• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
All this Robin x Lucina I just scrolled through the thread and saw makes me wanna make my pocket Robin better.

But hey my drawing skills are better I mean I can actually somewhat draw people now so I can draw my mains. I still need work but I'm getting there.
image.jpg

D

Deleted member

Depends on your definition of expensive; if my calculations are correct, I'll be paying $59 for one of those figures (that $59 also includes shipping costs).
That's not too bad then. I just hope it doesn't sell out quick like the amiibos.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
60 quid for a high-quality figure plus P+P?!

Daaaamn.

If the Pit / Dark Pit Figma cost that much, I'd serve my money at the screen so fast it'd leave burn marks.

Probably help if I had money, of course.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
All this Robin x Lucina I just scrolled through the thread and saw makes me wanna make my pocket Robin better.

But hey my drawing skills are better I mean I can actually somewhat draw people now so I can draw my mains. I still need work but I'm getting there.
That's really good. I'm not sure why here eyes are closed, but otherwise the only other thing that is missing is Robin with her :)

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
That's really good. I'm not sure why here eyes are closed, but otherwise the only other thing that is missing is Robin with her :)
Thank you. I'm not too good with drawing eyes so I tried having her eyes closed in a cheerful look instead. Yeah I'm gonna try drawing Robin soon probably

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wait what? Lucina mains exist?
You'd be surprised. She has representation at tournaments but rarely those with good placings. Got any questions? Need advice? Ask away and we'll try and help.

Edit: also @ Locuan Locuan I've talked with @Macchiato and is fine with letting me take over the Luci tourney results thread. Unless you had other plans/Macchi changes mind

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Woohoo, my Robin amiibo finally came in the mail. Now my Lucina Amiibo won't be lonely.

And thus I now have the only two amiibos that matter.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
You'd be surprised. She has representation at tournaments but rarely those with good placings. Got any questions? Need advice? Ask away and we'll try and help.

Edit: also @ Locuan Locuan I've talked with @Macchiato and is fine with letting me take over the Luci tourney results thread. Unless you had other plans/Macchi changes mind
On it.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Oh goodness, a good Pikachu player is a nightmare when playing as Lucina.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm starting to try and get out of state more myself and maybe give regionals a shot. My local results are getting a bit better and that makes me incredibly ecstatic.

Thanks Locuan! I've got a lot of work to do on it though to get it to the stage that I've got planned out. Also managed to tackle being in charge of PR updating, state FB group and all that jazz.....so the rest of the year will be pretty....smashing

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Good job on picking up on his habits. It makes the job of trying to change the momentum around a lot harder for an opponent that is read.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
What? There have been lots of talks here and Smashboards didn't alert me about any of that? Why do you do this to me, Smashboards?
Anyway.... I came here because I thought this thread was pretty much dead again and decided to give this treat to who haven't seen it in Miiverse already.
And don't forget to vote Lyn for Sm4sh today.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not dead but a bit slow. Will work on trying to push activity a bit by being a lot more responsive. Also I think watch thread notifications are a bit unresponsive if you don't at least click the redirect at least once every few days.

As for the MiiVerse post it looks great!

T

Trick or Treat

I hate how on some days I do well with Lucina (one of my 4 mains) and some days I do horribly with her.

Not much of a "main"...the same thing happens with Peach.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I hate how on some days I do well with Lucina (one of my 4 mains) and some days I do horribly with her.

That's the story of my Meta Knight :c
:196:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

It took a while for me to have more good days than bad days with Lucina, but I think it'd be really fruitful to stick with like 1 or 2 and practice them for a while to help with this issue.

T

Trick or Treat

That's the story of my Meta Knight :c
I don't know how people can even play Meta Knight. He seems so tricky to use to begin with. At least for me.

It took a while for me to have more good days than bad days with Lucina, but I think it'd be really fruitful to stick with like 1 or 2 and practice them for a while to help with this issue.
I have about 7 characters that I can use, but to be honest almost all of them have become benchwarmers as I have been playing almost entirely as Jigglypuff lately. So now I have more bad days than good days with Lucina.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I have about 7 characters that I can use, but to be honest almost all of them have become benchwarmers as I have been playing almost entirely as Jigglypuff lately. So now I have more bad days than good days with Lucina.
Understandable, the game becomes a whole lot deeper when you've found a dedication to a character, but out of curiosity what brought you to puff? Aerial gameplay? Adoration for the character? Dem Rests?

T

Trick or Treat

Understandable, the game becomes a whole lot deeper when you've found a dedication to a character, but out of curiosity what brought you to puff? Aerial gameplay? Adoration for the character? Dem Rests?
Mm, all of the above, I'd say?

She fits my style perfectly. I like jumping around and being very mobile, so her floatyness and aerial gameplay is perfect for me. Rests are also a nice plus.

I always liked her as a character though. She was always one of my secondary/thirdary characters, with Peach and Lucina being my main two in Smash 4 for a while. I have really lost my touch with both of them but especially Lucina, sadly

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Sakurai when will you give this princess her own identity.

Oh well, not like I could switch to Marth anyways, something just feels different when I try and use him.

Off topic but I find the Rob match-up more annoying then Sheik.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I know what we need, more Lucina art

This is beautiful. Lucina is beautiful.

Reminds me of this:

Probably been posted at some point before but my god she is gorgeous. I mean yeah just pixels but still.

Gorgeous pixels.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina is not just pixels. She is represented through pixels - through games or images. The character itself, however, is an idea. A concept shared by everyone who visits this thread.

And ideas can be very beautiful.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't know how people can even play Meta Knight. He seems so tricky to use to begin with. At least for me.
He's easy to understand but not easy to use.
You need a good neutral game, conditioning, baiting, and reaction time to start and extend your combos.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do customs significantly improve this character? I feel like they do.
Dashing Assault is everything I could ever want it to be. Iai Counter and Crescent Slash are surprisingly lethal as well.

Top Bottom