• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
So I think I'll be heading up there this week if anyone wants to practice I guess (Probably staying at Carl's)

Havok417

Smash Rookie
I'm having the hardest time remembering the tags for some older FL smashers. I played against RockCrock and QueenDVS, and knew Zack Mooney, but I can't remember his Smash tag. Anyone remember?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Not going to lie,... been watching Evo and it makes me want to play Melee so bad. I haven't played either game in 7+ months.

edit: also I will be moving to Deltona (I think) at the end of the year (currently in Dunedin) in case anyone is mildly interested.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I know for a fact that there was a strong Brawl scene at FIU a couple of years back. I am wondering if anyone knows if that University still has a strong active smash scene? I am asking this because I will be entering there as a freshman (or wherever my credits end up placing me as) in the fall.

If so, are Smashfests/tournaments still common there?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I too would like to know if there are any smashfests here in the Orlando area but it seems like most are just hours away. Onithewolf, you could set up your own smashfests if the scene isn't all there.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
melee is currently being played at Flippers Cinema right now as i type

and oni i go to FIU so just message me some time when the semester starts and we'll organize something i know some people there that play

Rowen17

Smash Cadet
well, i'll be in the southwestern portion of florida for another week, so if anyone wants to play hit me up!! =)

btw, I'll be driving out to Miami for a day or 2 so if you're on the atlantic side maybe we can set something up?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Are people here against wifi? Would like to play some local people online. Don't feel like driving from place to place to people's homes I don't know well :l

Ray$

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Melee at Flippers on Monday. I haven't had that much fun playing in a long time, more people should start showing.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It's worth the practice honestly

I suppose you're right. But I kinda gave up on singles like 2 years ago. Was over the attitudes and saltiness. I prefer doubles because I like how chaotic it can get and less campy it is.

I'm going to be honest: I don't really like the FL Competitive scene. I cannot stand arrogance and I don't take disrespect from anyone. Not to say I've dealt with a lot of it personally, but I have seen it happen to others :l

I'm over High School shenanigans. But I digress. I found a group of people to "practice" with and maybe I'll give an ounce of care to get better at the game, even though I'm comfortable where I'm at. Winning is only a bonus for me. Taking stocks and potentially denting egos where deserved is fun :3

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
there's this guy who is holding a Project M thing. Look out for it.. somewhere. I'm too lazy and inconsiderate to pull out the link to point you in the right direction.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
He came to Jacksonville tourney I went to. We also had someone from VA. A jax local invasion O_o.

jk. GGs Wajet, mason and swordguard you three were really good.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i dont know about the brawl sfl scene. but melee in sfl is beeing played a lot. chops/clay/trikrome/spidersense/dop and way more ppl play the game here in fact the community has grown a lot in the past year.

Top Bottom