• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
in fact

Unvote

consider my vote on J, but I don't want a quicklynch right now. We should have some discussion first, especially since we had so many slots that didn't do much of anything yesterday, with almost all of them being replaced.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Aight i've been getting crashboards all day. TLDR is J is the lynch for toDay, I agree we should leave him at L-2 for the time being.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : readslist?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : I feel like you flipped from a null-town to an obvscum read on Garg yesterDay, was there anything that prompted that?

@Soup why did you claim I don't even.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary because I have no reason to out-guess the scum like I said earlier, trying to guess when scum will night kill me isn't worth it when I can offer a clear from the get-go. I'm one less slot you have to worry about, you should be taking that your advantage.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second... I just noticed something.

@ ranmaru ranmaru did my initial vote for J (#674) not count, or was the votecount (#680) a mistake?

.... Vote: Riddickulous

we'll see if that counts

#HBC | ѕoup

Hey Kary, are you willing to die if J isn't scum? I still hold completely true to what I thought earlier.

Crashboards is actually being reliable right now so I'll actually do something instead of boast about my free pass for the rest of the game. :chuckle:

First impressions of Dabuz is...interesting. I like the enthusiasm, but I don't know how to feel as to how it's being used.

Kary doesn't have enough content from page 11 onward to make a read. I will say that her opening about avoiding easy to ML players like BW and Soup while not good play, looks like townie intent because basically Kary wants to focus on looking for actual scummy play and not just weaker players playing poorly. As scum it doesn't make sense to limitthe pools of mislynches unless her scum partner is in there (which is a possibility, but less likely with only 1 scum left if Kary is scum). @@Kary, have any of the players in your original pool of easy to ML become scum reads to you?
What about Kary just saying that as a means of fluff and trying to look proactive? How do you take him not being on the Garg wagon yesterday? I asked this same question to July in our QT but I never seemed to get an answer, something that was boggling my mind is if Kary would opt out of townie points on the Garg wagon and stay persistent on J instead, I don't see why he wouldn't go ahead and join but instead make this post showing hesitance at first:

I think that's L-1.

If people still want to discuss **** i'll leave it for a bit, I'll be around tomorrow anyways.
What do you make of it Dabuns? This is an open question to everyone else too, I don't want this day going to absolute waste and just agreeing to body J, we can do that at anytime necessary, but I'd love to hear where other people are leaning based on the scumflip of Garg.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey Kary, are you willing to die if J isn't scum? I still hold completely true to what I thought earlier.
You know you don't have to pad the Day out with stupid questions, right?

If I'm wrong about J it'll be a first, but I'm not going to roll over and die because of it. Why the **** should I?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna paraphrase some of the stuff me and July were talking about last night.

July:
  • Riddick and Nich are both town, they pushed good wagons on D1 and they were consistent with their reads, furthermore, they didn't hesitate when J was making bull**** excuses.
  • July was feeling better about Kary and RR on her re-read last night. She believed that even though Kary was aggressive she was also trying to genuinely gain information and when the wagon started to form for no reason she seemed to like Kary's approach there too; she also started to like his milsynch post, and the team of Kary/J/Garg doesn't make sense because J was actively pushing attention from Garg and himself and onto Kary. (I disagree with the Kary sentiment but I agree that Kary/J/Garg isn't a team.)
  • July doesn't trust Gorf as much and still held to the idea that J was scum strongly. She mentioned her interaction with J when he told her to do a re-read and see his "true intent", and that every post he made was merely a guise of scumhunting and so calculated and fabricated to 'create the illusion of scumhunting'. J has made vague but non-commital stances, and seemed to try and divert away from his lynch of Garg's as well. (I'll be looking into this a bit more if I have to). Jakestan looks individually bad from J but she holds the opinion that J wouldn't connect his partners in such an obvious manner. (I agree with this). If J were to flip town then she believed Jakestan should be next to go merely on his own horrible play, highlighted by his off-base interactions and comments on the slot in particular, however, if J were to flip to scum, she'd like to believe that Jakestan was just inherently scummy. (I agree with this also.) She started to feel worse about Gorf and Fromarsh based on her re-read but by no means did she put them in priority, but believes that they shouldn't just be overlooked; Fromarsh did push J but didn't push him as hard as she'd like to, and seemed to be 'armchairing' too much for his own good. July wanted to see Fromarsh take more action towards his scum-reads and start pushing in a more 'sincere' way. She also didn't like Gorf's reaction to J's AtE, and the sudden decision to push another lynch for the day, and even though it worked out in our favor, the sudden switch raised an alarm for her considering J's AtE was bad in the first place. ( I agree with this...again.) His reads also seemed to pop out of nowhere, and he seemed hesitant to read Garg as scum (I especially agree with this, and why I cannot solidly town-read Gorf right now.) His interactions with Garg seem so blatantly opitmistic that they feel genuine, and his hop off my wagon also felt sincere where Gorf had an "Oh ****" moment of being on the wrong track. End the end, she still town-leans Gorf and has a slight town-lean of Fromarsh, but they shouldn't be ignored. (I agree with nearly all of this, we were on the same page for a lot of things, it's a shame she was nightkilled. :()

Reads:
Solid Town:
JULY
HONK
Riddick
Nich
Gheb (She didn't talk much about him, but his posts have been fairly reasonable and she has good vibes for them, but because of Gheb's skill and veteran status she is weary about some of his behavior, such as his 'standoffish' one after my wagon dissipated.)

Leaning town
RR
Gorf
Kary
FrozenMarsh
(July had a hard time with this sector, even though they're leaning town she urged that people not ignore them. Kary started off as a scum-read, along with RR, but she felt better about them so they're less of a priority, however Gorf and Fromarsh are in a different category for reasons already mentioned.

Leaning scum:
Jakestan (if J isn't scum)
J (if Jakestan isn't scum)

Me:
  • I talked about who we can agree who is town based on Garg's flip. I agreed that Riddick is pretty much town along with Nich, and that Riddick had all the chance to jump onto J but stuck with Garg, and I've felt good vibes about the slot in general.
  • Nich is also someone who I have solid town based on this, as he's just been generally townie and he was one of the first to get onto Garg.
  • I basically said what July said with Gorf, and felt that he was being non-commital with Garg and wishy-washy.
  • Fromarsh is in the same category of Gorf, and I want to trust him for now.\
  • I mentioned that Ryu reamins to be ryu, and poised the question of J/Ryu making sense. It doesn't really to me and J's hars-push on Ruy hardly lasted that long and I think J was just trying to save face.
I also had a thought that's mostly conjecture. I feel Garg's early play holds relevance. The interaction between him and Ryu with Ryu calling out his change of vote (about p3): is that a partner interaction? I'm sort of leaning on the opinion that it isn't, mostly because I feel like scumRuy wouldn't trivialize himself with something so worthless, and Garg's change of vote is so weird in that light. It almost feels like an appeal.

July's reads are essentially mine, however not as solid. Most of what she said is the same conclusions I came to therefore I won't just repeat them.

#HBC | ѕoup

You know you don't have to pad the Day out with stupid questions, right?

If I'm wrong about J it'll be a first, but I'm not going to roll over and die because of it. Why the **** should I?
You know you don't have to react so aggressively to everything, right?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , have any of the players in your original pool of easy to ML become scum reads to you?
You realize that two of them have posted jack all, and one is clear, right?

I don't like Nabe, but that's more from the impression that he's avoiding the thread than anything. Nothing to actually substantiate a scumread.

#HBC | ѕoup

You realize that two of them have posted jack all, and one is clear, right?

I don't like Nabe, but that's more from the impression that he's avoiding the thread than anything. Nothing to actually substantiate a scumread.
Post a read-list, elaborate as much as possible.

#HBC | ѕoup

Needs to die: J
Needs to post: Nabe, Fandangox
Needs to read the thread: Kary
Cmon, do you have a little more than that? Maybe? Your content is so little and I hardly know where you head is at because you're playing hardball with the whole thread for no reason.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If I had anything substantial to tell you beyond that J needs to die, I would.

If you want me to go into the nitty gritty of how I feel about every slot you're gonna need to buy me dinner or wait until I actually feel like it.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Come on Kary, quit being lazy. You've had all game to read the damn thread. This game is a super easy read on top of everything else.

Get to it when you can, but I dun wanna hear **** like "when I feel like it". You signed up for this game.

This goes double for Nabe.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i pointedly refuse to answer any of dabdabs dumb questions
Vote: Frozenmarsh751

You're not avoiding my questions, specifically bringing up an olllld post the way you did.

What about Kary just saying that as a means of fluff and trying to look proactive? How do you take him not being on the Garg wagon yesterday? I asked this same question to July in our QT but I never seemed to get an answer, something that was boggling my mind is if Kary would opt out of townie points on the Garg wagon and stay persistent on J instead, I don't see why he wouldn't go ahead and join but instead make this post showing hesitance at first:
You -could- look at Kary's intent that way, but as scum, really? I mean hell, as scum i'd personally loooooove to leave BW on the lynch table because he's such an easy ML to justify (no offense BW) Same with you because you get emotional in a bad way as town (flashbacks to FE:A), and then I forget who the last player in Kary's no lynch pool was...probs Jakestan the new guy? It's not like Kary saying that even accomplishes proactivity, in fact it's kind of the opposite because it's ignoring certain players. It doesn't even serve as fluff because it's making a claim and now Kary has to play with that claim in mind. So no, I don't think it serves to either provide fluff or look proactive.

Her post 652 was a hammer on Garg in spirit, IIRC was something along the lines of she is going to lynch later but there was still time for discussion in the day...then Garg self hammered as scum. *Sees you quoted that post* Yeah, it pretty much was a hammer on Garg because it's obvious Kary was going to hammer the slot. I think the more important thing is that Kary was fascinated with J yesterDay and didn't mention Garg until that 652, but with how little content Kary provided it's not like conclusions can be drawn yet besides the slot not wanting to commit to stances. I want to see more of her opinions toDay since she seems hard set on J (isn't everybody at this point?) but that's it.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Dislike dabuz marshy vote. Marshy ignoring questions is a solidly null trait of his and not good basis for a vote.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Aight i've been getting crashboards all day. TLDR is J is the lynch for toDay, I agree we should leave him at L-2 for the time being.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : readslist?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : I feel like you flipped from a null-town to an obvscum read on Garg yesterDay, was there anything that prompted that?

@Soup why did you claim I don't even.
I never town read Garg. My position on em is that he had a slow start and got in a position where he would look bad no matter what. After reading back though, and seeing his play AFTER the initial riddick pressure, the picture seemed pretty clear and his play was easier to interpret.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Meant to post this yesterday but I kept getting 405'd:

@Gheb You voted Kary in 520, why did you drop that vote later on?
Like I said before, I was willing to blatantly sheep literally any wagon that would've led to the lynches of Kary, Garg, J, Nabistan, Badwolf and maybe Gorf [though that one seems pretty unwarranted in hindsight]. My vote on Kary was a very functional and utilitarian one that used connections, inactivity and erratic behavior as its reasonable basis and would've done it. I also would've done the J lynch and had my vote there. I was also willing to lynch Garg. I had no preference. I didn't "drop" the vote as much as I simply moved it to the next best place.
Though since you mentioned Kary, I'd like to say that I doubt he'll be a good push should J flip scum.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.2

frozenmarsh751: Dabuz
Gorf
Kary
Soup
Rid****ulous:
Ridickkiculous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01
J:
Soup, Frozenmarsh751, Gorf
Dabuz
Nabe
Fandangox

Not voting:
Kary, Nicholas1024, Gheb, J, Nabe, Fandangox

Notes:

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is April 27th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Vote: Frozenmarsh751

You're not avoiding my questions, specifically bringing up an olllld post the way you did.

word? im pretty sure i am with the deftness

you dont KNOW about this deflection game bunzy boy!

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy

this is me continuing to not answer dabunzs questions

hey karebear get at my pm (not the quicktopic)

Top Bottom