• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

AfroQT

Smash Master
My homeboy Mihe won Texas Showdown with Zero Virgil Dante... I'm sure he'd win a lot more too, but he doesn't even like the game and surely doesn't travel.

:phone:
Oh damn you got me, Zero has won a National. But Mihe does travel im pretty sure he was at FR. And he didnt win. What does him liking the game have to do with anything?

People hate on Marvel for no reason, the reality is that Marvel has a high skill cap and the game itself has more tech then any game out by far.

I'd also say its the most entertaining, and besides maybe SF4 (correct me if im wrong) has the biggest scene here in the U.S.

WorstGameBiggestScene gotbodied holdthat**** BBisstillassquitandplaygglol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not into BB all that much because I feel like it's just a watered-down, slower-paced version of GG. I also found that I just didn't like the cast of characters all that much (in their execution, anyway), and it took me until CSEX to finally find a main (Relius).

No hate, though. I own(*) a copy of the game and play it sometimes. I'm gonna pick up P4A when it drops; that game is looking really solid. GG's re-release is an obvious must-have for me, as it's my favorite 2-D fighter of all time.

I really don't understand all the hate anime fighters garner, too. Like, don't the characters and everything in non-anime fighters fall under the same archetypes but with a different pallette? Lol.

Smooth Criminal

DC

Smash Cadet
Actually I have a friend (also a BB player) who went to E3 and played a bit of P4U. He says it's really easy to pick up and full of reversals. Reversals + American players = lol

I think it will be insanely fun to play though, just about every character has a Blazblue counterpart and if the MLG picks it up I'm taking it serious as **** lol

AfroQT

Smash Master
People play UMVC and don't play BB for the same reason... hivemind mentality. Most people who don't play BB can't even explain why they don't like it, and those same people say they play UMVC because "everyone else does."

Air dasher/anime fighting games are picking up anyway. KOF XIII is getting huge, 1k entrants at EVO is amazing. Persona 4 might get big too, they are considering it for MLG that game is basically Blazblue 3 lol

Marvel is fun to watch though, but human beings are generally entertained by flashy fast moving things. It's always fun to watch long one hit death combos with all types of **** flying across the screen lol... look at Dragon Ball Z.

:phone:
For the record, i don't think anything is wrong with BB. I just don't like the game or the characters enough to play.

Marvel is godlike thats all there is too it haha.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i entered KOF at EVO, 50% for the shirt, and 50% for the fact that I actually do want to pick the game up. obviously I entered AE as well :laugh:

I've thought about playing around with marvel. Nothing really serious. I'd go Deadpool/Dr Doom/Iron Fist and never change my team cause I like those characters the most (aside from PW of course, but I dont feel like building an entire team around just him)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually I have a friend (also a BB player) who went to E3 and played a bit of P4U. He says it's really easy to pick up and full of reversals. Reversals + American players = lol

I think it will be insanely fun to play though, just about every character has a Blazblue counterpart and if the MLG picks it up I'm taking it serious as **** lol
I'm more hyped about the fact that the game looks fast. Not like, BB fast; Guilty Gear fast. Plus, I'm in love with the Burst system for P4U, which is more or less just like GG's Burst gauge except for that it can also be used for Roman Cancels.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
How could I forget about the dog that nobody ****ing plays. xD I'm guilty of not seeing very many Valks in action, much less any good ones. That was some pretty crazy stuff.

I dunno, man. I've watched a lot of match play for P4U and it just seems faster. Some characters (Yusuke and Chie, especially) and the way their players handle 'em instill that sorta "rush that **** down" kinda feeling in me. Reminds me a lot of the high level matches in GG where the footsies and the spacing blurred together and it was kinda like Marvel without all the **** on the screen.

You're probably right, though. We'll see. I'mma grab the **** when it comes out anyway.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think you can use meter for the RCs too, but I know for a fact that if you're not in a neutral state and you Burst it acts as an RC of sorts. It's obviously only good in the middle of combos.

The obvious exception is if you're in the middle of being comboed; that's considered a defensive Burst. What's really weird is that if you burst from a neutral state, it acts the same as an offensive Burst from GG and completely refills your meter.

I think it's kinda cool, tbh.

Here. It's under the "systems" heading.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom