• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fire emblem

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Played the first 15 or so chapters of FE6. Played the first 5 or so chapters of FE5. Played through FE7; Lyn and Eliwood hard mode complete, played first 15 (not including chapters 1-10 (Lyn hard mode)) or so chapters of Hector hard mode. Played through hard mode of FE8 because that game is so horrendously easy it's stupid.
oh, and lololololo, I think I played 23 chapters with my FE7 "use only pre-promoted characters' game.

hooray me

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
nooooo marth should have been out and hector and ike should have been in.

honestly there should have been a sword lord - Ike an axe lord - hector and a lance lord - effrin or whatever his name is.

btw the story of path of radiance is really good im playing it and i like it alot so plese dont spoil the story at all in this thread.
thats actualy kindof dum
marth = main of fire emblem(sorta)
in ssb4 there should be ike,marth and someone from the newest game at that time and its gonna be fe7 remake so eliwood(with roy as a alternate costume) and hector will be in(just a crazy wild guess) :) this way everyone happy
ephraim is also awesome but his game was not that good:(

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
whats marth speed in FE 1 and 3 cause out of all the fire emblems ive played i think ike is the fastest lord in them except for maybe lyn. but ike had a 28 speed cap in PoR and a 30 during his hero class which should be pretty much like the normal class change from all the other games

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah but Vanguard is a third class. Of course his stats are going to be higher than Lyn second class.

Is it just me or should this be in the Light House by now?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The video game section. As this is the IKE section discussion of games should be in the game section but who cares really?

If Ike was in his RD form he would be SO good. He looks like Guts. How can you mess with Guts? His Final Smash would have him stick his sword in the ground and then he would beat people with Final Destination. XD

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
lol this was supposed to be a thread to see who uses ike but it became a f.e discussion bu i dont mind

KCFreedom18

Smash Rookie
Actually, Ike's second class in Radiant Dawn has a cap equal to Lyns,as well as a base to easily reach the cap. Not to mention that he isn't incumberd by the CON system.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
what i ment by his 2nd class was when he was Hero don't know if anyone got confused cause of that or not and i actually miss the con system the AS is to simple now and with 3rd classes its pretty much just there speed because no weapon weighs over 30 strength. the only one who may not have enough strength is sanaki i think.

something that i didnt like with radiant dawn is that skills are to over powered and they don't even matter any more since every major boss at the end has nihil. the black knight fight should have been as hard as the other one one time i killed the black knight in one turn got a critical with uravan.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Fire emblem is good. Ike isnt even my best character and ive played through nearly every english FE game and beaten it on hard without losing a single character(restarting some missions was required).
Ike is my 2nd best character but whats funny is ive played through tons of FE games and while wolf is my main ive never touched a star fox game.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I've played the whole FE series, and my favorites happen to be Ike's games. As such, I was pretty happy when it was first announced he would be in Brawl.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i've never played any FE game,. (but i plan on playign them all very soon)

marth is seriously gay.

ike is cool but his sword is gold, and sounds more like a hammer when it hits...

roy... is the freakin man, and i wanna stab whoever said "lets just take roy out, problem solved"

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
which one is better
It is a matter of opinion really but if I were to suggest any it would be Fire Emblem 7(just Fire Emblem everywhere but Japan) or 9(Path of Radiance, the one with Ike). Both are hard to find now so you may have to look for a used copy.
8 (sacred stones) is usually not very popular because it is very easy, but that would not really affect someone new to the games.
10 (Radiant Dawn), you should try to play another FE first. It is a sequel to 9 so you will be a bit lost with many characters, but that does not matter too much, what does is that it is a bit difficult in the beginning for those that have not played a FE before.

I say look for 7 or 9, they would be good choices.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't get why Ike is slow in brawl if he is fastest Lord there is... well 2nd if only going by 2nd class. Marth i think is slower than Ike in game <_<

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
i think all lords are = speed if you go by the 1st class cause doesn't every skill but luck cap at 20? going by games though he is the 2nd fastest in 9 and his FE 10 version is the fastest

i think FE 7 and 9 are the best because they have the best stories and thats what matters to me the most. i like FE7 a lot because it has all the different stories and theres different chapters that you can go to. PoR just had a great story and ike

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
All these are titled by the American release:
"Fire Emblem": After Melee came out, Nintendo saw how much people liked Marth...So they threw this out there for the fans of the game to eat up.

This game stars Lyn (Assist Trophy in Brawl) Eliwood, (Roy's father) and Hector, (Um...Yea,) as they uncover an evil plot that is meant to bring Dragons back into the realm of man. Love the story.

Very basic gameplay, but very strategy oriented. And, like with all Fire Emblem games, you can get each character to interact with a few others to reveal more about the person (doing this also raised both characters stats whenever they were within 2 spaces of each other.)

"Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones." After raising everyone's hopes with Roy running around as a little boy at the end of the first game, Nintendo released this. Probably to piss off people like me who wanted to see what Roy could actually do.

This story revolves around Erika (I think that's how you spell it?) and Ephriam. (zomg <3) It starts off in the middle of a war, with Ephriam heading the front lines against the enemy army. Unfortunatly, the line is broken, and their homeland is turned to rubble. Later in the game you can choose from one of the two characters. They find that monsters are starting to attack their world, and seek to end the raid.

This game was different. The gameplay was, mostly, the same except for two things. One, you could go back to any map and fight monsters or get items if yours broke. Two, you could choose between two classes when your character advanced class, making some characters unbelievable strong (Gerik. One shot on the final boss ftw. <3)

"Fire Emblem, Path of Radience" Expecting Roy yet? I LOL AT YOU. However, this game is where Ike first makes his appearance. Being a Gamecube game, the expectations were low (seeing as the last time the FE franchise hit 3-d graphics, it failed on the N64.) However, with beautiful (albeit short and few) CG sutscenes and an amazing story, this game went above what people were expecting.

In this game, you start off with Ike. A budding Mercenary who is trying to fit in his father's footsteps. His father leads the Greil Mercenaries, a small group. However, this is filled with many talented characters, even if they don't always get along..

The gameplay for this was great. With customizable weapons, diverse characters, actual abilities (Aether <3 Even though I like Sol/Luna better...) great graphics, this is by far one of the best ones. Also added is the ability to level up into the next class, rather than having to find certain items to advance a characters rank. There is a lot more to this game, and if you're just starting off as a Fire Emblem player, I'd suggest this over the rest.

...Unfortunatly, I have yet to get the newest one, so I can't give any advice about that, but I heard that it punishes much worse than any of the other games if you slip up. </3

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
I don't get why Ike is slow in brawl if he is fastest Lord there is... well 2nd if only going by 2nd class. Marth i think is slower than Ike in game <_<
Also, about this...I haven't seen Marth's stats, but yes, Ike is FAST. He's also a heavy armor user, and amazingly strong. However, due to the last two facts stated, they had to gimp his speed so that it would be fair. Could you imagine a full speed Ike wreaking havoc all over a stage like FD? Or worse, BF? They most likely knew that someone would catch this, and decided to give him his ->B to show his speed.

Sorry for the double post! ^_^;

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Roy came out in FE6 its kind of like star wars they went back in time and told the original story i should get around to beating FE6 i stopped half way cause i just think the story is awful

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Also, about this...I haven't seen Marth's stats, but yes, Ike is FAST. He's also a heavy armor user, and amazingly strong. However, due to the last two facts stated, they had to gimp his speed so that it would be fair. Could you imagine a full speed Ike wreaking havoc all over a stage like FD? Or worse, BF? They most likely knew that someone would catch this, and decided to give him his ->B to show his speed.

Sorry for the double post! ^_^;
>_> Did they realize how much Ike would be lacking with bad speed AND recovery WITHOUT a projectile. How could they not give him one! Ragnell was made to throw one.

they could have made him a tiny bit faster and MAAAAYBE let you aether after QD. OR give Ike a projectile if you are gonna keep him that slow >_>

oh well, nothing is gonna change now, just gotta deal with what we have.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
...Unfortunatly, I have yet to get the newest one, so I can't give any advice about that, but I heard that it punishes much worse than any of the other games if you slip up. </3
Yeah the one for the Wii likes to punish you early on but it is strange. In case you do not know, it is separated into 4 parts.

Part 1: extremely week units along with a somewhat annoying story, if not a bit rushed.
Part 2: new people (mostly from PoR), it is not bad. Story is a bit out of place and unnecessary.
Part 3:
Ike shows up along with everyone else from PoR,
everyone is good and it has the best story of all the parts in my opinion. The part 1 team shows up as well for some chapters (the only real difficult chapters. If your under leveled, you might be in a bit of trouble. )
Part 4: everyone joins together, you get overpowered units, everyone is maxing stats. The easiest part.

So basically, the difficulty goes down the further you go.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
>_> Did they realize how much Ike would be lacking with bad speed AND recovery WITHOUT a projectile. How could they not give him one! Ragnell was made to throw one.

they could have made him a tiny bit faster and MAAAAYBE let you aether after QD. OR give Ike a projectile if you are gonna keep him that slow >_>

oh well, nothing is gonna change now, just gotta deal with what we have.
Forward B shoulda been something like the animal's shadow dash thing, since that's what the critical looks like.

B could have been a (telegraphed) ranged attack.

I'm fine with Aether, but Final Smash could have been Sol/Luna. Just 'cause 'tis sexy. And..Basically Great Aether, with cooler effects.

The more I play with Ike, though, the more I fall in love with his Aerial attacks. They strong and, even though very telegraphed, great moves.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Played every game in the series except Radiant Dawn (haven't gotten a chance to finish path of radiance yet).

That includes the Japanese-only releases, FE 4 is still my favorite game of all time.

Top Bottom