• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For God's Sake.

Shoryuken GW

Smash Rookie
I've been getting beat a lot by my friend. He uses Snake and I can't get past his forward tilts. The hitboxes are too big to shield grab or smash and I really can't find a solution with Diddy.

Is Diddy a bad choice for fighting Snake?

If so, is ROB or Falco a good choice? They are secondaries.

If not, then who DO I use?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Addmittingly, Snake is a little over powered. But I find that if you take advantage of his lag, he is breakable. Air dodging is also a great approach since Snake tends to be ground-based.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You HAVE to play it safe and always go in with the nanerz (or at least a large majority of the time.) If you don't, you're going to lose. Always go for the spike when he uses up b unless he is too high. He's actually OK once you learn how to fight him with diddy, and meta isn't so bad either. Monkey advantages!

Shoryuken GW

Smash Rookie
I usually get the bananas against me at some points and then the slipping doesn't help getting hit. I've been glide tossing and that seems to do the trick for the most part but I still have trouble.

Also, what's this "Banana Spike"?

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Ironically, your secondaries are two of Snake's enemies. Falco's can chaingrab Snake easily and his lasers really mess up his dash and trap setups. And both characters can spike his recovery.

Diddy has a hard time against Snake. Relatively he can dodge the traps better than most characters, but his lack of reach hurts his approach when Snake has those safe tilts. HAVE to abuse the bananas here.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
If so, is ROB or Falco a good choice? They are secondaries.

I can't speak for anything on the Diddy vs Snake matchup, but the ROB vs Snake matchup should be significantly easier for ROB. Since you can laser his nades you force him to approach as he can't nade-camp you, and once he's off the stage ROB's recovery lets you chase him regardless of how high he chooses to recover (only a few characters, including pika and MK if you can play them, can do this, which makes it extremely annoying for a snake to recover). A well placed gyro can stop his mortar slide (well, good positioning in general does that, too). Your aerials will own anything he has in the air.

But the most important thing, regardless of which character you choose, to fighting snake is knowing the range on his tilts. If he's walking towards you, get the hell out of the way. He's going to ftilt/utilt you, and you're going to die. Go into training and get used to how far his utilt/ftilt reaches in front of him, and stay outside that area unless you're trying to bait him.

Grab his cypher if he chooses to recover close to the edge, and he loses. Grab his body if he chooses to recover close to the edge, but don't hit him, and he has to c4 jump his way back. Since Snake is so focused on his ground game (with the occasional autocancelled aerial), you need to focus on nana's. Snake's strengths are in his insanely powerful tilts and his ability to control the stage. Diddy's strengths are in his ability to combo and create opportunities with nana's.

tl:dr version - Learn the range on Snake's tilts, and don't be in there.

IDK

Smash Lord
snake is (not sure EXACTLY where) but high up on the tier list. so are falco and rob. diddy is mid. IMO diddy has a pretty even chance against everyone. Therefore: mid. Falco and rob are both high up there with snake. Therefore: better chances. If you're good with them, that is. They both have the range attacks if needed, ROB's air game is amazing, and falco... well he's falco. laser lock, chain grab, amazing fsmash, easy-to-use spike, no lag laser and SHDL. although it is true rob and falco have the advantage over diddy, there are ways to not let him do what he is doing to you. you could reverse glide toss to avoid being punished, or take advantage of the fact that he's slow. get up in his face and don't even give him the time to tilt. snake's don't usually beat me anymore. i don't know what it is. they beat my marth and lucas, but not my diddy.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol diddy does well vs snake

and so do rob and falco!

with diddy u shold control the whole match with nanners and sneak hits in every once in a while. ull have to wait till like freaking 180% to kill snake tho =p

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
definitely use falco. snake is easy to chaingrab, falco can use his reflector on two of his attacks, and Snake: large character: easy to spike

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
Ya stay away from his tilts the hitboxes are rediculous, make sure you approach with bananas. Snake out camps diddy's peanut gun so you have to stay in side his camping range but his tilts will pwn ur face if you are too close. So always approach with bananas, I find that good snakes will either shield or spot dodge->f tilt when you try and glidetoss to them. If you find that your bananas aren't working throw in a side b every now and then, good for mind games.

If you only approach from a midrange the snake will prob start dash attacking you, be prepared to sheild it and then glide toss him after he slides throw you.

Also when snake recovers you can easily gimp him if he does not recover high. Be ready to glide toss->fsmash every time he lands.

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
Consider switching to r.o.b. because he is snake's worst enemy. Make sure to always spike the recovory too. If you cant beat him as r.o.b., then odds are he is simply a better player.:ohwell:

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Also, what's this "Banana Spike"?
If you drop a banana on someone, it will keep hitting them all the way down, with no escape sans the airdodge.

And for most opponents, an airdodge would lead to death. This is good for people with tether recoveries who like to hang on the edge.

Top Bottom