• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Would have really liked Lucy as a semi-clone. Chrom being deconfirmed wouldn't have been so bad then. (She could have been a better rep to go with Robin)

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Would have really liked Lucy as a semi-clone. Chrom being deconfirmed wouldn't have been so bad then. (She could have been a better rep to go with Robin)
Yeah, I would have preferred a semi clone. At least they should has messed with her statistics more and altered a few of her attacks a bit.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wouldn't have minded Lucina as a clone at all if she had different properties...
Speaking of which, I wish that you could set variations of the same move on different slots with customs.
I'd love having Dashing Assault and Shield Breaker on the same moveset.

Coupled with equipment to make her faster = Lucina exactly as I wanted her to be.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Semi clone would have been better. Like little things they could have changed
*No tipper mechanic (already has it)
*Wall Jump
*Slightly quicker
*slightly better recovery
*Change up her throws(like knock back wise)
*Different customs

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I also kinda wish she was a semi-clone.
The first thing that comes to mind is: Does it bother anyone else, even a little, that Lucina can't obtain counter in FEA but has it in SSB4?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Today at a local, I did a $1 money match with two :4jigglypuff: players using Lucy w/customs on (using Crescent Slash and Iai Counter). Sadly, I failed both times, losing a dollar against one guy and then having to switch to Mega Man in the other. I have either been away from playing Lucina longer than I thought, or I just never knew said matchup very well. All I remember is that I kept getting killed by Rest or SD at failed attempts to recover with CS. Also, whenever I attempt to to do the CS kill combo, sometimes my opponents can still airdodge it or they are seemingly out of range for me to hit them (or maybe they weren't, and I was just too slow). I thought it was a true combo on most characters....

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Today at a local, I did a $1 money match with two :4jigglypuff: players using Lucy w/customs on (using Crescent Slash and Iai Counter). Sadly, I failed both times, losing a dollar against one guy and then having to switch to Mega Man in the other. I have either been away from playing Lucina longer than I thought, or I just never knew said matchup very well. All I remember is that I kept getting killed by Rest or SD at failed attempts to recover with CS. Also, whenever I attempt to to do the CS kill combo, sometimes my opponents can still airdodge it or they are seemingly out of range for me to hit them (or maybe they weren't, and I was just too slow). I thought it was a true combo on most characters....
Jigglypuff just sounds like an awful, awful matchup. Sure you can outspace her, but how the hell is Lucina supposed to finish off Jiggs without a YOLO smash attack? lol

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The first thing that comes to mind is: Does it bother anyone else, even a little, that Lucina can't obtain counter in FEA but has it in SSB4?
She's Chrom and :4robinm:'s mpreg child

Last edited:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Nah, Lucina is just so incredibly amazing that she learned a skill that normally would be impossible for her to learn. Just like how Robin can wield Nosferatu. The two are on a level of learning far beyond our ability to understand.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
How do you all handle Yoshi with Lucy? For me, it's one of her worst matchups.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How do you all handle Yoshi with Lucy? For me, it's one of her worst matchups.
The same like Marth just space wait and punish. I need to grind out that MU more actually cause I don't see alot of Yoshi's.

BrendanLee

Smash Rookie
NNID
2toned_hair
Oops wrong thread XD. I ment to say is Storm Thrust custom supposed to be Galeforce from FE?

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Walking. I know it sounds simple, but in the midst of a match it is difficult if you are not used to it. Marth and Lucina both benefit highly from this. Also, welcome to Smashboards!

Last edited:

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Oops wrong thread XD. I ment to say is Storm Thrust custom supposed to be Galeforce from FE?
Probably not, since galeforce is supposed to give you movement after you defeat an enemy.
It's most likely just Sakurai thinking adding a wind box makes a good custom move like everything else.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I've been good. I did commentary for EZ$$$ with both TLOC | Nebtune and TLOC | jv which was fun! I got 4th on the doubles tournament that day too I think. Both Marth/Lucina usage on my end. Also, getting stuff done at work instead of being stuck on the problem is always good. That or I guess finally understanding what's going on in a problem I've been having for a while ja. Also listening to Harmony of Heroes music.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've been good. I did commentary for EZ$$$ with both TLOC | Nebtune and TLOC | jv which was fun! I got 4th on the doubles tournament that day too I think. Both Marth/Lucina usage on my end. Also, getting stuff done at work instead of being stuck on the problem is always good. That or I guess finally understanding what's going on in a problem I've been having for a while ja. Also listening to Harmony of Heroes music.

Nice

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
I've been busy with various work related things in my life atm, so I don't have much time to play Smash for a while. My Computer recently kicked the bucket as well, so I don't get many opportunities to post here either.

I've been paying attention to that new FE game though. Phoenix mode seems a bit strange, but at least it's optional. I'm in-between on the no weapon durability thing though. But hey, at least it will let them have room to make weapons more unique without having to worry about players hoarding them. Perhaps it will give forging a better use as well, since I rarely forged in FEA because of the durability limit.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've been busy with various work related things in my life atm, so I don't have much time to play Smash for a while. My Computer recently kicked the bucket as well, so I don't get many opportunities to post here either.

I've been paying attention to that new FE game though. Phoenix mode seems a bit strange, but at leas tit's optional. I'm inbetween on the no weapon durability thing though. But hey, at least it will let them have room to make weapons more unique without having to worry about players hoarding them. Perhaps it will give forging a better use as well, since I rarely forged in FEA becausde of the durability limit.
Pheonix mode?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
No word on it yet, but considering units can still pair up, we'll probably have supports again.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hm, the game is starting to sound interesting. I did not like the idea of making decisions between lineages first. Regardless, it's shaping up to be good then. Looking forward to it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Supports are a given. S-supports and marriage on the other hand, I wouldn't be too surprised if they drop those. Children units are almost certainly gone, as there aren't really any more ways to implement them that haven't been done before.

The idea with infinite weapon usages is so they can have more variety in the effects each weapon has, so the strategy becomes ensuring you have the right weapon for the situation, rather than planning to ensure it doesn't break and leave you defenceless.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
This beginner had some pretty satisfying matches with some equally skilled players. Satisfied enough to save replays.

Don't know how many of you care about a nobody telling the Lucina club about this, but I'll upload some matches soon.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
It's a new mode they're adding to FE:IF. Any unit that dies in a turn is brought back the next. It's an optional mode for users who are interested in the story, but put off by the difficulty (Nohr route is said to be pretty difficult)

http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/13/fire-emblem-famitsu-14th-may-details/
Well it does sound like they are really focusing on the story aspect, but I really hate the idea of phoenix mode, whereas I liked casual mode because it made sense, and it at least gave some small purpose to their mission for casuals. Unfortunately, it's also kind of hard to tell the difference between IF being a game or a visual novel. Although, phoenix mode itself is not what bothers me, but its implications. I highly doubt Nohr is going to be unbeatable or brutally 'hard.' I am more concerned that it will be a fake difficulty where beating it depends solely on luck like Lunatic +, and that was a real pain to finish.

Also going to miss the durability on weapons, because even though it did have its draw backs, it made you more aware of what you were doing. Now, it is just picking which of the 2-4 weapons in my items slot will be the most helpful. I am also going to really miss the world map. Sacred Stones and Awakening made it seem a little more real, or at least, like we had a choice.

So, here is hoping for the best and that my worries are misplaced. It just seems like when games developers focus on adding casual players, it rarely helps veterans.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So I was doing some calcs, thought I'd share this:

Lucina fsmash has comparable KB to Zelda's Reappearing Farore's Wind from about 50% on middleweights. It starts to outscale Farore's Wind at about 95%.

Cool move, I guess.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well it does sound like they are really focusing on the story aspect, but I really hate the idea of phoenix mode, whereas I liked casual mode because it made sense, and it at least gave some small purpose to their mission for casuals. Unfortunately, it's also kind of hard to tell the difference between IF being a game or a visual novel. Although, phoenix mode itself is not what bothers me, but its implications. I highly doubt Nohr is going to be unbeatable or brutally 'hard.' I am more concerned that it will be a fake difficulty where beating it depends solely on luck like Lunatic +, and that was a real pain to finish.

Also going to miss the durability on weapons, because even though it did have its draw backs, it made you more aware of what you were doing. Now, it is just picking which of the 2-4 weapons in my items slot will be the most helpful. I am also going to really miss the world map. Sacred Stones and Awakening made it seem a little more real, or at least, like we had a choice.

So, here is hoping for the best and that my worries are misplaced. It just seems like when games developers focus on adding casual players, it rarely helps veterans.
I agree with this. Still gonna use it anyways

Top Bottom