• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia II: Gave over. Who won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ninja. Way to make me look foolish.

Heavily disagree on Ryu. That's why I asked you. Game just strated so it felt weird to me for Ryu to call Gheb out on not giving content. Almost absurd.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why is what Ryu's done any different than my posts?
You're different people. I gave the idea minor thought that we were throwing jokes but both you and bardull seemed pretty inclined to get out of RVS before it even started, which was weird. I don't think you're scum necessarily but my head is scratching that you think is Bardull is town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
on*

I meant just that, if you make have a battle plan with your first vote or if you choose it at random. I ask, because it seems you usually choose soup as your first vote, if my memory serves me right.
I chose Soup mainly to get a feel for him, then move on once I was satisfied. His response was null at best, but it was worth a shot. I try to avoid confrontation with Soup if it can be helped.

I figure there are similar reasons for why you tend to lead on Ryker in some of the games we've played, but I can't fill in the blanks for this instance particularly.

Bardull instead of voting Gheb, you should instead vote Ryker with me as Vult asked you the first time. Also if you two are Masons, we should lynch soup and Ryker.
Hey, no phishing, even if it might seem obvious. ;)

But sure, at worst it will light a fire under Ryker's ass, at best we get scum. :awesome:

Vote: Ryker

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.3

Red Ryu
Darkpit
Gheb:
Red Ryu
Ryker: Vult Redux, Bardull
Maven: Ryker
Bardull: Maven, Gheb
Xivii:
Soup:
Xivii
Vult Redux

Not voting:
soup, Darkpit

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is September 21, at 11:59 PM

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why do you think wanting to get out of RVS is weird?
Just clarifying that this isn't rhetorical. Also is there anything in particular that you do not like about Bardull so far that is causing you to question why I like him?

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ what do you think of soup's view of Ryu and his post? What do you think of his view against trying to get out of RVS quickly?

BarDulL BarDulL Same questions as above.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
wow y'all are fast
... and you know you could just ask him what he meant, right? He said he's not gonna continue posting like this.
i mean i was kind of essentially asking him to clarify but without wording it as a question and adding some humor

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gheb is the worst person to do this one. It would be a waste of Day time in my opinion.
raining on my parade so soon?

in all seriousness though this makes you town to me. it's so spot-on and town-motivated and i can't see it coming from mafia

@Ryker this is my official zen read for the time being. trust me on this

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
So I hear you like pivoting!
yes and i'm proud of it!

...if you mean what i think you mean.

Although, to be fair, I wouldn't mind rushing Gheb to L-1. Gheb has essentially been the bane of my existence in literally every single game I have ever played with him. Without fail, he has tried to push my lynch almost every single time at some point or another.

Vult Redux Vult Redux I'll do it if you do it. =D
i changed my mind. I like Zen's reason for not super-wagoning gheb, actually.

Yea I like him, Vult, and Bardull so far.
bardull.... town? what do you think of the post I quoted above?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
kind of because I want to wagon, and kind of because i find him scummy: vote: bardull

Bardull, why did you vote ryker over gheb?

(you're at L-2!)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
>Ryker proceeds to claim he is going to ignore Zen for the rest of day 1 and calls him a ****head
This is unrelated to Zen being a ****head in this particular game. I haven't played a game in memory where I haven't scum read him D1. Last game we were in I said I'd give him til after D2 when he was scum. Whoops!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hey @Darkpit54! What do you make of Bardull's take on the thread? Does that give you an idea of his alignment?

Gheb, do me a favor and tell me when you get a solid read on Soup.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'll be frank, I had no intentions of pursuing a Gheb lynch at that juncture.

Vult, are you in RVS mode, or do you legit find me scummy?

It looks like you're jumping around for a wagon without substance, so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.

Yeah you're probably right, looking back on it. His ignoring soup's questions is odd.
This is bull**** and we both know it.

I'm annoyed that you guys wanted me to help you get something going, I bite, and then you turn around and say "nah bard is scum after trying to help us." I will not be so quick to lend you my assistance in the future.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This is unrelated to Zen being a ****head in this particular game. I haven't played a game in memory where I haven't scum read him D1. Last game we were in I said I'd give him til after D2 when he was scum. Whoops!
I can confirm that you are morally justified in calling Zen a ****head at this point.

Still, I feel something is off.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'll be frank, I had no intentions of pursuing a Gheb lynch at that juncture.
right...

Let me rephrase. Actually I can't. I just really need you to answer the question I asked. I'll give you a pass and hope you just sort of accidentally/unintentionally dodged it. Tell me WHY you had no intention of pushing gheb and WHY ryker was a better choice (at the time, ofc)

Vult, are you in RVS mode, or do you legit find me scummy?

It looks like you're jumping around for a wagon without substance, so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.
my vote is serious

This post really bothers me but I'm not really sure why. It's like... Between this and your other post I addressed, you're trying really hard to discredit me early? But I might be miased lol. I think i need other people to weigh in

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I think most points raised so far are bad, poorly backed up, desperate / obvious / ridiculous attempts to get us out of RVS or straight up make no sense at all. I also think most questions posted here are not worth an answer so I'll just ignore them unless somebody gives me a good reason to answer them.

Gheb, do me a favor and tell me when you get a solid read on Soup.
This can take a while but sure.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What do you mean by "rolled scum again" ... ? I've not been scum in any of my latest few games.

You play super minimalist when you roll scum, gottem! Who is your scummate? I bet it's Zen and you pushed for an early bus.

You're different people. I gave the idea minor thought that we were throwing jokes but both you and bardull seemed pretty inclined to get out of RVS before it even started, which was weird. I don't think you're scum necessarily but my head is scratching that you think is Bardull is town.
But in turn with us being different people what in particular makes you think I am doing something worse than Zen here? Meta? with reference to what for me?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BarDulL BarDulL can you answer my questions from before. Additionally, why have you ignored soups responses?
I feel that my vote and initial question to him were perfectly fine by RVS standards. I don't see how they weren't. Maybe we have different ideologies about what is and what isn't good RVS. I don't understand why he needs to ask so many questions about my rvs play, so it just came off to me as weird. Also, regarding having dialogue with myself, I don't see a problem with voicing my opinion on something and incurring scrutiny from it. You tell me; should transparency be condemned this early on in the game?

Like, my first question to soup could've had any number of different responses. Anywhere from "IDK bb, which one do you want me to be" to "foe, screw you bro" and it would have been fine. Instead, my intent is called into question, and then he suggests that a town read early on in the game on my slot is bad.

Where is the scum intent in not responding to his response right away?

Just clarifying that this isn't rhetorical. Also is there anything in particular that you do not like about Bardull so far that is causing you to question why I like him?

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ what do you think of soup's view of Ryu and his post? What do you think of his view against trying to get out of RVS quickly?

BarDulL BarDulL Same questions as above.
I don't feel like talking about soup, trying to read the slot makes me not enjoy the game. I'll let you deal with it. If you think that I'm somehow scum as a result, that's hilarious, but I don't care.

right...

Let me rephrase. Actually I can't. I just really need you to answer the question I asked. I'll give you a pass and hope you just sort of accidentally/unintentionally dodged it. Tell me WHY you had no intention of pushing gheb and WHY ryker was a better choice (at the time, ofc)

my vote is serious

This post really bothers me but I'm not really sure why. It's like... Between this and your other post I addressed, you're trying really hard to discredit me early? But I might be miased lol. I think i need other people to weigh in
You'd be hard-pressed to make me believe your vote is serious. You've been jumping around incessantly, and when I finally bite and go for Ryker, you turn around and try to stab me in the back regarding content that isn't truly conducive to scummy behavior. What are you trying to achieve with this style of play?

If you analyze my posts, you'll see that I have reason to push for Ryker, and that I haven't strictly voiced a particular reason to feel off about Gheb for this particular game.

Sure, Gheb's voting for me, which under normal circumstances would be a red flag, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with that play early on in the game.

He might be scum, he might not be. I haven't seen anything yet that makes the slot bug me out. If I see a compelling case, one that isn't "hur dur lets go for gheb bro so i can stab you in the back after you give me your vote," I might vote for him.

Ok. What's off and what are you going to do about it?
I've already stated my opinion and voted, I'm not interested in convoluting the thread with anti-Ryker propaganda.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
raining on my parade so soon?

in all seriousness though this makes you town to me. it's so spot-on and town-motivated and i can't see it coming from mafia

@Ryker this is my official zen read for the time being. trust me on this
You think so?

I don't know if I could go that far if a person knows how stubborn Gheb can be at times.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not really that I'm stubborn.

The lot of you just happens to be wrong most of the time so I usually end up being busy preventing the worst from happening with you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why do you think wanting to get out of RVS is weird?
Funnily enough, Gheb pointed out why that is in his #61. I'd say that between you two and your attempts yours is a little bit better on a bias that you're Zen and I understand you way better than Bardull whose pure reactionary playstyle usually is not for some benefit in the long-run rather just stroking his own ego. You believe that's town for some reason though.

#HBC | ѕoup

This further begs the question why Bardull would openly question me, call it null, and then say he's going to refuse to read me.

But in turn with us being different people what in particular makes you think I am doing something worse than Zen here? Meta? with reference to what for me?
Dunno, just a feeling. Apparently you're serious though? Gheb made in total of one post in the event of the day literally starting and I don't think that's a good foundation for a scum-read regardless.

#HBC | ѕoup

Wait let me correct myself, I just reread Ryu's post where he responded to Gheb and I don't think he's being serious after all. I imagine that makes me look stupid but I did just wake up.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Funnily enough, Gheb pointed out why that is in his #61. I'd say that between you two and your attempts yours is a little bit better on a bias that you're Zen and I understand you way better than Bardull whose pure reactionary playstyle usually is not for some benefit in the long-run rather just stroking his own ego. You believe that's town for some reason though.
This is why I don't like trying to read you. At what point in the game so far have I displayed stroking my own ego? I don't think I've played a game with you in years, but can you see why I wouldn't want to read a slot that describes me that way?

#HBC | ѕoup

This is why I don't like trying to read you. At what point in the game so far have I displayed stroking my own ego? I don't think I've played a game with you in years, but can you see why I wouldn't want to read a slot that describes me that way?
Your #64 is mostly posturing yourself and your actions to make it seem like any criticism towards you should be invalid. Even when Zen asked you why you decided to question me first and foremost you spend most of the time just saying 'IDK why someone would ever question, me, Bardull on something I did in a mafia game.' Townies defend themselves all the time but if you felt like you were being townie in your approach then was no real to get defensive over a simple question. That makes it seem like that your intentions were fabricated.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Your #64 is mostly posturing yourself and your actions to make it seem like any criticism towards you should be invalid. Even when Zen asked you why you decided to question me first and foremost you spend most of the time just saying 'IDK why someone would ever question, me, Bardull on something I did in a mafia game.' Townies defend themselves all the time but if you felt like you were being townie in your approach then was no real to get defensive over a simple question. That makes it seem like that your intentions were fabricated.
Never said criticism towards me should be invalid; there are plenty of areas worthy of critique. I gave what I feel to be an appropriate response to Zen's question as to why I didn't respond to you. Do you find anything to be inherently flawed with the points raised in my #64? The only problem you seem to have with it is presumed posturing, and not the content of the points made themselves. Instead, you threw slander in my direction by saying I was stroking my own ego.

Hence, I've thought it over, but it feels more like you're coming into the game with a bad, perhaps prejudiced lean on my slot, and aren't really reading into the points I'm making. That's why I don't enjoy reading your slot, at least so far.

As far as being defensive, I'm kinda pissed at Zen and Vult for asking me to assist them, then they did a 180 and are now suggesting I be lynched. That's pretty much my approach to them at this point in the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

I haven't come into this game with any prejudice, I'm just telling you what I think of your play. I don't understand what content means in your example, because I told what I got out of your content. I don't think that your reasoning makes sense in a lot of things and that in itself is due to how I feel about you. If you wanted me to break it down further then I would say that your Ryker vote in particular is striking because you seemed to have made some kind of conclusion towards him by laughing at Zen's antics. That conclusion wasn't exactly strong in my eyes either, and I don't get why him laughing is somehow indicative of him being scum. I'm aware of your points, but all you said in your #28 that it wasn't natural? How? You never really explained such and then the next post you mention Ryker you bludgeon him by quoting an indirect statement by Zen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Darkpit hasn't picked up his Role PM. I was waiting a day or so to give him a chance, but now will be the time I look for a replacement.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I haven't come into this game with any prejudice, I'm just telling you what I think of your play. I don't understand what content means in your example, because I told what I got out of your content. I don't think that your reasoning makes sense in a lot of things and that in itself is due to how I feel about you. If you wanted me to break it down further then
If you're going to say that my reasoning doesn't make sense in a lot of things, I expect you to individually knock down all these things as opposed to making an entire blanket statement on my play. Let's not be lazy.

I would say that your Ryker vote in particular is striking because you seemed to have made some kind of conclusion towards him by laughing at Zen's antics. That conclusion wasn't exactly strong in my eyes either, and I don't get why him laughing is somehow indicative of him being scum. I'm aware of your points, but all you said in your #28 that it wasn't natural? How? You never really explained such and then the next post you mention Ryker you bludgeon him by quoting an indirect statement by Zen.
I felt that the original approach to Zen's slot, followed by an immediate 180, was indicative of a lack of ingenuity due to how stark of a turnaround it was.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Like, it literally went from:

"Zen is a ****head, I'm putting him on ignore, see me Day 2"

to

"lol Zen hardy har buddy ol' pal."

At least, that's how I read into it. I don't think that's a strange thing to gripe about.

Top Bottom