• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fluffy Houston Monthlies: Feb 11th: Teh canceledz0rz.

Will you be at Smashex2 in December?

• GUARANTEED!

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • We'll see.. maybe.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Not just no but hell no.

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
:} yeah, a bard isn't a supernatural ability of any type, its a core class....and my, are we off topic :}

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Vinnyman said:
how bout you two stop crying like little ******s and get over it......stay on topic....

i'll try my best to come next month....

see... know you know what i have to deal with all the time..im surrounded by these idiots

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nick we're all surrounded by idiots everywhere every day...

Let's see... November monthly will be.....

crap when is thanksgiving... the 24th...

if I have it on the 27th, the weekend after tHanksgiving,how would that be?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me = in Dallas the 27th

Not that that matters anyways cause everytime I think I can go to one of these I can't anyways...

But I'm bored so I figured I'd let everyone know

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Hmmm. well i did get a 70 in eco which means i could have gone......BUT that only ment i got my car back, but no games. so thats why i couldnt have gone. but once nov 15th arrives(my b-day) i will not have to deal with any of my mothers shizit.

so the 27th is the nov monthlie? YES! ill try and ask off from my new job(candy shop in baybrooke mall).

im a tid bit rusty though in smash........ITG and DDR does that to you.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
The Great Marth said:
Hmmm. well i did get a 70 in eco which means i could have gone......BUT that only ment i got my car back, but no games. so thats why i couldnt have gone. but once nov 15th arrives(my b-day) i will not have to deal with any of my mothers shizit.

so the 27th is the nov monthlie? YES! ill try and ask off from my new job(candy shop in baybrooke mall).

im a tid bit rusty though in smash........ITG and DDR does that to you.

OMG MONEY.............................NAH ummm cookies

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
you guys stop acting like queers and come support Fluffy's tourny.....

isn't it funny how all of a sudden, we got every *** and their queer buddies hosting tournies everywhere all of a sudden...after *****ing so long about not having one.....

oh ****, did i just say that out loud just now...

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG Vinny you're too funny. XD

>.>; I swear to god i didn't tell him to say any of that <.<;

I'm going to talk to TOES very soon and get the details straightend out to host the tournament there, and get thea ddress up for y'all.

I've got some other wonderful news. We'll ne'er have a monthly at my current location EVER AGAIN! Mostly b/c i'm getting evicted! Isn't that wonderful??????????? **** THOSE ****ED ****ING ASSWIPES!

>.>; that sentence was intended to be heavily censored .If it wasn't, not my fault...

:colorful:

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
She's right, she didn't tell me anything....i'm just starting to wonder why this **** is starting to happen

fluffy has put a lot of blood and sweat into making sex:2 a successful tourny..and all you *******s wanna go and start hosting scrubby tournies that get mediocre turnouts...fine...

you can't just throw a tourny together and expect to get a good turnout..unless you have big names backing it..otherwise, it's gonna be ****....

i'm a ****ing *******.....i know i am...and i don't give a **** about what other people think either...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
**** vinny, way to span the censor :}

All joking aside though....
I know fluffy has put alot of effort into making Smash-Ex. She's been around a whole lot longer than me and my crew have been, and she knows alot more people. She knows how to host tournaments better than me, knows how to bracket better, gets more sponsership, and gets more (and better) people. Our SSBS tournies were in NO way attempting to out do even fluffy's monthlies, let alone Smash-ex. If you wanna say that our tournies are scrubby and the turn-outs mediocre, well more power to you. What you say is probably true, but I for one will have fun doing them anyway.

We were extremely suprised when people came from out of the Houston area, and that only happened once. We aren't expecting to host big or even good tournaments. The only reason we do them is to have fun and compete with the few good people in our area.

...and ****, I've been rambling my *** off. My apologies to anyone who wasted their time by reading my garbage.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alex vinny is a silly guy. We all love him because he's such an *******. ^_^;

He's just trying to be supportive in his own way, hahahaz.

I don't want to seem like i'm anti-other tournaments... there certainly are people out there who are much more well connected / organized/ well known/ bla bla bla than I am...

I was thinking of making smashex.com a hub for information for all tournaments in Texas. Think that's a good idea?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, that might be a good idea. But then you'd have to go around and talk to all the people who host stuff, figure out there dates, yadda yadda. But I could see it being really useful.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's easy enough... not only that, it would make it easier to bring people in the whole state of texas together as well as get more hits for Smashex.com... I've been getting a pretty steady stream of hits to it recently.. I need to update it v.v; silly me.

I <3 everyone. and wtf is up with that SephirothJen crap, why does everyone have to copy Ken's name roflmao

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
Hello Fluffy !!!!!! And ALL !!!!

What's going on ? I told you I had a Smashboards account...but noooo.....

Anyways, yeah, I'll DEFINATELY be at the next monthly. It's at Toe's, right ? Yah...10 bucks, shouldn't be too hard to get, considering my 18th b-day is the 17th. :)

Oh, and let's say...my Marth will be a completely different fighter by then..got lots of new tactics. And my Shiek will still be t3h badass ninja woman. :laugh: But I wanna beat up on the n00bs with my Link :p

Can't wait for the tourney !! :psycho: :chuckle:

tsetse

Smash Lord
kailo34ce said:
uh???...happy birthday mr.thegreatmarth?..
wait a minute...is converse going to the rio grande valley tournament???....
It has been changed to a House tourney because some guys at Shoryuken decided to overthrow my Realfighters tourney becuase I was giving to much attention to smash. Even though I wasn't, all 3 games were going to be repped there and prizes would distributed according to entries but oh well. If you want to bring in anymore fighting games you are welcomed. But it will now only be 5 bucks to enter and since I own the house we can play for as long as we want as long as you all don't destroy the place.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Ken's so noob it makes me cry. :cry:

O yes, if I dont get top 5 at Austin tourney, on Dec 3 - 4 then im not going to be attending SEX2 cause I'll be retired. Im using Link :cry:

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
tsetse said:
It has been changed to a House tourney because some guys at Shoryuken decided to overthrow my Realfighters tourney becuase I was giving to much attention to smash. Even though I wasn't, all 3 games were going to be repped there and prizes would distributed according to entries but oh well. If you want to bring in anymore fighting games you are welcomed. But it will now only be 5 bucks to enter and since I own the house we can play for as long as we want as long as you all don't destroy the place.
OR it was your poor advertising..ever think about that? posting a smash tourny in a capcom site? don't think too hard...we've been through this already...

i'll try to be there for the next tourny fluffy...and now for randomness

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=CB60365C-0820-4C90-92AD-358991C8CBDE&p=6

off topic, but you guys enjoy! :chuckle:

tsetse

Smash Lord
Vinnyman said:
OR it was your poor advertising..ever think about that? posting a smash tourny in a capcom site? don't think too hard...we've been through this already...

i'll try to be there for the next tourny fluffy...and now for randomness

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=CB60365C-0820-4C90-92AD-358991C8CBDE&p=6

off topic, but you guys enjoy! :chuckle:
It was not only a smash tourney ****** it was going to have 3s and MvsC2, seriouslly you really need to get your crap staight the Pastor had said we could have it at abundant grace at 5$ head for the venue everything was already set-up. I throw good tourneys with always 30+ people for smash. So why was I doing advertising at SRK because we were going to be having 3s and MvsC2. Only thing we had left to do was get more PS2 for MvsC2 we have 4 XBOX's for 3s and about 12 cubes for smash we just needed PS'2, since we only have 1 of those. Vinnyman I could care less about your opinion unlike you I do care about other fighters. You yourself already said you dont give a crap about smash.

Vinnyman said:
everything is said and done... i've said my part and everyone agrees with me...so i won't bother dragging this any further.....i don't give a **** about smash, i don't give a **** about your tourny, and i sure as hell don't give a **** about you...

before i leave, let me give you one word of advice, get your priorities straight....
Just because you play MvsC2 or w/e game you play doesn't mean you know whats going on in the valley. So next time read all post b4 you reply. What would you do if someone said they were trying to overthrow something you were working on. Look at JF and fluffy they have 2 tourneys going on but not once did they say crap about overthrowing the other they actually rescheduled dates to accomadate each other.

edit:
Mr.C said:
O yes, if I dont get top 5 at Austin tourney, on Dec 3 - 4 then im not going to be attending SEX2 cause I'll be retired. Im using Link :cry:
No Jon'z Robby

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Am I going to have to split you two up again? :embarrass

Btw, Marvel + PS2 = no-go. Noone plays on the that version in tourneys because some of the glitches are gone/different from the arcade one, and PS2 Marvel is relatively hard to find anyway (although I have a copy I can sell you ;)). DC is much closer to the arcade version, and easy to pirate games for. That's probably why noone on SRK showed any interest, on top smash being involved. So yeah, your tourney was practically doomed from the start in regards to MvC2.

tsetse

Smash Lord
You are prolly right, but on that front I had 2 SRK'ers tell me that the XBOX version was crap. And gosh I have no DC, they said the PS2 version was superior to the XBOX so thats why we were going with that. Cuz really only experience I have with capcom fighters is from arcades and GG on XBOX well anyways i really hope this is done with. Im tired of hosting and trying to get the gaming seen tourney wise to be big in the valley. I let younger people take care of that. So my house tourney will be my last smash tourney I host. 100$ to first place if 20 people sign up and attend. Teaching and family are more important than hosting but I will still travel to you alls tourney. So after this I retire. So come down and take my hundred bucks ladies.

Well I guess a MOAST sized tourney will never occur in the valley unless someone steps up and does it. But yeah come down to the valley, I'll BBQ for you all.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
oh good lord Testicles, would you stfu already...we all know the story..and i'm pretty **** sure you don't want me to put you through your embarrassment again by pulling up the hard facts...

when is the next tourny?

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Sup people. Name is Patrick (pacman). I posted in another thread but anyways, I would LIKE TO HOST A TOURNEY? I am a real estate developer (23 years old) and love playing smash. I dont know many players and I just found this board. I heard about a tourney in Tomball last weekend but no one was there!!!

So now I guess I will post in here and see if I can get some help. I have the funds to host tourneys as well as 3 more players beside myself that are very skilled. Fluffy I hit you up on the smashex site to registrer but no response. Anyhow, like I said I am an avid player and quite skilled! I would like to host, sponsor or at the least organize a tourney but I dont know ANYONE. Please somebody hit me up. my yahoo messenger S/N is: P_a_c_m_a_n1, so someone hit me up.

Also if we dont have a place to hold a tourney I have several places that would be eligible. I dont know where everybody who plays lives, but I stay on the Southwest side. I dont mind renting a neutral place so all who are interested please say something. I also heard about the montthlies at fluffy's too which sound good. I would love to come to one and meet everyone there so we can become acquainted, so look forward to hearing from ANYBODY.

P.S. I have been skimming these boards for a week or so and it seems fluffy would be the best person to talk to so get at me. If possible, I'd like to maybe hold one next week sometime.

tsetse

Smash Lord
P_a_c_m_a_n1 said:
P.S. I have been skimming these boards for a week or so and it seems fluffy would be the best person to talk to so get at me. If possible, I'd like to maybe hold one next week sometime.
Yeah fluffy or Jesusfreak should be able to help you. Go to the the southwest thread in the regional forum here on smashboards.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
i just had a awesome weekend. im gonna post sum of it up. :)

me,coach,and eagle in a car after we just left malibu grand prix.

coach-**** sos! you busted out and played ddr like crazy! you got like a crowd watching

sos_what!? for real!

coach- yeah niga! man i hope i see melody tonight

sos- why?

coach- cuz man shes a ***** pro at sex man.

sos- pro? lol ok.

coach- naw man its like this. a noob is all slow and dosent know what to do anbd then a trained noob can go faster and stuff but you cant *** a pro they *** you.

john-lol thats a good one.

eagle-.....

(later that night at flips)

sos-hey eagle you hungry?

eagle-yeah lets go 2 whataburger.

sos-alright. lets go.

nastynate (fears brother) -buy me a burger sos!

sos-they dont sell burgers its like 3 in da morning.

nasty nate- oh.

caveman- ill go to i want some pancakes.

nastynate- coach roll another joint!

coach-when i get back niga!.
(6 guys then pile into 1 small *** car. sos/nastynate/shdw in the back caveman and eagle in the front then coach jumps in the back and hes like half in the car laying on nastynate and half out the window. lol)

(we get to whataburger after 5 minutes off random yelling.)

whataburger guy- can i take your order.

eagle- i want a deluxe breckfast (or some **** like that)

nastynate- i wanna order boobs!

sos-i dont think they sell that.

shdw-lets go buy sum more beer after this.

coach- yeah beer.

(we pull up to the drive through the whataburgerguy see 6 dudes in a car one half out the window lol!)

nastynate- you wanna go to a party man?

whataburger guy- i dont wanna go to your party. it looks likes its all dudes.

coach- ***! now hes gonna think im gay!

sos/shdw- lol

nastynate- coach your *** bone is poking me!

coach- thats not my ***.

(everyone except nastynate laugh there *** off)

more stuff happens nate asks for ketchup then when were leaving throws it at the window lol!

we get home and play bull shiit the card game. nasty nate wins like 2 in a row because eagle didnt call him and lost. he puts down like 9 2s and theres like only 4 2s in a deck and no one notices and he like wins. lol.then i think we smoked again. i dunno i forget which came first. either way we watched unleashed and flip stupid dvd sucks so it kept on skipping and me and cave tried to fix it but it just wasnt working so it suxed and then like i think i feel asleep and i dont know what happened.

but yeah its funnier if you were there. when i read this after im not high im probly gonna look stupid lol.

yeah and umm ben give me my cd! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :dizzy: look im dizzy lol.

oh yeah and i like vanilla ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom