• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaty Purposes [MEWTWO GENERAL]

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Is anybody setting up tech chases with hover after dthrow? I was messing around a little, and on faster fallers it seems you can hover right over them and cover all their options when they tech. It seems akin to walking up and shielding, except you don't have to worry about them teching away.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I was stoked that there was a Down-B kill like discussed on the last page, then I thought there was gonna be another (you know, combo vids doing multiples of a certain cool thing in a row), and one was set up perfectly...
Then didn't...
Broke the laws of the universe right there.
I guess Mewtwo does that though...

Mewtwo is cool.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Has anyone seen this video?
Beautiful combos.
That Mewtwo is literally playing exactly like I've wanted to see a M2 play since he came out. Abusing superior movement to out space the opponent, using all of their toolset in combos, WD tech chasing, and far and away from the ledge, ledge guards. For anyone aspiring to play Mewtwo really well, I'd say that video demonstrates it perfectly.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Should be pretty standard, I'm sure the Mewtwo vid thread is full of that type of stuff too
The best part about highlight vids is the punishment game presented, as that's generally where most people lack in general. Anyone's advice from scrubs who know what they're doing to Armada will say punishment game should be worked on by everyone, so get that down and every punish should be highlight worthy.
This goes for every character too.
Finish them stocks!

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
^That's the spirit!

Let's make "EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING" our slogan for once... and not because EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING is what we say the slogan is...
... but because EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING is our first, middle, last, and full name...
It's what we do. It's what is. Everything is... Epic Freaking Awesome.
Piece. Of. Cake.

Vale

Smash Ace
^That's the spirit!

Let's make "EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING" our slogan for once... and not because EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING is what we say the slogan is...
... but because EPIC FREAKING AWESOME EVERYTHING is our first, middle, last, and full name...
It's what we do. It's what is. Everything is... Epic Freaking Awesome.
Piece. Of. Cake.
Hi, I'm Epic Freaking Awesome Everything Epic Freaking Awesome Everything "Epic Freaking Awesome Everything" Epic Freaking Awesome Everything. What's your name?

Vale

Smash Ace
In other news, I tried playing Wifi-Safe online a week ago. Here's some great MS Paint masterpieces showing my adventures.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed Mewtwo's pivot grab range is the length of this tail. Am I late or early? Either way, it's neat.

Une

Smash Apprentice
who the **** designed this character lol. It's like SD remix all over again
Main differences between PM Mewtwo and SD Remix 1.0 Mewtwo

1. You can actually combo PM Mewtwo! Thank. ****ing. God.
2. PM Mewtwo can do stuff after teleport.(Rolls eyes)
3. SD Remix Mewtwo had better runspeed and grab range.

Other then that both Mewtwos have goddamn ridiculous normals, edge guarding, and have bull**** anti-juggling and anti-edge guarding safeguards with that ******** teleport.

I don't even care that Mewtwo has such ******** normals. It's that stupid teleport. Matches take FOREVER. Okay maybe not forever all the time but seems longer then it really is because I don't have as much of a sense of progression. Like 90% of time I just KO outright. I just chip away and eventually get the finisher. You know what smash game is like that where edge guarding doesn't happen that much and you just stack on the damage until the finishing blow connects? Yeah. BRAWL. I'm running around playing grab-ass while Mewtwo is running around and if I hit him into the air or offstage guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S MEWTWO. Just about any other character- I get a grab on Marth, Fox, Falco, Bowser, I dunno MOST GUYS and throw them off stage. Then I can try to edge guard! Maybe get a kO! NOT MEWTWO. Okay Zero Suit Samus too but I hate her and that is why. And if I play a character that doesn't have some range with disjoints or whatever then I have to dance around super carefully around Mewtwo's death vortex attacks that eat damn near everything.. Seriously his nair, utilt, bair, goddamn ridiculous. It's the same goddamn thing as in SD Remix except at LEAST I can combo this stupid character. That's some relief considering edge guarding and juggles or whatever are out unless your opponent is a dunce.

**** this *****y character. I'm even considering picking up Marth just for Mewtwo so I don't have to deal with his bull**** attacks. And I don't even like Marth because he's like the definition of a dishonorable prick of a character alongside other scumbags such a Pikachu, Roy, Jigglypuff, and PM Zamus.

GeZ

Smash Lord

Other then that both Mewtwos have goddamn ridiculous normals, edge guarding, and have bull**** anti-juggling and anti-edge guarding safeguards with that ******** teleport.

I don't even care that Mewtwo has such ******** normals. It's that stupid teleport. Matches take FOREVER. Okay maybe not forever all the time but seems longer then it really is because I don't have as much of a sense of progression. Like 90% of time I just KO outright. I just chip away and eventually get the finisher. You know what smash game is like that where edge guarding doesn't happen that much and you just stack on the damage until the finishing blow connects? Yeah. BRAWL. I'm running around playing grab-*** while Mewtwo is running around and if I hit him into the air or offstage guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S MEWTWO. Just about any other character- I get a grab on Marth, Fox, Falco, Bowser, I dunno MOST GUYS and throw them off stage. Then I can try to edge guard! Maybe get a kO! NOT MEWTWO. Okay Zero Suit Samus too but I hate her and that is why. And if I play a character that doesn't have some range with disjoints or whatever then I have to dance around super carefully around Mewtwo's death vortex attacks that eat damn near everything.. Seriously his nair, utilt, bair, goddamn ridiculous. It's the same goddamn thing as in SD Remix except at LEAST I can combo this stupid character. That's some relief considering edge guarding and juggles or whatever are out unless your opponent is a dunce.

**** this *****y character. I'm even considering picking up Marth just for Mewtwo so I don't have to deal with his bull**** attacks. And I don't even like Marth because he's like the definition of a dishonorable prick of a character alongside other scumbags such a Pikachu, Roy, Jigglypuff, and PM Zamus.
Well this thread has officially got it's resident crazy. We can pack it in everybody, parties over. :drshrug:

Vale

Smash Ace
yeah guys pikachu is so op he just wins every tournament
and let's not forget how much better jigglypuff got in the transition from melee to project m

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman

I don't even care that Mewtwo has such ******** normals. It's that stupid teleport. Matches take FOREVER. Okay maybe not forever all the time but seems longer then it really is because I don't have as much of a sense of progression. Like 90% of time I just KO outright. I just chip away and eventually get the finisher. You know what smash game is like that where edge guarding doesn't happen that much and you just stack on the damage until the finishing blow connects? Yeah. BRAWL. I'm running around playing grab-*** while Mewtwo is running around and if I hit him into the air or offstage guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S MEWTWO. Just about any other character- I get a grab on Marth, Fox, Falco, Bowser, I dunno MOST GUYS and throw them off stage. Then I can try to edge guard! Maybe get a kO! NOT MEWTWO. Okay Zero Suit Samus too but I hate her and that is why. And if I play a character that doesn't have some range with disjoints or whatever then I have to dance around super carefully around Mewtwo's death vortex attacks that eat damn near everything.. Seriously his nair, utilt, bair, goddamn ridiculous. It's the same goddamn thing as in SD Remix except at LEAST I can combo this stupid character. That's some relief considering edge guarding and juggles or whatever are out unless your opponent is a dunce.

Who do you even play anyway?

Vale

Smash Ace
SD Remix is a Melee balancing mod by Ripple and some other people I can't remember.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet

that euphoria though...

Vale

Smash Ace
I have a school tournament coming up and we're going to be character-locked. I think I'm going to go Mewtwo just to see if I can win it. I think my only threat is my training partner, who plays Marth and Mario. It is also best-of-one, so I hope I don't do something stupid and get knocked out early.

Vale

Smash Ace
In all seriousness, you should explain to whoever set that up at your school how actual tournaments work. Jus' sayin.
Student-organized. The kid in charge plays smash with me at least every other week and knows full well how tournaments work because I run small 8-man brackets fairly often for my group. We're also using "bottom row only; picked via random no gentlemen's caluse" because he doesn't want me to have an advantage from knowing what stages to pick against the casual students. We're character locked because he doesn't want to look over double blinds and doesn't want people to get an advantage by waiting for the other person to pick.

Not sure if this will be seeded at all either. The best of one is because of time constarints, I think. I've offered to help but he doesn't want me to because I'm not part of the staff organizing the event as a whole (other games besides Smash are going to be there) + I'm competing.

My other alternative to playing Mewtwo is to character-lock Random because I could still get top 4 pretty easy and would win if I don't get stuck with somebody I know nothing about during the last rounds. I think this is going to be good tech-grindind practice if I can stay off of autopilot mode, though, so I'm not sure what to do yet.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Wanting to pick him up yesterday after playing some friendlies with him, most likely going to be my third and final main. Other two are Kirby and MK.

What should I work on more than other things with M2? Hover is probably high up on the list.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Wanting to pick him up yesterday after playing some friendlies with him, most likely going to be my third and final main. Other two are Kirby and MK.

What should I work on more than other things with M2? Hover is probably high up on the list.
Knowing when to wavedash and being able to do it consistently is very important with m2, I still have trouble with it. DJC is also very useful and takes practice as well.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Knowing when to wavedash and being able to do it consistently is very important with m2, I still have trouble with it. DJC is also very useful and takes practice as well.
Yea I I noticed his WD and DJC are a bit off from others like Yoshi and Lucas. Hopefully I'll have time to hit the lab and get stuff down like that. I love M2's mobility options.

didds

Smash Lord

I'd also suggest learning how to sweet spot the ledge with teleport, gives you a lot of room to practice the neutral game when you don't have to stress about recovery.
m2 recovery = free

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
How do you guys get up from the ledge reliably? A little trick I found is that if you get at just the right height after jumping away from the ledge with invincibility frames you can tele straight forward and autoland to do basically anything. You can go from being on the ledge to grabbing someone from behind more quickly than one would think.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys get up from the ledge reliably? A little trick I found is that if you get at just the right height after jumping away from the ledge with invincibility frames you can tele straight forward and autoland to do basically anything. You can go from being on the ledge to grabbing someone from behind more quickly than one would think.
I usually just drop down a little bit from the ledge and just teleport behind them or onto a platform. Love how M2's recovery is so free.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey guys, in general how do you deal against the Mewtwo matchup? What should be done and what should be avoided? Etc.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hey guys, in general how do you deal against the Mewtwo matchup? What should be done and what should be avoided? Etc.
Oh hey, nice to see you here; I think I know whats the purpose lmao

Im not good at advising in general, all I can say is that mewtwo is a tricky character, trywatching some vids on youtube (ex: m2k's mewtwo :p)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Oh hey, nice to see you here; I think I know whats the purpose lmao

Im not good at advising in general, all I can say is that mewtwo is a tricky character, trywatching some vids on youtube (ex: m2k's mewtwo :p)
Hey. You're right, but I was hoping to get some ideas of this Matchup by some good Mewtwo players themselves.

EiroHRT

Smash Rookie
I need to start posting more... ;n;

Anyway, I should be getting back on playing P:M again once I decide on whether I should buy a Mayflash controller adapter, or look into something else. Using the Wiimote is a no, no.

EiroHRT

Smash Rookie
Oh, such a character you are~

I actually had my sights on the Mayflash for awhile, but was a little worried about the con side of things. That's all.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I ordered mine yesterday, expecting it in sometime this week
The con side, afaik, is that i'll be down 24$ plus shipping and handling

Top Bottom