• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory: Most annoying character?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I'm gonna go ahead and say Jigglypuff.

I don't know if it's just me, but the input delay makes mashing out of sing a lot harder than it should be. It turns sing from the most useless move in the world to a nearly guaranteed rest at anything above 60%

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Links or Toon Links that spam neutral-B irritate me personally. Diddy Kong has also started to get into my nerves as well especially since I can't act too quickly out of lag since most of the playerbase is in the US or Japan while I'm far, far away from them.

Latte

Smash Ace
I'm sure I've said this in another thread, but Little Mac for sure; particularly because spot dodging is near impossible to do with the FG lag.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Any grab/combo based characters such as mario or captain falcon, The battles are repetitive. Oh and Ganondorfs why would they get rid of all the cides but not Ganoncide?

*edit I don't dislike ganons just because of ganoncide. They just tend to rely on cheap shots in general and his flame choke turns the match into a boring rock paper scissors tech chase. I just find it annoying

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
:4zelda:
Please do not get me started on these players...
Please start :troll:

The only annoying thing with :4zelda: in For Glory is to see so many bad players. Especially those who try to counter :4zelda: with :4zelda:.

Like... They expect to be able to Farore someone who previously kicked their *** with Farore.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I see a lot of zss's, I have met one zss out of like 500 matches and I two stocked him.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

The only annoying thing with :4zelda: in For Glory is to see so many bad players. Especially those who try to counter :4zelda: with :4zelda:.

Like... They expect to be able to Farore someone who previously kicked their *** with Farore.
Zelda isn't annoying, Zelda players can go to the distortion world. So much roll spam T.T. Even though i always win it is not without me being super salty

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Us Zeldas are just better, it comes with the free wisdom.

This happened to me yesterday.
I two-stocked some awful Falcon and he immediately switched to Zelda. He did even worse, landing exactly one jab on me and tried to FW numerous times to no avail.

YOU CAN'T JUST FW INTO EVERYTHING. Stop using Zelda, you make her look bad(der).

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Tbh, I respect Luigis who can combo me. Although, I jab right back at them with Monado Smash right off the bat. '**** your combos LOL.'

Sonics are not fun to face, and I think most Sonic mains know this. They get stage control, as the worst thing to do is chase after them. A match against a salty Sonic player is annoying. In addition, the B moves are pretty salt inducing.

I don't like projectile spammers too much. I show no patience with them and Monado Jump over their projectiles and with one fell swoop bear down on them with my Nair of pain. Results vary. If they have skill I'll need to be more tactful. The list of characters who can do this goes on and on...

Captain Falcons give me trouble, like what XenoBrawler610 was saying on the previous page. I need to react to approaches, and lag ****s that over.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Us Zeldas are just better, it comes with the free wisdom.

This happened to me yesterday.
I two-stocked some awful Falcon and he immediately switched to Zelda. He did even worse, landing exactly one jab on me and tried to FW numerous times to no avail.

YOU CAN'T JUST FW INTO EVERYTHING. Stop using Zelda, you make her look bad(der).
Another "magic" thing is people jumping to fake an attack by double jumping to try to land a kick that will be heavily punished because of the landing lag. Like... They thought it was ZSS' landing lag.

Also, while playing :4robinf:, I met a Zelda who spammed Din. It's almost depressing.

sabbathareking

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-2926-7496
there's a special place in hell for pac-man, also people who just wait for you to attack and just spam counter all the time #grab

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Ness, Mega Man, Robin, Palutena, Samus, Villager... the list just goes on in this game.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon (all they do is run around the stage like they're on a sugar high, and there's a ton of them)
Mega Man (Annoying projectiles and invincible spin move)
Link (Arrow, boomerang spam)
Villager (Slingshot spam, and rocket thing spam makes them impossible to approach)
Greninja (almost zero lag time out of rolls, which makes it almost impossible to punish roll spam, and most of them spam the disappear attack over and over again, which i'm not quite sure how to punish, because I never know where they are going to end up)
Sonic (the only ones i've played did absolutely nothing except the spin move, over and over and over again.)

Last edited:

Armah

Smash Rookie
NNID
Armah1337
I'm seeing some negative opinions about Sonic, sheesh. This makes me feel like the world's biggest prick.

To me, the most annoying character is ZSS. It's probably because of my bad skill, but I never seem to learn NOT to dash into her grabs.

_gold_

Smash Master
To me, the most annoying character is ZSS. It's probably because of my bad skill, but I never seem to learn NOT to dash into her grabs.
My main is ZSS, and I know I grab to much. It's a dangerous move cause there is a ton of lag if you don't land it. So just keep on practicing and it'll pay off.

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098
I find Sonic to be a bit annoying... Yes, I can take them, but going against them is kinda boring cuz the match takes a lot of time.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
:4pit::4sonic::4robinm::4link:

Like 75% of my fights are against these 4.

Like I always know what is going to happen when I run into them.

Especially Sonic. I have yet to fight one that doesn't immediately taunt at the beginning. I like to assume that all of these players are this kid.

Latte

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon players usually annoy me. Particularly players who spam his taunts.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
There are no annoying characters... just annoying scrubs. JK **** Link and Sonic.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
No hate for Samus? Who, if you aren't playing a character with projectiles, just rolls all over the damn place and spams missiles and charge shots? No?

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy... There are some truly annoying characters. MOST of them I can handle. I've adapted to Rosalina & Luma, Toon Link, Duck Hunt, Diddy, Ness, Mario, and Sonic.

All of those characters frustrated me to no end at one point, but I got better and learned how to counter them.

The character who annoys me the most is DEFINITELY Samus. Samus is incredibly easy to beat with my playstyle. However, the way most of them play is just so spammy and annoying. It's just boring.

The runner up is definitely Sonic. Sonic annoys me when there's an extensive amount of lag, or when they get a cheap kill and they taunt and act like they're good.

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
I actually cringe every time I see (the majority of) Little Mac players because it just seems they never use their Side-B's right at all. They just use it super close to an edge and self-destruct... Or they just don't have any defense game at all... or just spam counter... that's always lovely.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
:4link: and :4tlink:
When I'm playing Bowser and I win a game, 99% of the time the player goes one of these (always the dark variant too) and runs away and shoots arrows. It isn't really difficult to deal with normally, but if there's lag it becomes very difficult to deal with because of the input lag. Also because Bowser is so big, it's hard to avoid.

Killstorm

Smash Rookie
Link. Every time I see a Link player in "For Glory" I want to just walk away because usually Link players spam projectiles. Little Mac is runner up because he's a power house. I mained Little Mac when Smash 3DS first came out, so I know his move set and how he plays, so it's usually not as bad if I'm using my main (R.O.B.). But Link....

Last edited:

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Probably Link - way more annoying than he is difficult. The Zelda series is one of my absolute favorites, but your standard FG Link has almost made me revile the character.

I have instant respect for any Link that doesn't start the game with boomerang --> arrow.

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
Today I got in a game with a zelda who would only use up+b that it and it was the most irritating thing of my life but almost every zelda player is like that and it just makes a bad character looked down upon even more

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Today I got in a game with a zelda who would only use up+b that it and it was the most irritating thing of my life but almost every zelda player is like that and it just makes a bad character looked down upon even more
You encountered a Zelda. It's almost a miracle.

But I agree, as a Zelda main, they often are as bad as annoying...

Top Bottom