• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

camerino1

Smash Lord
I couldn't find any thread on this awesome series here. That makes me sad. D:

But anyway, this thread is all about the strategy RPG series called Fire Emblem. It's made by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. 6 games were only released in Japan, while the 5 after that were released worldwide, thanks to Marth and Roy getting popular in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Overall, this is my absolute favorite series, and I think it's really underrated. Hopefully in time, as more games are released worldwide, it'll gain the fame and popularity I believe it deserves! :D So, discuss anything and everything Fire Emblem here, be it favorite characters, games, classes, weapons, maps, and more. I'll give you a quick scoop on my favorite things about the series!

Character: Edward.
Game: Radiant Dawn.
Weapon: Tarvos.
Class: Trueblade or Marksman, hard to say.
Map: The one with the Laguz river in part 3-6!

I love Edward, he's my favorite FE unit and probably always will be. He has amazing growths and is held back by the caps that the Trueblade has, and they aren't even bad. He is in from level one and is the only one there that can take a hit and give back without dying, so he is needed for a while. Such amazing growth rates!

Ike is an awesome unit, I wont deny it one bit. That guy is in at all the right times and never lags behind. His speed and resistance are the only "meh" thing about him.

I am using Leo + Eddie in my latest playthrough of RD, Hard mode, and they are both FANTASTIC. Leo has nearly maxed every stat in tier 1, and Eddie is the same thing. My Nolan has 12 speed at level 15... I'm hurting BADLY. My disk also stalls when a battle animation involving a dragon rider, so Haar and Jill CAN'T be played sadly...

Big edit!!!: New game in the series, FE13 has a new world and new units that promise to be a fun time. The lord looks like a regal version of Ike, if you ask me :p. I don't own a 3DS yet, but for this I'm willing to get one. Hopefully we get another on home console too on the WiiU.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
To be said, Fire Emblem is getting more fame so it's not underrated. So far Advance Wars and Fire Emblem is my favorite Strategy RPG games so far, I'm not sure if this thread has been created before so I guess this will last.

D

Deleted member

I love this series so much. I love strategy games, I've been playing them on PC for as long as I can remember, and I love a game with a truly epic story. Nintendo basically threw those together, added RPG elements, and we have a truly awesome game.

My only fear is as Nintendo becomes more casualized, Fire Emblem will gradually lose it's audience :(.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
But it doesn't have the fame that series such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Pokemon have. D:

I personally think FE is the best series ever. <3

It also has the best video game music I've ever heard. My top five favorite video game songs are all from FE. The sixth is a Zelda song, then probably more FE music. XD

Deception

Smash Ace
We meet again, my lady.

Anyways, FE7 ranks as my favorite in the series as of now. I haven't finished any of the other FE games due to lack of interest. But I have FE4 and FE6 on my person now, so I hope to actually start them someday when I'm not distracted by my other interests.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, we do. XD

FE7 is indeed an awesome game. I love all the FE games I've played though, as I said before. :p

Btw, peeps, I just remembered that a close friend of mine on another forum is an Ike fan too. x3

D

Deleted member

hmm, if you ever go through the game, try this-

Mia/Boyd A support (fire/fire)
Give Boyd Urvan and a Tomahawk and Shove Colossus Resolve Adept
Give Mia a Killing Edge and forge a Silver Sword with it's best possible stats and a Goddess Card from the coin bonus. You should get a sword with 18 Mt, 115 Hit, 30 Crit, and 5 Wt. Then give her Vantage Shove Astra Crit +20 Resolve Gamble.
Equip Urvan and the forged Silver Sword.
Keeping them within 3 spaces of each other, try to throw them into the most dangerous places possible for the entire game.

This is by far the most fun thing in the game. Although Ena with max HP/def/res and imbue is close.

etc.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Dang.

Who knew Boyd could be such a beast?! :o

I knew that guy was awesome. <3

EDIT: Oh yeah, you all want to get Ike and Oscar A support too. They're so freaking beastly as a result. I could get Ike to take out whole armies for crying out loud in PoR. Oscar was my best Paladin and got even better than Geoffrey and Titania in the same game. <3 Oscar too.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
This is an amazing series. It may not have the cachet of some of Nintendo's other series, but man, although I love my whimsy, some seriousness is great at times too.

Can't get enough of the characters, either. It's minimalist and subtle, but each and every character I recruited in PoR (the only FE game I've been able to play so far) was characterized in all the right little ways so as to make them appear real and fleshed-out. And of course, permanent death is excellent - I replayed like every level OVER AND OVER AGAIN just because I would've felt bad if I'd let anybody die.

Almost like I felt responsible for their safety as a commander O_o

Although Tanith's Peg Knights witnessed quite a number of suicidal charges and sacrificial defences, so I don't know XD

I recently decided I need to play every FE game now, but...I don't think I'm equipped for it :s
I can get close.

D

Deleted member

Dang.

Who knew Boyd could be such a beast?! :o

I knew that guy was awesome. <3

EDIT: Oh yeah, you all want to get Ike and Oscar A support too. They're so freaking beastly as a result. I could get Ike to take out whole armies for crying out loud in PoR. Oscar was my best Paladin and got even better than Geoffrey and Titania in the same game. <3 Oscar too.
if you put savior on oscar and rescue ike, he can't take damage on the two hardest trial maps in PoR (the ship and the island ones) so you can unequip his weapon and just watch the screen get covered in red units. it's a fun time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If my PoR wasn't fried, I would replay it, get Soren and Ike friendship level A and get the last story in RD. But to do that I have to find a used PoR since I can't see any being new now but on Ebay.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
hmm, if you ever go through the game, try this-

Mia/Boyd A support (fire/fire)
Give Boyd Urvan and a Tomahawk and Shove Colossus Resolve Adept
Give Mia a Killing Edge and forge a Silver Sword with it's best possible stats and a Goddess Card from the coin bonus. You should get a sword with 18 Mt, 115 Hit, 30 Crit, and 5 Wt. Then give her Vantage Shove Astra Crit +20 Resolve Gamble.
Equip Urvan and the forged Silver Sword.
Keeping them within 3 spaces of each other, try to throw them into the most dangerous places possible for the entire game.

This is by far the most fun thing in the game. Although Ena with max HP/def/res and imbue is close.
Sounds interesting, although I prefer soloing Nephenee with low health with Wrath early in the game, just get her surrounded and no one can hit her, and then she crits them.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey guys, did you all know there's a lot of fan speculation about a third game featuring Ike? I mean look at the factors. Ike left Tellius forever (kind of like Link leaving Hyrule at the end of Zelda OoT, if you think about it) to explore new lands, which could set up for yet another game with him in it. Plus, he hasn't married yet lol. All other lords have, I think.

I started writing a fanfic as an RD sequel too, now that I think about it. I called it Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness, to carry on the title thing. You know, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Dawn of Darkness. Ike isn't the most major character though, since I actually don't want him to be. xP Instead there's a new lord working together with him, kind of like Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn in FE7. She's a female too, cause I think we need more female lords who actually bear the lord class (unlike Micaiah). I also had Elincia leave Geoffrey for Ike. Hahaha. Okay not really, Elincia loved Ike the whole time, but a misunderstanding (has to do with the rumors from RD) led to her marrying Geoffrey instead

Really, I think IkexElincia was originally intended in PoR due to all the hints, but was scrapped in RD. Perhaps they're saving it for this speculated third game? :chuckle:

Nnoilalala

Smash Cadet
Oh, hey guys, did you all know there's a lot of fan speculation about a third game featuring Ike? I mean look at the factors. Ike left Tellius forever (kind of like Link leaving Hyrule at the end of Zelda OoT, if you think about it) to explore new lands, which could set up for yet another game with him in it. Plus, he hasn't married yet lol. All other lords have, I think.

Really, I think IkexElincia was originally intended in PoR due to all the hints, but was scrapped in RD. Perhaps they're saving it for this speculated third game? :chuckle:
That would suck. I' like the ending as it is.
Anyway if it's a new game would there be a whole new cast of characters with Ike, since he left? Or would it be with everyone except for Ike?
What about Ranulf and Soren? would they be Ike or not? would only 1 be, if so who?

Also I'd say there's about 0% chance for Elincia and Ike, didn't she like marry Geoffery if it gets to A?
If he has to get married, there's always Aimee though :)

It would be better to have a whole new game.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hello. Thought I'd drop by since I love Fire Emblem as well - my avatar's from a FE site. Uh, and I agree that there should be a new game in the series - new kingdoms and new people. And they should return the Skill sytem from RD and PoR that somehow was missed in SD....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The Arenas were cool. But I liked it better in Rd and PoR because they were more realistic - I hate how castles and towns are as big as your people in the DS/GBA games.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
That would suck. I' like the ending as it is.
Anyway if it's a new game would there be a whole new cast of characters with Ike, since he left? Or would it be with everyone except for Ike?
What about Ranulf and Soren? would they be Ike or not? would only 1 be, if so who?

Also I'd say there's about 0% chance for Elincia and Ike, didn't she like marry Geoffery if it gets to A?
If he has to get married, there's always Aimee though :)

It would be better to have a whole new game.
Are you kidding? Ike runs from Aimee. XD

Anyway, I had Elincia technically leave Geoffrey to find Ike in my story, but I'm sure there's a million ways to get Elincia away from Geoffrey and into Ike's arms. xP I think it'd be a cool twist having this happen, actually.

And I had Ike, Ranulf, and Elincia with a new set of characters. I also created a few new classes.

And I think either a third Tellius Series game or a brand new one would be awesome.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
They never have more then 2 games on one continent, unless it's a remake (like FE11). Ike's story is done. And they happened to end to in such a way there is a million flamewars about Ike's sexuality. >_> Yippee.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't mean they can't start having FE trilogies. Besides, if Ike finally married a girl, people would stop arguing about his sexuality. >_>

EDIT: Besides, this game would not take place in Tellius, since Ike left.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've decided to make a lord FE tier list going from FE7 up, since I've played them all.

Hector
Ike

High
Ephraim
Eliwood
Marth

Mid
Eirika
Lyn

Low/Bottom
Micaiah

The only placement I'd say is questionable right now is Marth because I've only played maybe 5 or 6 chapters of Shadow Dragon.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, a few changes I would make, Ike is like a one man army, I would put him at the highest, Marth is much better than Eliwood, I would put him as at least one or two places higher, and Lyn is definitely stronger than Eirika, so I would place here higher. Other than that, I'm ok with it. =D

What about Roy?
His Fire Emblem didn't come in the US, it doesn't count, LAMO.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've decided to make a lord FE tier list going from FE7 up, since I've played them all.
Someone didn't read my whole post. Also, I've never played Roy's game, so I can't place him anyway.

EDIT: Viper: The reason I put Hector at the top is because I've heard from the majority that he barely beats Ike in terms of statistics and such. It seems true anyway, even though I keep losing Hector in my game. >_>

I also remember hearing Eirika's strength is the same as Ike's, whose strength is really good, but whatevs. :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hmm... I never really liked any of the new Fire Emblem games compared to the older ones.
FE4 is my favorite out of the series. I still need to buy Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What about Roy?
Roy sort of sucks...
Badly. >_>

He doesn't promote until about four chapters from the end, one if you don't get the true ending. So he ends up pretty frail for a good portion of a game that can get quite ruthless at times...
Though he does get his Sword of Seals on promotion, which is a godly weapon.

There's also a lot of godly characters in FE6 that completely overshadow Roy. He's more of a forced handicap until he promotes, then he's meh. :ohwell:

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah probably sucks more lol. She has terrible stat growths overall and her promotions don't even help her get better. I've tried leveling her up a lot via bonus experience and such, but she still comes out bad. And I laugh at that because I never liked her anyway. lol

D

Deleted member

God I hated Micaiah. I leveled her up maybe twice in that game? I honestly don't use mages at all, lol. I just sell all the magic I get.

Oh, and Marth should be at least 1 higher on the list in my opinion.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
I hated her too. Not only was she a terrible character in terms of statistics, but I hated her personality too. For the longest time she acted stuck up and anti-Ike. Ugh. >_>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Micaiah is the best Magic user in RD. And how do you not like her character? She's so **** pure it's just cute. >.<

D

Deleted member

Nah, I think it's cute when a girl has a little edge to her, for example Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright. Micaiah was one of the goody-goodies I dislike, coupled with the fact she is a magic user (hate them) explains my distate for the character.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Franziska character is more sexier than cute, her having a whip is just pushing it. =P

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah is the best Magic user in RD. And how do you not like her character? She's so **** pure it's just cute. >.<
Best magic user? In her dreams she is. Soren, Rhys, Bastian, and maybe even Ilyana surpass her. Bastian definitely does.

Also:

:chuckle:

(recolored by me)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Ah a good FE thread, I have played all the fire emblem games that have hit the US. I would get the ones in japan on my computer but I am lazy. Anyway I can not decide which one of the games I like the best ( Fire Emblem GBA (Hector=broken) Fire Emblem ST, Fire Emblem PR, Fire Emblem RD, Fire EMblem SD DS). But apart from that my favorite weapon in all the games were tombs and not to mention Dark Tombs ( or elder magic).
So far my favorite character from RD and PR was Oliver :)

Character: Oliver
Game: Radiant Dawn
Weapon: Light Tomb ( I used Nosferatu, Valaura, or rexaura)
Class: Saint
Map: It dosen't matter he ***** with nosferatu

Oliver was my favorite enemy in PD but sadly he was not much of a boss for that really long chapter in the forest. BUt you did get the sweet light tomb from him. I was so happy seeing him come back in RD and I recruited him as soon as possible. The great thing about Oliver is he makes a great back up saint, but even if I have tons of magic users I still take him to the last chapters. He can take a good beating and heal with nosferatu when he takes damage. He may not use dark magic but I still love him and his beauty. It was always fun making him fight his superiors in the RD. He is a pretty good unit seeing how late you get him in the game.

I give him and 8 or 7 out of 10

§leepy God

Smash Master
No down talk about Micaiah. D:<

Also Micaiah stats is pretty good for a magic user, she's the best healer in the game as well. The problem is that you have to baby her for her to be useful, if you don't, you'll regret it because you have to play her at the end. Plus give her Nosferatu and she's god because it's hard to kill her with that.

I love Oliver theme, but the character himself, if you raise Rhys or Micaiah well, then he's just an option and not the "must play" chose.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I don't really remember well (Only rented it once and never played it again) but there was this girl in both the first and the second game with Ike that could use spears. She felt a little cold but she made up for it in her skills to completely mop the floor with the opponents, but I heard she got nerfed in the second or something. She was like turquoise-ish, long hair, soldier looking type?

§leepy God

Smash Master
You mean this character?

If yes, then your news you heard was false, she's one of the best characters in this game, she's fast, and she does a lot of damage.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
No down talk about Micaiah. D:<

Also Micaiah stats is pretty good for a magic user, she's the best healer in the game as well. The problem is that you have to baby her for her to be useful, if you don't, you'll regret it because you have to play her at the end. Plus give her Nosferatu and she's god because it's hard to kill her with that.

I love Oliver theme, but the character himself, if you raise Rhys or Micaiah well, then he's just an option and not the "must play" chose.
I still use Oliver no matter what and heck I bring as many magic users as possible even pealless (however you spell it). He has has good stats but like you said is not 'must play'

With Silver Hair, she is a pain to keep alive thanks to that crappy defense, she will become very good as she hits hits 2nd and definitely third class. I just find it to time and exp consuming to train her. I usually just have her strong enough to suriviv the Goddesess far range attack.

Luz you guys already seen all the support talk oliver and silver hair get right :laugh:

Hello, Duke Tanas. I trust you don't need my help.

Duke Tanas, I'd like to go with you. I want to, um...fight beside you.

Duke Tanas... I know everybody thinks you're horrible because of what you've done in the past. But not me! I think you just need different hobbies! I'd be glad to model for a sculpture when this is all over.

Oliver gets all that is beautiful >_>

Top Bottom