubt walking is enough)
B) Your backthrow has to be done running on most characters again, which is also super bad.
C) You have to hold shield in between.
More run=more chance to miss.
Also being forced to only 1 viable cg which has this many problems, and variable timing on every char really isnt good.

That other 0 to death kinda sucks tbh since there is so much time to mash out, its the worst one out there. Fusion has more weaknesses than normal ics since if the opponent has something that goes directly through blizz your kinda useless. It also ****s up with PS-ing which means nana often gets unnecessary damage, and if the opponent grabs you she goes into a useless state. If they do throw you, then shes already at high percent.
Not only that, but you can setup similar ways to blizz without fusion. Finally, to use fusion, you often have to predict an attack and fuse off it, which takes your concentration off from the match and makes it so that you will be way easier to read. If you do miss fusion, you often put yourself in a bad situation(in MKs nado for example) or take unecessary damage and time which could be spent better in the game. Even if you do succeed, they can make fusion useless or break it in 1 grab/by throwing you offstage.

Not worth it in singles, sometimes worth it in doubles due to the protection it offers to nana.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay, we already know they can 0-death. But say for instance you accidently, fuse, you can attempt this and still get a kill off without trying to find a way to un-fuse yourself.

No, it's not the best idea in the world, but it's **** sure worth a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom