• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the love of God, PLEASE use Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
I main Wario b/c hes as bad ***
I second snake b/c I can win easier than using Wario
I Third ROB because he is the only character that destroys both Snake & Wario, therefore, if Im the better Brawler vs. another ROB i will win, If not, then I will lose :)
I also play Cpt. Falcon b/c hes a bad ***, but only in friendlies ^_^

Got a problem?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I agree, people should main who they like playing as the most. In my opinion, if you like the character you will get better as them easier than if you don't.

Like I love characters that have a really cool looking off stage move that is an almost guaranteed instant kill. I also just pick characters that I like from their games. The only really good character I like is D3, but some of the people who play as him really bug me, plus I hate chain grabbing and infiniting people. It's no fun if they can't fight back.
QFT. I have loved Dedede forever. I'm glad that I'm one of the few who picks him at our tournaments. I also hate chaingrabbing and infiniting people, but I kinda do it because you might need to sometimes :p

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
While it's technically better to choose the best characters possible, keep in mind that the characters are tools for the players, and some players work better with certain tools.

I main Lucario because he just...clicks for me. I feel that his playing style and abilities are easier for me to take advantage of due to my gaming mindset. In every fighting game I play, I always like to play very defense-based trapping/walling/ranged characters with many countering and poking options. Snake and Metaknight just don't feel right for me. I personally have an easier time winning if I choose Lucario, Lucas, or Wolf.

Tiers are one thing, but personal preference is a factor, providing you have a good enough reason for using that character.

'Captain Falcon is cool' is not a good reason to use him, since if his playing style agrees with you, then you could be using Marth/Fox/Falco etc. since many characters do what Falcon does, but better.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
While it's technically better to choose the best characters possible, keep in mind that the characters are tools for the players, and some players work better with certain tools.

I main Lucario because he just...clicks for me. I feel that his playing style and abilities are easier for me to take advantage of due to my gaming mindset. In every fighting game I play, I always like to play very defense-based trapping/walling/ranged characters with many countering and poking options. Snake and Metaknight just don't feel right for me. I personally have an easier time winning if I choose Lucario, Lucas, or Wolf.

Tiers are one thing, but personal preference is a factor, providing you have a good enough reason for using that character.

'Captain Falcon is cool' is not a good reason to use him, since if his playing style agrees with you, then you could be using Marth/Fox/Falco etc. since many characters do what Falcon does, but better.
So... if you play Street Fighter... you play Guile or Charlie... right?

Personally, I like Sonic and Luigi's playstyle. Marth's okay as well. MK is cool, but I don't think I take advantage of his "broken-ness."

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
GUYS, JAM STUNNA IS RIGHT. look at it this way. we're proz. we play 2 win. so why would we play as crappy characters that have a higher chance of losing instead of a chracter like snake or mk that can win with less skill than other characters???? if u dont use snake or mk ur a scrub. it just proves u dont play 2 win.

ps - dont try to say this game is suPOSED 2 be fun. its not. if u look up "game" in webster's abridged dictionary 1992 it comes up with the following defintion:

n., adj., gam - er, gam - est, verb game, gam-ing.
1. SOMETHING U PLAY 2 WINNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adj
1. something w/ the state of being played 2 win
2. not fun
3. at all

verb
1. PLAYIN 2 WIN

as u can see, games are not supposed to be fun. i was playing monoplee with my little sister and when she wasn't looking I took all the $500s and she got mad and I told her she wasn't playing to win and she asked why I cheated and I told her to shut up and stop being a scrub and it's an advanced technique

also just to make sure I really won I prunt out a picture of snake and mk and use them as game pieces (along with the top hat, hes the best) because theyre top tier

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
as u can see, games are not supposed to be fun. i was playing monoplee with my little sister and when she wasn't looking I took all the $500s and she got mad and I told her she wasn't playing to win and she asked why I cheated and I told her to shut up and stop being a scrub and it's an advanced technique
sig 10char

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Radiation said:

also just to make sure I really won I prunt out a picture of snake and mk and use them as game pieces (along with the top hat, hes the best) because theyre top tier
your pro, but you forgot the race car.

Captain Awesome

Smash Rookie
...but it doesn't matter, because there's nothing wrong with the bandwagon to begin with
Bingo, we have a winner!

I use Ike and Gannondorf in friendlies (with Rob and DK sometimes as well). I you can see, I've always been a power-type of player in fighting games. People who may be slow but hit like ****ing trucks when they connect. I get joy in connecting those moves and finding unique ways to land them.

But when I got to bi-weekly tournaments and others hosted in my area when there is a substantial prize on the line, I play Snake. Why should I be judged on using a character that has proven to be an effective tournament player.

And people are forgetting that these top tier characters/tier list in General apply to 1v1's anyway, something Smash Bros wasn't really designed for. Suddenly when you start factoring 2v2's and FFA (some tourneys host 2v2's and FFA tournaments as well!) the tier list changes, some characters do a lot better in crowded environments while others stop being so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom