• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Rajam

Smash Champion
Well that was the point. I was thinking about entertaining the possibility that you were the abductor. I was going to ask you to use the seal command on someone, since it would be harmless if you were telling the truth. Since you apparently had three "charges", it would've "outed" you immediately.
Just saw this :O

That command was a bluff. All I had to do was send a PM to Xiivi. I did that command thing just to look a little more limited and also to ensure everyone would believe my ability was Sealing and not removing/abducting ppl ( all that to prevent suspicion on me as the remover )

Indies:

Cdubs: At first you were just null, then a little scummy, but then from D2 I did a little re-read on you and considered your scum-hunting was genuine, so that's why I put you as town in my last lists. You did well until OS accused you of scum, because then you overreacted and panicked; your reaction wasn't town-natural. Your slip was hilarious lol. What were your targets D1 and D2?

FrozenFlame: I could never consider you town based purely on your activity level. I just have a hard time calling people "town" if they aren't active enough. That's why I didn't hesitate much when sealing you. I also thought your long posts accusing several people were kinda scummy more than helpful, and I never read them carefully because I knew I could've gone biased. But your ability to scumhunt is sharp indeed. I can understand that you went inactive based on your role as independent and also due to your rl legit johns, but in the future try to stay more active, specially if you are in a game with me again or I'll start to pressure you based purely on your activity level :p. Your ability as a motivator was very strange for an indy, but I guess you used it well, though probably if it were me I would have just used it on myself and induce myself, and someone else to look town next night. I knew something was off when you claimed Leanne instead of Reyson, but with Xiivi as the moderator and all those ??? flips I couldn't pursue that detail more deeply.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha, Rajam you had me thinking you were the abductor when you posted "Seal: FrozenFlame". I'm the only mod I know of that uses Day abilities in that way; most require PMs.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Rajam, trust me, I know that when I'm inactive it makes me look suspicious. That's partially the point.

When I'm super active a draw a lot of attention to myself, and sorry, but I don't feel like being NK'd every N1 when I'm town or being the focus of everyone's NA's in every game. It over centralizes the game, and makes my experience far worse because it hinders my ability to win as scum and contribute as town when I'm the focal point of the game all the time.

Not saying that my level of inactivity in this game was justified. It wasn't. I had **** going on and managed my time poorly. That's my bad. I don't think my inactivity was devastating to the game or to my own chances at winning, but it certainly didn't help, though it did have slight strategic value early on and did, as I had hoped, keep at least most of the PRs in this game away from me.

Pressure me all you want for activity in future games we play. I welcome it, and I'm perfectly comfortable getting pressure for not being super active. You aren't the first person to hold it against me. I really don't feel like I need to be incredibly active to play well as town, or any role for that matter.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Your style of play this game was actually really good for a town power role, so that in conjunction with your claim really confused me. You had good content when you did come in, so it looked legitimate.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Looool.

We were really going "wtf" over why RR's RB didn't work.

It will be interesting to hear Xiivis thoughts on the setup/the game.
Yeah I agree, I'd like to know how I could have used my role in a better way.

I also agree with Rajam. I was thinking FF was scum for that too. But I couldn't tell because FF usually is inactive like that.

But I guess I could understand what FF was trying to do. Also I guess it gives us a chance to rise up and try to catch scum as well. Gives us room to improve. Maybe FF should make a new account and try a different style.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I once considered making multiple accounts and completely wrecking a game by going in as 3/4ths of the players. It'd be awesome, but I wouldn't want to ruin someone's game so I didn't.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nabachu said:
Zen:
I meant every post I made to you. It's very easy to carry on a long dialogue when you mean what you say. If I had been town, I'd probably have pursued you to a lynch rather than letting it happen around me.
It's likely that you meant every post you said because you were viewing from the scum perspective. You had no town goal in mind thus lacked the motive a town member would have in viewing my intentions. Your job was to find scummy things in others. A town member looks for both scummy intent and townie intent. I doubt that as town you would have had such intense thoughts of me "not holding myself accountable". This is shown from past experience. You somehow believe that my play here is mirror to that of FF6, and there you did not express such concern of my play. You were town there, so from that it shows that it was your scum alignment-perspective that produced your thoughts in my actions this game, not my actions in itself.

That's not to say I shouldn't have played differently, I know that now, just not to the exaggerated extent that you proclaim.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you just need to calm down more than anything. You get yourself so worked up and tend to go from the perspective of "I am town, this will help town! Others will see it!" when they won't. I generally am able to call you out as town or scum depending on whether your actions are anti-town or not. If they're anti-town, you're town =P

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If he play's anti-town I don't mind him getting lynched. I dunno.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What could I do to improve?

It seems like the only reason I made it to end game was the fact people just floated away from me for one reason or another.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think you just need to calm down more than anything. You get yourself so worked up and tend to go from the perspective of "I am town, this will help town! Others will see it!" when they won't. I generally am able to call you out as town or scum depending on whether your actions are anti-town or not. If they're anti-town, you're town =P
lol I see. Yeah I need to work on that. I just tend to get so restless. I tend to assume that people will catch on to my intent, which many that I play with often do, but I shall work on being more...settle and pro-town in the general sense.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, ask OS and Adum.

I was too busy defending myself.

Rest of town was too busy trying to get rid of me (Sorry town)
and GLG and Nich. Then there was the squabble between X1 and OS.

Then Zen. I just didn't like how he went in D2 saying "Vote Ran, Vote Ran"... dumb posts. W/e.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Then there was the squabble between X1 and OS.
*bows*

The most anti-town thing one can do is prevent information from surfacing naturally. I wasted a lot of time with X1 and FF, being an independent, found it useful to buddy me and basically blame him. XD

Red Ryu said:
What could I do to improve?

It seems like the only reason I made it to end game was the fact people just floated away from me for one reason or another.
Play more games! Re-read the sections in this game knowing what you know now. Find out WHY people floated away. Did your scummates draw attention? Did everyone ignore them? How long between posts was it? Did you post at this time? Did they go inactive until something happened? Find the reason, then try to replicate that reason in the future.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
It's likely that you meant every post you said because you were viewing from the scum perspective. You had no town goal in mind thus lacked the motive a town member would have in viewing my intentions. Your job was to find scummy things in others. A town member looks for both scummy intent and townie intent. I doubt that as town you would have had such intense thoughts of me "not holding myself accountable". This is shown from past experience. You somehow believe that my play here is mirror to that of FF6, and there you did not express such concern of my play. You were town there, so from that it shows that it was your scum alignment-perspective that produced your thoughts in my actions this game, not my actions in itself.

That's not to say I shouldn't have played differently, I know that now, just not to the exaggerated extent that you proclaim.
The "not holding yourself accountable" thing is an easy talking point, but imo also true. Again, I didn't say anything I wouldn't have thought in my standard town play. It's something I echoed into my other town games when I saw other players doing the same.

Re: FF6, that was the whole point -- that it was something I saw you doing in FF6 when I was town, and called you out on in that game. As town I'd have said the same thing in this game, only I might have fleshed it out and pursued you to a lynch, because as town I'd have no surety of your alignment and wouldn't have wanted to save your lynch for later.

Top Bottom