• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Beat!

Smash Master
Nich:
You had me there for a while, during D2. Too bad you dropped the case so quickly. *Sigh of relief*.
You should've trusted your doubt in OS, although I guess that's easy to say when you know he's scum :D

Rajam:
Good thing you didn't notice those scummy things until post-game ^^. Well played anyway. Good thing we had OS to make sure we all fit in flavour-wise too ^^.

GLG:
You weren't supposed to notice my buddying >:[.
You could've probably dealt some damage to us if you had posted more, since you were confirmed town.

Raziek:
That claim made it sort of easy to put focus on you, which was kind of sad, because I thought you played good otherwise. Like you said, you did pin a few of us.

Ran:
Sorry for being so aggressive towards your player slot, but you made it kind of easy to put focus on you :p. And wth was up with your D3 play?

Zen:
I felt kinda bad voting you after how friendly you had been during D1. But you know... I was scum :p. Well played.

X1:
Why did you replace out :[
I was afraid you would be able to get OS lynched after a while.

Adumb:
Lol unlynchable vig. Damn we got lucky there.

Luxor:
Sorry for killing you :[ You played good mid-D1 IMO

Vult:
You had your eyes on me for a while as well. We were lucky we were able to kill you before you could use your second revive.

BeatStick <3
Lol pr0

Red Ryu <3
It was fun playing with you. You were good. Although I was convinced you would get lynched several times XD.

OS <3
'Dis guy. MVP. Thanks for all the advice and stuff (and for carrying this game like np). I still don't understand how you were able to track down BOTH indies.

Nabe <3
You were also really good. Got a bit sad when you got abducted :[. But hey, we won anyway.

Cdubs:
Unlucky slip, but you were probably going to die anyway. Can't do much against a cop claim in that situation :/.

FF:
I was absolutely terrified everytime you mentioned/adressed me. I've heard of the legendary scum hunter :p. I guess the inactivity combined with you being indy helped out a bit there.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Outside looking in, I don't think the setup leaned too heavily toward mafia.

Indys could have done so much more damage and, considering town mislynched errday, it was just good mafia play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good stuff. OS beasted this I must say.

But if you eliminate everyone with an axe, you have a 100% chance at eliminating the axe murderer =D
Unless the axe murderer hides his axe, like every good one does. =P

@Nich

You've got the "me too" syndrome. I never really saw that from you since you kinda go ape once you're unleashed, but now that you mention it you're right. You rarely make the case yourself.

X1 has been the biggest "me too" I've seen. He's started to try to make his own cases but tunnels like you and hasn't quite figured out how to not undermine his own creidibility.

You should make it a point to find one scum player on your own next game you're town. You've got the ability to do it, so I dunno why you need someone else to piggyback off of XD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
D1 start: 10v4v2
N1 start: 10v3v2 - lynch mafia
D2 start: 7v3v2 - 1 abduct, 1 SK kill, 1 maf kill
N2 start: 7v2v2 - lynch mafia
D3 start: 3v2v2 - 1 abduct, 1 SK kill, 1 maf kill, 1 vig kill.
Or lynch all indies (I'm gonna be generous and assume we don't waste a lynch on unlynchable scum).

Or Vig gets nk'd, reviver gets nk'd, SK and abductor get lynched. Frankly, beatstick survived the SK and the vig, only mafia or abductor could win.

Which especially blows cause I only could kill every other night.

@nic: Realize I COULDN'T take leadership, realize I was very much an ace in the hole type role, if mafia didn't think they could get me lynched then I was an obvious NK target. Of course that went to hell in a handbasket when my MM partner was the abductor, I gather that he wanted me gone cause he realized I'd be able to pick out the abductor well and especially pick up on him being the abductor.

Granted, I was inactive for the reasons I said, but I could've utilized it better if I'd been trying to be obvious-town. I had a plan.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Adum pointed out to me that Town could lynch scum every day and still lose the game by D3
Given perfect scenarios and independent scum crossover, yes.

Redirect vig on even numbered Nights (+1 kill on even)
SK (+1 kill erryday)
Mafia kill (+1 kill erryday)
Abduction (+1 removal erryday)
Lynch scum (-1 scum player)

gives a 4/5/4 result.

10 town / 4 scum / 2 indie scum

-1 scum / - 3 town

7 town / 3 scum / 2 indie scum

-1 scum / - 4 town

3 town / 2 scum / 2 indie scum

-1 scum / -3 town

1 scum / 2 indie scum

Abductor lynched

+3 town

-2 town

3 town / 1 scum / 1 indie scum

1 town / 1 scum / 1 indie scum

SK wins unless 1 town is soren, in which case soren helps lynch the SK and seals scum.

But that's assuming worst possible NAR by town and not killing the independents. Under the same guise as before, but this time killing the SK first and Abductor second:

-1 indie scum / - 2 town

8 town / 4 scum / 1 indie scum

-1 indie scum / - 2 town (redirected vig)

6 town / 4 scum

-1 scum / - 1 town

5 town / 3 scum

-1 scum / - 2 town

3 town / 2 scum

-1 scum / -1 town

2 town / 1 scum

-1 scum

Town wins with two remaining.

This is all not including the +2 revives (grand total of +1 townie due to Mist dying) and the +3 seals (given a 100% town success rate, they'd get rid of the redirector on even numbered nights to improve town's kill ratio to -1 indie scum / -2 mafia scum, ending the game if four days losing only three townies and gaining one of them back for a final count of eight townies.

This also implies there is no negative indie / scum interaction. Given optimum town play and sub-optimum indie/scum play the game would have played like this:

10 town / 4 scum / 2 indies

-1 mafia scum

Abductor abducts mafia roleblocker
SK kills redirector
Mafia targets SK, fails
SK gives Soren two ability uses
Soren uses seal on mafia bulletproof on D1

10 town / 1 scum / 2 indies

-1 mafia scum

Abductor abducts SK
Mafia bulletproof returns at Night
Mafia targets abductor, fails
Soren uses seal on abductor

10 town / 1 indie

-1 indie

Town wins with 10 town members remaining before N3 with -1 casualties due to revival.

So basically, any setup with more than two power roles is going to have some skewed results. That said, mafia isn't chance and luck isn't ever "just luck".

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Given perfect scenarios and independent scum crossover, yes.

Redirect vig on even numbered Nights (+1 kill on even)
SK (+1 kill erryday)
Mafia kill (+1 kill erryday)
Abduction (+1 removal erryday)
Lynch scum (-1 scum player)

gives a 4/5/4 result.

-1 scum / - 3 town

7 town / 3 scum / 2 indie scum

-1 scum / - 4 town

3 town / 2 scum / 2 indie scum

-1 scum / -3 town

1 scum / 2 indie scum

Abductor lynched

+3 town

-2 town

3 town / 1 scum / 1 indie scum

1 town / 1 scum / 1 indie scum

SK wins unless 1 town is soren, in which case soren helps lynch the SK and seals scum.

But that's assuming worst possible NAR by town and not killing the independents. Under the same guise as before, but this time killing the SK first and Abductor second:

-1 indie scum / - 2 town

8 town / 4 scum / 1 indie scum

-1 indie scum / - 2 town (redirected vig)

6 town / 4 scum

-1 scum / - 1 town

5 town / 3 scum

-1 scum / - 2 town

3 town / 2 scum

-1 scum / -1 town

2 town / 1 scum

-1 scum

Town wins with two remaining.

This is all not including the +2 revives (grand total of +1 townie due to Mist dying) and the +3 seals (given a 100% town success rate, they'd get rid of the redirector on even numbered nights to improve town's kill ratio to -1 indie scum / -2 mafia scum, ending the game if four days losing only three townies and gaining one of them back for a final count of eight townies.

This also implies there is no negative indie / scum interaction. Given optimum town play and sub-optimum indie/scum play the game would have played like this:

10 town / 4 scum / 2 indies

-1 mafia scum

Abductor abducts mafia roleblocker
SK kills redirector
Mafia targets SK, fails
SK gives Soren two ability uses
Soren uses seal on mafia bulletproof on D1

10 town / 1 scum / 2 indies

-1 mafia scum

Abductor abducts SK
Mafia bulletproof returns at Night
Mafia targets abductor, fails
Soren uses seal on abductor

10 town / 1 indie

-1 indie

Town wins with 10 town members remaining before N3 with -1 casualties due to revival.

So basically, any setup with more than two power roles is going to have some skewed results. That said, mafia isn't chance and luck isn't ever "just luck".
As a practical rule of modding town should not be able to lose with less then 3 mislynches, the only exception being if it it's a larger game where projected worse case loss won't happen until at least day 6.

Period, the game was too small to incorperate the number of factions xivii included.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
As a practical rule of modding town should not be able to lose with less then 3 mislynches, the only exception being if it it's a larger game where projected worse case loss won't happen until at least day 6.

Period, the game was too small to incorperate the number of factions xivii included.
I disagree. Town should be expected to not commit hari-kari. If you're assuming optimal independent AND scum play combined, you should also assume optimal town play. Optimal town play against optimal independent and scum play = town wins in this setup.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I disagree. Town should be expected to not commit hari-kari. If you're assuming optimal independent AND scum play combined, you should also assume optimal town play. Optimal town play against optimal independent and scum play = town wins in this setup.
This isn't about optimal play, this is about swingieness being defined by worst-case scenarios. A game is simply too swingy if town can lose with less then 3 mislynches except in extremely large games.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, I'd like to note that we four stocked town... but if there was even one more townie for another Day or one less scum, FF would have been lynched the next Day to bring back the rest of town. If town assumed I was lying about cop claim and killed me and went on a scum lynching spree, they would have won at that point.

Worst case scenario should never be accoutned for simply because it is the WCS. It's the same as assuming BCS for a faction; it never happens.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This isn't about optimal play, this is about swingieness being defined by worst-case scenarios. A game is simply too swingy if town can lose with less then 3 mislynches except in extremely large games.
Given town's myriad of abilities, if used properly, the game shouldn't be swingy at all. You get too hung up on possibilities rather than the reality of how the games are played. They aren't just numbers; personal responsibility also exists.

In reality, the only thing that makes me think this is more scum-friendly is that there was the possibility of two ??? flips and only one one-shot reveal.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Given town's myriad of abilities, if used properly, the game shouldn't be swingy at all. You get too hung up on possibilities rather than the reality of how the games are played. They aren't just numbers; personal responsibility also exists.

In reality, the only thing that makes me think this is more scum-friendly is that there was the possibility of two ??? flips and only one one-shot reveal.
Scum also had a myraid of abilities, ultimately the game was very hung up on lynching scum in the right order. Granted me dying early really screwed things over, but given that there were 3 effective NKs floating around, so it wasn't that unlikely, and if I got nk'd without a doc, i was NK bait again even if I got rev'd.

Which meant we had to depend on a sk to kill beatstick.

Frankly, beatstick's role was far too powerful for a vig that could only kill every other night.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't know what I could do with my role. I don't really care about roles, though. I wouldn't mind being vt.

Although I think Zen did good, it's just he was experimenting with his role. I didn't know what to do, and Gord/GLG were questionable as was I.

And man those ??? flips. Gah. It was tough.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'll pop in for some shoutouts tonight. Good game, Daeins, nice to see we fought on.

Fakeclaiming cop was imo extremely risky and I'm amazed that it went so well. Not lynched, not abducted, just put up on a pedestal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xiivi the type to not put a simple sane cop in his games?

The setup was a bit swingy, but not skewed in one way or the other. Town had a lot of roles that just didn't see air. And three, never mind four, factions is always swingier and more prone to twists and turns, and brings every faction down. That the mafia won so quickly was a miracle, not a balance issue.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Overswarm
Actually, the reason I've developed the "me too" thing slightly is because when I make the case myself, it seems to always end in a mislynch. Take mario kart mafia. I had two (what I felt were excellent) cases on you and Tiger woods, and got two mislynches out of them. :/

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I revived Vanilla Town N1 so I could be confirmedish if I needed to claim D2.

BUT THEN.

so it worked out I guess. Kind of.

I'm taking your advice to heart, OS. Thanks.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
remind me to not let scum convince me that them and the other scum are town sdf;sjdakjdl.

and yes, I do have a severe case of imad .jpg.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Overswarm
Actually, the reason I've developed the "me too" thing slightly is because when I make the case myself, it seems to always end in a mislynch. Take mario kart mafia. I had two (what I felt were excellent) cases on you and Tiger woods, and got two mislynches out of them. :/
Keep trying.

You tunnel and are known for tunneling. Scum will avoid your tunneling unless they want you to do so and by sheer odds you're going to hit town even without them avoiding you. What's more, you needing to "back off" is going to happen more with scum than with anything else since they can cause distractions and support their buddies.

So, keep in mind the end result of you tunneling is going to most often be:

a) you tunneling a townie, scum leave you alone and snicker about you doing their job for them, then town lynches or vigs you

b) you tunneling a scum, scum get others off the wagon and make you look like a lunatic, then vig you when it is safe

Personal suggestion? Try tunneling two people at once to keep scum on their toes and give you two viable options at once. If you are tunneling scum and town both, scum won't have an easy decision. If you are tunneling two scum, you'll have scum wanting to kill you but afraid to because of the connection it brings. If you are tunneling two town, you should have a variety of defenses thrown at you rather than one person floundering and can get the scent faster.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Just to clarify i replaced out because i seriously had no time for this game. Not because i was under pressure, or anything else.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not to say i didn't over react thanks to irl stress and the likes haha. Lessons learned i suppose, sorry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's fine. You wagoned Gord early on. xD

I did the same with Zen tho. X1 noticed. I just made a bull**** reason.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I dunno. Like OS was telling me we should have lynched RR. I didn't see it.

I was busy defending myself the whole time, and re-reading... and responding to the case... bleh...

Hate replacing in.

or maybe I just skimmed it.

I think the next day was gonna be OS but then he claimed cop. lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I had a case that should've gotten him lynched... d1.

Heck, glg and nich were both pretty obvious town, why the hell did you guys push them over RR? (those last few days I had to drop off the face of the planet, yea, I know, srry, but irl johns)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got off those wagons. Everyone else pushed GLG and nich. (people thought I was just trying to be safe scum but idc, rather save two townies then kill one, cept I killed zen lol, thought he was scum)

I pushed Nich because he seemed off, but I believed his claim.

Also people were paranoid with me and GLG replacing in. Gord and Glyph really hurt us. xD

Basically RR was non-existant to me.

Also if you have the case typed up, could you post it? (I'll read it : D )

#HBC | Nabe

When you have four hands, it's very easy to press on four different sides. The value of teamwork in mafia is diversification -- if you have multiple players with different "perspectives", you're always ready and able to take advantage of any situation as it presents itself.

Pretty funny that the indies ended up being FF and CDubs, as a sidenote.

#HBC | Nabe

Picked a few sorted shoutouts since I was absent for the latter game.

Beat:
Congrats, well done. You got in the swing of playing scum very quickly. I look forward to being on opposite sides of the net next time.

X1:
You're a hard match for me. As town, you get very good reads, and in the right crowd you get your lynches, which keeps me on my toes. But you do have to sell your cases better.

What else is there to say, but good job. Obviously you know how good you are at reading for indies, even in the event that they don't flip their expected role, heh. Thanks for stepping up to carry, it worked out very nicely.

Raj:
Like OS says, you can be unpredictable. He was comfortable with keeping you around, but I wanted you gone. If we ever play a game together again and you die D1, know that it was probably me.

GLG:
Again, I find myself disappointed that you don't post more. I think you'd have done a decent job of leading the game after you were confirmed town, and you didn't really try to. Some more competition out of you could've made this a very different game.

Zen:
I meant every post I made to you. It's very easy to carry on a long dialogue when you mean what you say. If I had been town, I'd probably have pursued you to a lynch rather than letting it happen around me.

Ryu:
You were looking very scummy, but you came back and saddled up enough for it to not be an issue when bigger targets were presented. Don't let yourself slip into the crowd too far.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This setup only continues to disgust me every time I go over it and the fact that people are actually seriously contending it wasn't broken in mafia's favor makes me want to go puke in the corner.

Xiivi, your creativity is amazing and I love some of the ideas you had for roles in this game but as a whole there are a lot of really bad things you tried with this setup and I just can't agree with both in terms of balance and in terms of general mafia principle. Don't take anything I say personally because I'm not trying to insult you at all but seriously I think this setup, as a whole, is incredibly sub par.

Adum is 100% right in saying that town being able to lose in 3 days even nailing scum every time is a ****ing whole new tier of ridiculous, ESPECIALLY IF THE INDIES ARE BP, because then you can't count on mafia to kill them in crossfire. Having a 4 man scum team, one of which is BP, one of which is unlynchable, and then giving the town the forced burden of LYNCHING two indies to win is just straight up absurd for a game this size.

I assume this incredible power discrepancy was attempted to be made up for by the reviver which is also ****ing stupid. A role like that is the DEFINITION of swingy. The ability to bring back two townies, confirmed as such, to the game and give the town the ability to make the mafia's NA's more predictable is all well and good, except when you put ALL THAT COUNTER BALANCING POWER INTO ONE ROLE. A role that has no one able to protect it, and a role that if killed early (read: this ****ing game) ****s the town in terms of balance.

Reviving roles are ****ing ******** anyway from a principle standpoint, so regardless of whether or not you think the reviver made up for how stacked the mafia faction was, the point is you shouldn't be balancing a game off of reviving roles in the first place. They're the ****ing definition of roles that overcentralize the game.

The idea of giving anti town folks a list of not present roles and not present characters is a decent one, but in reality it has quite a few flaws.

Giving the scum such a ridiculously expansive list to cover for 4 ****ing players makes the chances that an indy might claim something that they had as non-existent in their list way to high, especially in my scenario where quite honestly my provided fakeclaims were pretty ****ty and luckily I was smart enough to claim Leanne, and not Reyson, which would have instantly outed me to the scum.

Furthermore, giving the SCUM TEAM a fake claim of cop when they ALSO HAD A JANITOR is S-tier level ********.

A good fake claim should require planning, knowledge acquisition, or good predictive ability to pull off. It shouldn't be handed to you on a ****ing silver platter. Giving a cop claim to a scum team that again, already had the ability to limit two flips from the game on top of all the abductions is straight up absurd. A mafiat literally has to do ZERO WORK to make his fake claim check out if he claims cop. He knows everyone who is and isn't mafia aligned. Being wrong on an indy doesn't hurt your credibility at all, because cops often get innocents on indies anyway. So ****ing OP.

Beyond that, if the scum has a janitor ability they SHOULD BE LIMITED IN THEIR CHOICES FOR FAKE CLAIMS. Like seriously, they have a means to acquire a perfect fake claim. Why in the world do they also need such an extensive list of ****? I seriously don't understand this.

Coroners are ****ing ********. Mods need to decide, do I want the mafia to be able to restrict flips, or do I not? Don't leave it up to ****ing chance on whether the coroner survives long enough or doesn't get RB'd to determine whether something like HAVING ACCESS TO FLIPS occurs in a game this large.

Unlynchable mafia are ****ing stupid. Pretty much anything outside of Tom's permanent mentor/mentee unlynchable dealy that is unlynchable is ****ing stupid.

Also, telling me that there was no watcher in the game when functional equivalents like Spy are in the game is misleading and borderline ******* modding. Voyeur also comes dangerously close.

And then there's the whole deal with the seal ability, which again is creative, but definitely introduces a lot of execution related questions. Again I don't think the game principally should have ended there but the way you wrote the roles and their effects, it makes sense that you DID end it, since it was in fact consistent. I don't agree with that design, but that was the design, so whatever.

I could go on forever but yeah, gratz mafia on your win but holy **** would I have been surprised if you didn't. I don't think you guys played exceptionally well except for BeatStick who legit had me fooled. I seriously thought he was super townie. RR was obv. from D1 and OS and Nabe I were both considering for a long time but didn't actively pursue because town was just so willing to take easy mislynches that I went along with. I feel like scum victory here was very much enabled by powerful abilities and claims after hitting all of the town's best assets super early on. Scum outplayed town, that's for sure, and arguably better than the indies, but not by a long shot, and it certainly doesn't say much when you consider power balance and the ability for town to even acquire solid info to use to scumhunt (I seriously still can't get over encryptor, jan, and abductor in the same setup and how that could be considered a healthy, balanced idea).

It is kind of ironic that both Cdubs and I ended up indy. Weird ****.

Interesting analysis of my play OS but honestly I never thought you were town or scum 100% at any point. Honestly I didn't care much. I was just using your claim in combination with mine to give me more legitimacy for the late game. That's what all my NA's were designed to do. I planned to abduct you the next night after supporting you for the 2nd time but stupid sealing bull**** and related shenanigans threw a wrench into that. Long story short yeah I was just being deliberately no abrasive toward you because I needed you to confirm my NA's, and predicted correctly that if you did have a PR or were going to act like you did, you wouldn't "bring the mob" so to speak to your claimed supporter, and it would certainly look strange for you to do so if you did, making that a situation I was confident I could talk around everyone in. That's the reasoning behind me supporting you. I was going to be perfectly fine with lynching you had you vs. Cdubs gone differently, or if you had some other major slip-up. Your cop claim did catch me by surprised and juxtaposed with Cdub's it certainly seemed legitimate, but again, I simply went along with it because being attached to a successful cop claim, whether it was being faked or not, certainly would have worked for me in the late game.

As for Induce I used it on Nich N2 to make sure he couldn't be roleblocked. It was to A.) make sure we got that flip info and 2.) Make sure he wasn't bull****ting once and for all. Had he claimed roleblocked on his coroner, I would have known for sure he was scum lying out his *** since I induced him and could have lead a lynch on him. I planned to save my last induce for a critical lategame moment because I predicted, once again perfectly, that people would be hoping to use **** like roleblocks as a means to "prove" who was or wasn't the abductor. I had the ace in the hole to make sure if I was the RB candidate on D4 or D6, I could dodge the RB and pseudo clear myself. Almost worked, but you can't blame me for not predicting the hax level BS that was the sealer.

OS what quote did you use from my facebook? I seriously must've missed it because I have no idea what you're referring to lol. Clearly not an effective way to try to buddy me. =P

Also wondering how the hell you found out my real name too lol.... o_O

But yeah, I'm done ranting and being super salty about all this. **** this game.

Beat!

Smash Master
As for Induce I used it on Nich N2 to make sure he couldn't be roleblocked.
Looool.

We were really going "wtf" over why RR's RB didn't work.

It will be interesting to hear Xiivis thoughts on the setup/the game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS what quote did you use from my facebook? I seriously must've missed it because I have no idea what you're referring to lol. Clearly not an effective way to try to buddy me. =P

Also wondering how the hell you found out my real name too lol.... o_O
I think it was this one:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu

But not sure.

We also didn't get any information from our Janitor / Encrypt, and all of our abilities were limited use only.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think, balance wise, if I was editing this setup I'd make Nabe's role town. Having only three mafia would have changed this game considerably.

Top Bottom