• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory: Most annoying character?

_gold_

Smash Master
When playing online, 1v1, which character do you just cringe when playing against? My main is ZSS, and I almost feel bad when using my blaster too much. For me, Little Mac or Duck Hunt Dog might take the cake, with Mario *cringe* and his fireballs in a close 2nd. Yours?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
When playing online, 1v1, which character do you just cringe when playing against? My main is ZSS, and I almost feel bad when using my blaster too much. For me, Little Mac or Duck Hunt Dog might take the cake, with Mario *cringe* and his fireballs in a close 2nd. Yours?
Sometimes for me its ZSS, although I dislike the "run away and spam FSmash and Side B" Dark Pit's :( :ohwell:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any character from the Easy Army can dampen online matches. But they're not enough to fully ruin matches.

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
Hands down Yoshi. I want to drop a corner of my bed onto my face when I see him

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
I main Greninja and don't think that he has any annoying matchups. I think each character has their particular awesome moves that do seem a little OP. I tend to think of Little Mac's forward tilt, his jabs, fsmash and dsmash, oh and that counter all come to mind. Bowser is a killing machine, shulks blade is absurdly long. But all of these are all simple advantages that the characters have that you must learn to anticipate and come up with a good strategy to counter them. Once you do this against the entire cast you will feel really comfortable.

To not be a weirdo and actually answer the question I suppose if I absolutely had to choose I would say.... Fox, just because I have not encountered enough Fox mains to gain enough experience to figure out how to best his top strengths. Once I figure that out I will be confident against the entire cast and will just focus on specific players.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I main Greninja and don't think that he has any annoying matchups. I think each character has their particular awesome moves that do seem a little OP. I tend to think of Little Mac's forward tilt, his jabs, fsmash and dsmash, oh and that counter all come to mind. Bowser is a killing machine, shulks blade is absurdly long. But all of these are all simple advantages that the characters have that you must learn to anticipate and come up with a good strategy to counter them. Once you do this against the entire cast you will feel really comfortable.

To not be a weirdo and actually answer the question I suppose if I absolutely had to choose I would say.... Fox, just because I have not encountered enough Fox mains to gain enough experience to figure out how to best his top strengths. Once I figure that out I will be confident against the entire cast and will just focus on specific players.
....what?
You know what? Don't worry >_> -___-

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Giygas said:
Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
There are no characters that are "Annoying", only annoying players, such as ones that constantly use counters and nothing else, just waiting for you to hit them. Makes the game boring.

Darklightjg1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darklightjg
Anybody who can block while charging becomes pretty annoying to me in lag since my character is kind of slow to approach or punish them for it and reflecting a stored shot just becomes a guess at that point.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
:4ness:. His spam is annoying as is, but with the slight delay in FG it becomes impossible to dodge and avoid Fair combo.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
ZSS would be the worst for me, not because its hard, because of how cheap they are

Run away, charge neutral b, if it hits grab or dash attack, if it misses run away, charge neutral b etc. etc.

So boring, it happens all the time and never nets them a victory but totally ups my sodium intake.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
:sonic::4sonic: ROOLIN ARUND ET SPED O SAWND, SANIC SPEDD!!!!!eleven!!!!11!!1!?!! Eh-hem

Seriously. Sonics all do the same thing, Down/Side - B, Up-B, U-Air, D-Air. OR B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4ganondorf:. Just stop.
Dishonorable mentions go to:4falco::4mario::4pikachu:and:4villager:

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
There are no characters that are "Annoying", only annoying players, such as ones that constantly use counters and nothing else, just waiting for you to hit them. Makes the game boring.
Sonic says hi

Whenever I see a Sonic I am tempted to SD right then and there. I absolutely hate him. xD Also had that problem with the Links, but am slowly getting used to annoying THEM back with Villager's pocket.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I hate Lucario. Literally every Lucario I've faced is an absolute try hard. If he uses Double Team, I can't even grab. Wtf.

Anyone who spams to be remotely good also is annoying. **** Yoshi, Ness, Samus, and Link

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I hate Lucario. Literally every Lucario I've faced is an absolute try hard. If he uses Double Team, I can't even grab. Wtf.

Anyone who spams to be remotely good also is annoying. **** Yoshi, Ness, Samus, and Link
Wait can you not grab a Lucario when he double teams? Cuz I can.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Wait can you not grab a Lucario when he double teams? Cuz I can.
He can be grabbed, but the multi-Lucario animation makes it harder to execute dash grabs or normal grabs with perfect accuracy online. Offline it is a bit easier.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Lucario can be grabbed during Double Team just the same as anyone else's counter. Just not during his invincibility frames.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
For me, Duck Hunt. I main Palutena, so every match becomes me spamming Reflect and Auto Reticule and desperately trying to get through his projectile zoning to SH Fair/jab/grab him. Certain matchups with Palutena are really slow and painful, and I think this one is the slowest. It also doesn't help that AR will target the Can/Clay Pigeon/Gunman instead of Duck Hunt.

PKSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaltOnToast
:4link: Everytime I run into one of these in FG They use the same strategy of boomerang arrow grab throw and repeat it gets so annoying I consider raging whenever I see one.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
There's a few that come to mind. So i want to send out a PSA to certain players who main these characters:

ROB: I know you're going to start the match with the laser.
NESS: I know if you hit yourself with your UP+B you become a projectile.
LITTLE MAC: I know you can d-smash people on the ledge.
LUCINA: I'm not sure why all lucina players do this, but i know you're going to counter spam.
BOWSER JR: I know you can attack during your Up+B.

But if we're going for characters i legitimately fear... Olimar and Lucario. It seems the players that play olimar really know what they're doing, because most other players won't pick him as a secondary. Lucario i've only played a few times after 1000 matches, and i have next to no idea how to face him. Also never met a bad lucario player.

Also... Duck hunt... where are you? 1000 matches... not a single duck hunt.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
ROB: I know you're going to start the match with the laser.
Really, now? Against ground-approach characters like Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Sonic, I usually throw down a Gyro to start the match, though I do tend to mix it up between matches.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
No characters specifically. Just players that repeat the same string of moves over and over and nothing else.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Really, now? Against ground-approach characters like Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Sonic, I usually throw down a Gyro to start the match, though I do tend to mix it up between matches.
never once played a rob who didn't start the game with a laser. I know you guys are out there, just haven't seen it yet.

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
When playing online, 1v1, which character do you just cringe when playing against? My main is ZSS, and I almost feel bad when using my blaster too much. For me, Little Mac or Duck Hunt Dog might take the cake, with Mario *cringe* and his fireballs in a close 2nd. Yours?[/quote
Has 2 be link 4 me bc of all of his projectiles it's to slow pace although easy 2 counter by using Aries, but word the fun in camping?!

Sneether

Smash Cadet
Zero Suit Samus makes me want to scream and destroy my house in rage

mayonnnnaise

Smash Rookie
NNID
mayonnnnaise
I play Mega Man mostly so playing against ganondorf feels like wrestling an octupus

_gold_

Smash Master
No characters specifically. Just players that repeat the same string of moves over and over and nothing else.
It really gets under my skin when I play against a Villager, and all they use is their fire hydrant move. It's not even a good move, it's just annoying.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
They don't have a fire hydrant, you're thinking of Pac-Man.

Unless you're thinking of a different move that Villager has?

Last edited:

Stressedllamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
StressedLlamas
3DS FC
0791-2652-8027
for Me its a 3 way tie between :4link:,:4megaman:and:4duckhunt: Unless its a good Link/Megaman player I can deal with it but any DHD player makes me wanna :GCLT::GCRT::GCA::GCStart:

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon is freaking everywhere I go and I encounter ones that do the same crap over and over again. Run, dash attack or dash grab, if you grab down throw and uair, rinse and repeat. Same with Sonic! Spin Charge or Spin Dash, use an aerial attack like his bair or uair, use the Homing Attack, runaway, rinse and repeat. I also hate spammy Links that just love to use his Bow and Boomerang.

If I have to choose the most annoying character, it's a tie between Yoshi and Lucario. Yoshi is freaking powerful with his aerials, smash attacks, and Egg Throw; I'm almost afraid to go near him. With Lucario, I do fine early on, but I mess up at the end thanks to his damn aura mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom