• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First ever SWF Mystery Egg Night - SUCCESS! THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Mystery Egg Event

Join us SATURDAY (March 19th) at 10pm EST for the first ever Mystery Egg Event here at SWF. Here's how it works:

1. Breed three different pokémon to get three eggs ready in your boxes. DO NOT HATCH THE EGG!
2. Post your friend code/AIM account in this thread and join us at 10pm EST for the event.
3. Each player will engage in three different trades, allowing their trading partner to pick an egg from the remaining available eggs. The goal here is to get three new "mystery" eggs and end up with none of your own.
4. If there are lots of participants, we may extend trading beyond the original three, meaning eggs rotate even further away from the original breeder.
5. Everyone then has 30 minutes to hatch their eggs, raise their pokémon to level 5 and get ready for a battle!
6. We'll then do some battles using only the pokémon we hatched from our mystery eggs. Depending on how many people we have, we may do round-robin, a mini tournament or just assign some random battle partners and have fun.

Some special rules and considerations:
1. I suggest you only breed eggs of pokémon that have an evolution. Pokémon that do not evolve generally have higher stats and may make the event less fun for those who have to battle them.

2. Magikarp and Ditto are banned. Do not pass eggs of either of these pogeys. We want people to actually be able to USE the pokémon they hatch from your mystery egg.

3. Try to breed pokemon that you think would be fun to use. This is not cut-throat. It's for fun. Got a type that you REALLY love? Breed three of those! Got a favorite pokemon this generation? Share it with us. Hopefully we all get exposed to some new pogeys through this.

4. Be prepared for fun battles. We'll only be bringing three pokémon so we might do a 3v3 or a rotation battle if that's what people want.

I know this is kinda short notice, but I wanted to keep it small this time so we can figure out the mechanics. That way if we do a big one, it will run more smoothly. A couple of mods will be participating, so maybe I'll convince them to give away some prizes... but don't hold your breath.

I'll send out a group chat invite when 10pm rolls around.

FINAL RESULTS
1. M3D
2. Ismar
3. MetaKirby
4. ChiboSempai
5. Reflex
6. Mic128
7. Densebi

Best Pokemon
Dwebble - Bred by Mic, trained by M3D

Best Breeder
Ismar - for his chain-breeding nonsense to get his Snivy a bunch of egg moves.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Seems as though we won't have enough to do this properly. So let's go ahead and plan ahead for a Saturday meet-up at 10pm. Should give everyone enough time to catch a female/ditto and do some breeding. Sign up and I'll see you all then.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A couple of mods will be participating, so maybe I'll convince them to give away some prizes... but don't hold your breath.
You may now begin to hold your breath. I've got something in mind...

Octave

Smash Ace
This sounds amazing. Thankfully, I'll be home and able to do it! Stupid campus internet not having accessible wifi. >>

I'll post my code on Friday when I get it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guess with that, I'll reserve a post here for later. Already got some mint ideas in mind, hope this does well.

Mikel IsmaR(AIM) / Isshu(White) - 2923 8558 3136

D

Deleted member

is this strictly 5th or 4th gen? I still have some perfect eggs laying around my boxes (riolu, gible and ghastly come to mind).

jason i'd like to catch you on aim soon regardless. have some weird stuff to ask you personally.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It's 5th gen, but you are free to use pokes from earlier generations if you prefer.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Oh gawd. First thing came to mind was magikarap.

I think that if I participate I will breed super duper powerful pokemon. Or give out like...dunsparce eggs.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Quick reminder to post your Friend Code/AIM account here and join us on Saturday night for the funsies. Mic has put together a profile award for anyone who participates, so it'll be a fun way to show your support for the pokémon players here at SWF. Also, its not restricted to people who have accounts here. So feel free to invite your poké-friends.

Octave

Smash Ace
0561-6413-4794/OctaveSWF

I don't have AIM installed and am not fond of the idea of reinstalling it. I've got skype though.

edit: or it looks like I need it, don't I. brb, making a new account I guess

M.K

Level 55
FC :
2580 2414 2779

AIM:
MetaKirbeh

PLEASE tell me when we're about to start, I don't wanna miss this!
Got all my eggs ready too. So, how is this gonna work (aka who do I have to register etc etc.)?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Invites will go out for AIM chatroom right before 10pm. Have your eggs ready for trade and if you have time, try to add everyone that has posted their friend code here in your game. That should speed up the trading process.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
4341-1822-1645
AIM invites coming from "j3stripes"

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Chat Room is "swfmysteryegg" in case you missed the invites

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok anybody mind helping me here?

My internet was gay so my AIM disconnected and half an hour later it still won't let come in

Do I still get to do this or what?

EDIT:

DAMMIT I THOUGHT I WAS EDITING NOT POSTING A NEW ONE

Octave

Smash Ace
Looks like I'll have to do the next one :urg: I was really looking forward to this too.

Ah well... You guys got me to catch a female Karrablast with an Adamant nature at least, and the male was Adamant too. And I only caught two total ._.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Densebi, did you hatch your dudes? Try to get back onto AIM. We're starting battles. [/color]

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Densebi, just try to battle me. I see you online. It's Odin and I'm a scientist.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
waiting on your to join me.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Densebi vs reflex, consolation match GO!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I had ":(" the Oshawott (came with Surf/Ice Beam/Scald), ":/" the Psyduck (basic), and ":(((" the Tynamo (LAME).

I sent out at least one Petilil and Sandile (with Counter!). If there was a Drain Punch Scraggy, it was mine. If not, my third was another Petilil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom