• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
10. Overswarm

Vote: Overswarm

Best to do as town OR scum :p <3
Gord is automatically instant-town just for that. :awesome:

More seriously...

@Rajam
Were you serious with that fullclaim idea, or was it just RVS stuff?

@X1
I don't see why you find Gord scummy. I admit that his big post is mainly pro-gord (in helping him to get meta reads and stuff), but that doesn't make it scummy (Case in point with that would be Omni, DGames mafia.)

@Gord
I'm going to try and take Kirby King's advice from All Stars mafia (basically: Tunnel less). So I'll be trying to focus on a broader spectrum of players instead of just a couple this game.

@Town in general
Just a quick heads-up, I won't be able to access this game much on weekdays until after 3:00ish.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gordito said:
Lol DRoom maf. From all of the experience you've learned from mafia so far, what's one big thing you think is important to keep in mind as town, and one important thing to keep in mind as town? Yes, please answer.[/color]

Flavor is not a basis for a lynch. Especially with Xiivi as the mod hahaha. A big issue I had last game was not looking at the motivations of people posting. Like right now, most of our posts are for comedic value, simply because we don't have anything to go off of yet.

Onto other stuff:
Its been a long time since I played Path of Radiance, but should we entertain the possibility of a Laguz (sp?) party as well as mafia? And what kind of roles would a person who can turn into an animal have?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Glyph

That's good to think of as town, but if you were scum this game (not calling you town or scum), what would past experience tell you to help you out?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wow I literally ended that quote with a [/color] instead of [/quote]. Old habits die hard I guess.

Zen said:
-Glyph ignores Gord being scummy.
What. Where?

Gordito said:
@Glyph

That's good to think of as town, but if you were scum this game (not calling you town or scum), what would past experience tell you to help you out?
Ohhhh, I have a feeling your original question meant to ask me one thing for town and one for scum, instead of two for town. From what I've seen as scum, its a good idea to hit a moderate amount of posts. Not excessive, but enough to let people know you're there and "contributing"

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ninja'd by Zen.

Looks like I'm scum.

If that's so, how do you feel about saving my lynch/NK to D3/N3, that way, I can make connections and you can scumhunt outside of tunneling me? Cuz I know that that's what's gonna end up happening if you gun for my lynch toDay.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
EBWOP: Making lists is scummy?

X1-12

Smash Champion
EBWOP: Making lists is scummy?
Yes, doing it like that at the start of the game is what we call a "standard tell" its like just one of those traps noobs fall into when the feel inclined to post but don't know what to say. Obviously more experience players know it but don't talk about it to increase the chances someone falling into it.

Its also worth noting at this point that we shouldn't be content with just a Gboy lynch, we should look at connections, eg how Nich just totally distracted from the lynch. More scumtells.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gord I'm not going to intentionally let scum live, that would be dumb. If people don't realize what you're proposing is the biggest tell of them all, then they are dumb.

Glyph isn't Gordito's scumbuddy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You're welcome, but I actually had a slightly more practical goal in mind with that post, I wanted people to know you're a strong player (if presumably unrefined) so we don't let you off as noobtown if you do something scummy for example. Since there are only a couple of players here who have access to the BBR I wanna get it out there now so everyone can get a read on you.
Fair enough. I hadn't intended to use inexperience johns this time anyway, now that I've got some battle experience.

But do you really expect something like that from me at this point? :p

unvote

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gord can you give an example of where I have tunneled somone throughout the day? I'm usually pretty flexible with my reads with the exception of one game, which you weren't in.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
-Nich derails from Gord.
-Glyph ignores Gord being scummy.
Zen, in the past couple games you've been my #2 critic (aside from OS) regarding my tunneling. Now you're tunneling on Gord, and I'm not quite sure why. Explain yourself.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Raziek, can I call you Raz? And is that all you have to say?

Red Ryu why were you avoiding posting at the time of this post?

X1-12

Smash Champion
If you post without voting gordito, I expect you to explain why you are not, despite the fact that its the most pro-town thing to do at this point. Zen is the only exception to this rule because he is a dude

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Mod: Would the activities shown on a players profile be considered technical data? Along with the time.

Like, Last Activity: Replying to thread

or something.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Zen, I see you viewing this thread. Explain why Gord is scummy.

@X1
That standard tell thing is a lie. First off, I've never heard of such a thing, and secondly, I've seen townies make huge lists of random stuff at the start of game (if anyone needs an example of this, check tree-stump mafia.) So tell me again, why should I vote Gord?

X1-12

Smash Champion

@X1
That standard tell thing is a lie. First off, I've never heard of such a thing, and secondly, I've seen townies make huge lists of random stuff at the start of game (if anyone needs an example of this, check tree-stump mafia.) So tell me again, why should I vote Gord?
Are you ****ing simple or something son?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen, in the past couple games you've been my #2 critic (aside from OS) regarding my tunneling. Now you're tunneling on Gord, and I'm not quite sure why. Explain yourself.
You tunnel the wrong people for the wrong reasons extensively. Your tunneling here would be much appreciated.

Also it hasn't even been an irl day yet. I'm not tunneling.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes, Zen, you're free to call me Raz.

And yes, for the moment, this is all I have to say. You guys seem quite intense for RVS, BBR was casual as hell. xD

I mean yeah, I know there's no other way to pick someone other than latching on the first random thing, but this seems a bit much right off the bat. @_@

Well, as the saying goes: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

vote: Gordito

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You tunnel the wrong people for the wrong reasons extensively. Your tunneling here would be much appreciated.

Also it hasn't even been an irl day yet. I'm not tunneling.
I don't measure tunneling by RL days so much as by posts. And you've been relentless on Gord.

And for all you complain about me tunnelling... I've never actually seen you tell me WHY I'm wrong, just "You're tunneling, idiot. Player X is town."

This you/X1 teamup going on is ringing alarm bells for me right now.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Gordito: What do you think of the case against you? What does it say about X1? How about Zen? What do you think of the players who are ignoring/were ignoring it till it was pointed out?

Also, there's no reason to trust my reads on them more then my reads on anyone else (barring of course, OS). I've played him a few times, but I don't see myself as especially good at understanding him. Razeik I've only played one game with, and while I pegged him as scum early on, his play changed drastically later on and I'm unsure if I'd be able to read his lategame play if he did it consistently.

I wanna reaction fish gord more before I weigh in on this myself.

Fair enough. I hadn't intended to use inexperience johns this time anyway, now that I've got some battle experience.

But do you really expect something like that from me at this point? :p

unvote
Expect you to do it, possibly (play to win after all). Expect others to give you a pass for it, yes.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Don't dodge the question, X1. You know it won't work with me.
Ok I will plain ignore you until he is dead, and upon his scum flip, you are dead.

@Adum: the fact you posted your #63 (particularly paragraph 3) makes it ok to vote Gboy now. Please do so.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ok I will plain ignore you until he is dead, and upon his scum flip, you are dead.

@Adum: the fact you posted your #63 (particularly paragraph 3) makes it ok to vote Gboy now. Please do so.
I've had enough of you, scum. You can't refute my argument, so you're going the Zen/All-star route of "This guy's an idiot/scum, ignore him."
Vote: X1

Beat!

Smash Master
@Gord
I followed YT memes from start to finish, and I'm following other games too (I read somewhere that you're not supposed to talk about active games, so I won't name them). I recognise x1, FF, Overswarm, and you.

Also

unvote
Vote: Nicholas1024

Why did you get so offended so easily?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Heh Nabe. You gonna do that silly ol' Sherlock thingy?
You volunteering? I think I promised X1 he could be Watson. Might've been vice versa. Plus, it seems to me that you're already sinking.

I saw people get on you in a game that doesn't exist for something similar to this. If you're town, make sure you tell us your reads from this when you're lynched.

Vote: Gordito

X1, this is cool, and imma let you finish, but do you want to be my Watson?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Did you read my post? I neither agreed nor disagreed with you and I have no intention of giving that opinion until I have useful reactions and giving my opinion on it at this point will spoil his reactions.

His answers, then I'll give my opinion.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
On further investigation...

Ninja'd by Zen.

Looks like I'm scum.

If that's so, how do you feel about saving my lynch/NK to D3/N3, that way, I can make connections and you can scumhunt outside of tunneling me? Cuz I know that that's what's gonna end up happening if you gun for my lynch toDay.
This post really feels off to me, but so does the way X1/Zen just made a beeline for Gord. It doesn't seem like Gord was surprised at all at their aggression.

@Gord
I want an explanation for why you reacted that way.

@Beatstick
I'm aggressive a lot in mafia. It's really just the way I play.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Gord
I followed YT memes from start to finish, and I'm following other games too (I read somewhere that you're not supposed to talk about active games, so I won't name them). I recognise x1, FF, Overswarm, and you.
I'm crushed. You read YT and you don't recognize me?
I'm that guy who led the mafia to their perfect win. :cool:

Beat!

Smash Master
Sorry, sorry, forgot about you Nabe xD. I'm on my phone, so I can't check the player list and post at the same time.

And I heard role claiming mafia and losing is another way of "leading mafia to a perfect win"? :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Confirm'd.

For those that didn't read ZV's bio, I suggest you do. It's actually quite a good read.
Saying this implies that he read over everything, but if he had read over everything, then he would know that mostly everyone posting probably had already read it or was planning to so there was no reason for him to say this based off the surface intentions he was trying to give off of simply suggesting people read it because it was cool because he would know that most probably have/would read it if he read that far. Therefore, he had other intentions for making his post: to give off the appearance that he was a townie-ol'-townie reading everything in the OP like a good ol' townie should.

We know however that he did not do so because:

1. He made a confirmation in the same post, but if he had read through everything, he would have known no such thing was needed.
2. As I said above, the fact that he mentioned to others, they should read it.

These two things show that he had not really read through everything. However, not diving into the OP entering into the game isn't scummy in itself. It's the fact that he tried to give the appearance that he did when he didn't. We know he didn't, but he again later confirms the sentiment that he did (which I forgot to quote in this post, but it's his #38). He states directly that he had read through the rules at the time of that post.
Those who have not played with me are likely not to see this point, but Gord and I have been in quite a bit of games together. He knows how I play and knows that I never ever just say random things in rvs that I don't truely believe, even if it's off of something small. He posted this pic trying to shrug off my statement like it was a joke, but he very well knew it wasn't. I confirm that he knows this because just a few posts later he gave in and tried making a deal. That post itself shows that Gordito knows I am serious and am not joking. So he posting this pic to try and shrug it off shows to me that he is trying to play it safe and didn't know how to properly respond to my accusations with words.

Town Gord would have just been straight up front with this and tell me I was wrong.
Ninja'd by Zen.

Looks like I'm scum.

This is a directvscumtell. When scum are cornered, the have to make some last resort efforts such as making a deal. This post itself is pretty self revealing of his alignment. I don't see how anyone could not see this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So Zen, are you saying part of your case is coming off personal experiance you have had with Gordy?

Don't you think that can be a bit dangerous as it falls under kind of a gut feeling kind of read?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Vote: Gordy

Gordito right now there is a surprisingly substantial case built up against you, largely by Zen. Why do you think he's taken such an interest in you? (I only want HIS answer by the way gents)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So Zen, are you saying part of your case is coming off personal experiance you have had with Gordy?
Yes, part.

Don't you think that can be a bit dangerous as it falls under kind of a gut feeling kind of read?
Yes for certain people. Some people you can't really rely on personal experience because they make it out for them not to be metad. But only part of my case is because I have experience with him. Why are you inderectly trying to belittle my case?

Top Bottom