• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fluffy Houston Monthlies: Feb 11th: Teh canceledz0rz.

Will you be at Smashex2 in December?

• GUARANTEED!

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • We'll see.. maybe.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Not just no but hell no.

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
leprechaun said:
vinnyman who posts at 4:30 am huh ? but yeah lower gas prices and lep can travel to all the fluffy tourny thingys rahhh need sleep
you're definately one to call the kettle black... :laugh:

man, i've been in and out of my head for the last 5 days...running back and forth getting supplies and food for the New Orlean refugee's, walking into shelters seeing babies cry for their parents, and the like....this **** is really ****ed up....haven't gotten sufficient rest...but i can't sleep..and besides, i just came back from the Arcade playing MvC2 and having a few drinks to relax myself...and the economy is becoming a concern.... :ohwell: .

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
I hate playing Marvel. Not because of how terrible it is as a fighter, but I can't seem to find anything comfortable as far as controllers go. Can't do supers on pad (because of having to hit bothpunches/kicks), and playing on my T5 Hori just feels dumb. I can barely dash or do half circles.....

What's the right speed for console versions, Vinny?

Also, smash is cool I guess :dizzy:? And the refugee situation is crazy. Hopefully things won't get much worse for LA.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
Titan44 said:
I hate playing Marvel. Not because of how terrible it is as a fighter, but I can't seem to find anything comfortable as far as controllers go. Can't do supers on pad (because of having to hit bothpunches/kicks), and playing on my T5 Hori just feels dumb. I can barely dash or do half circles.....

What's the right speed for console versions, Vinny?

Also, smash is cool I guess :dizzy:? And the refugee situation is crazy. Hopefully things won't get much worse for LA.
Marvel is a great game....and playing on a T5 Hori stick is badass...hit your angles...i believe the speed is 1....not sure...

so who all is coming out for this monthly?

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
omg. :colorful:

Gas is down to a comfortable $2.99 a gallon.. again... wait. That's not good. Still. Crap.

I need a car !!! >.< I hope i can get one tomorrow.. @.x

I undersatnd if people don't want to come from out of town. Gas is up thar.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
**** freaking right it is but umm the lowest i have seen here in austin in around $2.89 or something like that but in a town 40 miles north of CC i almost creamed my pants cause i got gas for $2.85 :laugh:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Once again, I must say you're all just lucky that I can't come. -_- I wanna win something at some point =\

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
haha as do I. That'd be so tight if I won the tourney going all DK and Bowser. If someone gave me a ride there I promise I'd go all DK/Bowser thru the whole tourney unless requested to do otherwise. :colorful:

eww, those two don't like Peach much =\ I'd still give it a try tho.

Kyrenx

Smash Rookie
A new challenger emerges!

Good to see that there are more SMASH-tourneys going on here in Houston... as i've only been able to find 2 at different Gamecrazy locations. If I got this straight, Smashex 2 is to be held at Gladiators Gaming Center @ 2 PM on September 25th? I will do my best on being able to be there as i'm always up for a new challenge. :laugh: I'll also see about convincing at least some of my SMASH-group to tag along as well.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
absoltuley wrong.

http://www.smashex.com

the date for Smash Extravaganza 2 HAS NOT YET BEEN NAILED DOWN. But what we are looking at is going to be the first weekend in January -- after Christmas but before school lets back in.

The place we're looking at is called Stargate, if anyone is familiar with it.

There will be a MONTHLY TOURNAMENT at 2 PM on Sunday, Sept. 25th at Fluffy's apartment, assuming I don't skip town and go to TGA XDD (( which really all depends on whether or not i get my *** a new car. ))

:colorful:

Kyrenx

Smash Rookie
fluffy-sama said:
absoltuley wrong.

http://www.smashex.com

the date for Smash Extravaganza 2 HAS NOT YET BEEN NAILED DOWN. But what we are looking at is going to be the first weekend in January -- after Christmas but before school lets back in.

The place we're looking at is called Stargate, if anyone is familiar with it.

There will be a MONTHLY TOURNAMENT at 2 PM on Sunday, Sept. 25th at Fluffy's apartment, assuming I don't skip town and go to TGA XDD (( which really all depends on whether or not i get my *** a new car. ))

:colorful:
Okay, thanks for straightening that out. (would hate to be the only one that shows up for something that wasnt going down :chuckle: )... also, ive been reading around the forums and alot of people have been talking about TGA.. can someone fill me in on what TGA is? [/end n00b question].

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
JesusFreak said:
TGA = huge tourney is Austin that doesn't appear to be happening. Me = worst player in Austin.
dood, honestly, it was hard to actually believe that TGA was going to happen this month...granted, there was absolutlely NO advertisement for it, i mean, at least 1 1/2 months in advance....and even then, where the **** is the advertisement? :confused:

Fluffy: i'm talking to my friend Chris about Stargate...but i haven't really gotten to any details..he's been running around....but i'm almost positive he wouldn't mind, he's supportive of the gaming scene, and a pretty **** reasonable guy too....

keeping it real like cheese yo! Can you DIG it? :laugh:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Vinny, I thought about that too, but TGA's usual style is to wait until about a month-2weeks before the tourney happens to even announce it, but even with that in mind, I just don't think it's going to happen.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Stargate?!?!?!?!!?!?! THE STARGATE?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy ****! that place has DDR and ITG out the wazoo! YES!
I will make **** sure im there!even though i could lose at playing SSBM , yall fools cant touch me at the dancing game! God has bless me with the dacing game ability!

I might show up just to play DDR! screw SSBM. Oh man im so happy! Paranoia survivor: max(oni), here i come! its the only "hard song" i need to get an A on........I CANT FREAKIN WAIT!

Mr.C

Smash Master
Marcos will get 1st at S.ex two guarentezorz. Unless some other peeps come.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey vinn maybe me and clever will go over to stargate with ya on Friday.... That might be the place to have it. =P

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
If CC doesn't come, and we do, which we **** well better; I predict SOS or Wes will get 1st. I also predict that I will lose to peaches.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
fluffy-sama said:
Hey vinn maybe me and clever will go over to stargate with ya on Friday.... That might be the place to have it. =P
i might be up at SG tomorrow night..but late....around 11ish....

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
No, not THE wes. The Texas wes. Who very well could be better than the wes. It'd be awesome to see them play each other, but I dount that will happen anytime real soon. :p And peaches might not scare you, but I can't beat them.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
nah ive fought pretty good peachy! marcos and his buddy were peach at SEX1! so yea ive fought some old school peachy.

And nicks peach.......................well its not good........its cheaply homo. but i still **** him.

Mr.C

Smash Master
CC isnt going there going to be in AZ which I might too. And no Wes will never beat Sos, converse ina tourney. And If CC, Sa + Converse isnt there and Austin is then it will be Wes 1, Marcos 2 and BJ 3 IMO

Marcos > JF

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Mr C we all know wes can take converse, and he and SOS would probably be a good match. And all Peaches>me. But I'd still be willing to MM Marcos cuz I think I could take him.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Converse & SOS > WES and no SOS will like 5 stock wes's Fox lol. And Marcos > JF

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
My nuts>all of you :chuckle:

Clever: how come your punkass didn't show up at Stargate? you missed me handing out penetrations to those that came across me in MvC2......THE RAGE MAN, THE ****ING RAGE I SAID!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

btw, Cmutt wasn't there tonight....so i left him a message with one of his cronies... :ohwell:

Mr.C

Smash Master
Marcos and Gore were the only hard match's I had at s.ex. I told Marcos "Your the Gayest Peach ive ever played" Because he was hard to beat. And I gayed Gore by picking Peach. He was playing so good that day I couldnt beat him with anyone else. It was crazy too it was
1-1 and I was Peach vs his Icys for the 3rd it was 1 stock each. He had like 140% - I had like 175% on DreamLand he downsmashed me and everyone behind us was like ooooooooo! Then SOS was like wtf OMG! then started to laugh, caused i survived came back and dsmash'd his NANA then it was popo vs peach lol when he was comen back with bover I grabbed him and fthrew. Best Match there. I want Gore to win the next S.ex hes the only player that impresses me. Very fun to watch and very hard to play against lol.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
haha, I'm willing to MM anyone who wants it :p Unless they're like good friends that I play a lot or similar.

Also, my crew just wanted to remind people that last time wes and sos played, wes won about 75% of the matches they played. That is all, thank you.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Nope. At TGA2 Fear beat him in the tourney. Then i played his Marth ina friendly after that and beat him. After i beat Scav in losers. I went to SOS and lost ina sheik ditto. SOS was sent in to losers be dsf. after that sos played caveman. No were in that tourney do you see. SOS VS WES and sos > wes by a very very very longshot. If sos wants to win he will win when it matters. he plays around to much who did he use lol? doc. If wes lost to me and steve and idk who else in the tourney then no. wes didnt beat sos 75% of the time unless he was playing with one hand. TY .. and wtf were coming over sep 24 we will beat u then steal your kids then your money **** your wifes and leave u out in the cold saying y in the **** did i ever talk **** to these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom