• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Heroes Mafia: Book 2 - ENDGAME - A Surt-ain Mafia Loses, Town Prevails

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm gonna be frank this game was underwhelming. I was completely honest about my role to 3 people and still everyone was suspicious of me. I might as well have been a vanilla townie. I never even got a chance to do anything. I could have easily just the 3 people I supported and never posted and still had the same effect in the game.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm gonna be frank this game was underwhelming. I was completely honest about my role to 3 people and still everyone was suspicious of me. I might as well have been a vanilla townie. I never even got a chance to do anything. I could have easily just the 3 people I supported and never posted and still had the same effect in the game.
Your role was really cool. But it definitely asks for a lot of engagement to find people you think are suspicious, as well as some pro-town Day play that shows that you're on the right side.

D

Deleted member

I did not do too well, but at least I did better in this mafia than the Capcom vs All Stars and Fate 2 mafia.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Your role was really cool. But it definitely asks for a lot of engagement to find people you think are suspicious, as well as some pro-town Day play that shows that you're on the right side.
But I could never use it cause everyone voted for the mafia both times so I was completely useless

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The thing that disappointed me the most was that the mafia never tried to use everyone's distrust of me to their advantage

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Man, Shishce was ACTUALLY trying to prevent me from getting a win even though his team was dead LOL! NOT COOL DUDE! How’re you gonna do me like that :( Grima just wanted to have a good time and party with the lads.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well for the most part. despite the chaotic nature this was indeed an most enjoyable game for myself to participate in. It has been awhile since i've played some form of mafia so it was good for me to be in.

On another note, I'll prefer to avoid the horror stories of crazy games i've seen others refrence. And also would not like to have a gun pointed at my head to join games either. . . Katherine.

I would be, however to just be asked if i want to participate though. Much like how pokechu has done and asked here at the start. You can keep me in line for future games if so inclined.

D

Deleted member

Man, Shishce was ACTUALLY trying to prevent me from getting a win even though his team was dead LOL! NOT COOL DUDE! How’re you gonna do me like that :( Grima just wanted to have a good time and party with the lads.
If you were, I was actually hoping people wouldn't believe a word I said to let you get away. Reverse psychology and all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would have liked to know who you would have kept around if you had made it to 2 townies left, Shish.

D

Deleted member

I would have liked to know who you would have kept around if you had made it to 2 townies left, Shish.
The plan was Pokechu because he seemed to believe me but man, would that have backfired lol.
You were a consideration for endgame due to your suspicions but lol nope your role would have ruined any possible play in it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The plan was Pokechu because he seemed to believe me but man, would that have backfired lol.
You were a consideration for endgame due to your suspicions but lol nope your role would have ruined any possible play in it.
Honestly I was probably never gonna use the stop lynch lol. The only time I wanted to was when you ended the day but couldn’t for reasons that should have been obvious to me at the time.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
huh

neat to see this, my character arc is a done deal now lol saber revived himself too

A couple of thoughts

I don't think the mafia was underpowered, but I do think that maybe Narcian could have been the fourth. In a game of 17, three mafia is just only about a sixth. I think usually mafia is a fourth? So 4 would've worked just fine, but the mafia did have enough abilities at their disposal already.

I do think that the powerroles though like Cop, Doc, and the Tracker could've lost their secondary abilities. But I can see why they had them, maybe just give the secondaries to other townies who didn't have any. Since my track was WAAAAY better than the PM check, a role like praline could've had the PM check. Maybe a role like ---'s could've had the roleblock Uni did. Although I can see why they were coupled with Cop/Doc/Track because it would have made it easier for the mafia to eliminate them at once.

Neat flavor, as always, but I miss the meta flavor that last game had LOL

Support conversations are neat, but I think that it would have helped if maybe one role could have two. Even if it's one-shot that would've been a really cool role. I think it's a bit iffy how a handful of people went supportless during a Night, but for an experiment it worked really well!

I think having a role solely to influence the day types is underpowered, and we didn't get to experience a Defend phase because of it, but minor problem overall.

Overall, great game, I think more consideration could've been taken to make each role feel equal/like it has something "special" and not something that's just there, but not all roles are made equal and I get that.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe the MVP though!!!!!! I only tracked Shish because after you said you were suspicious of him right at the end of D3, I panicked hard for some reason? And I thought, no, I'm just being a pansy, there's NO WAY Shish is mafia, but then I realized... well, I panicked for a reason, lol

And you essentially took the fall for me when I got the bingo!!! Maaaan, I wish I could've supported you more, I went w/ Holder N2 so another person knew my role, and Shish N3 because I sent the support earlier on already because he asked. In hindsight I should've done you N3 again :'^)

Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel You played really well, too! Sorry for flipping the lid when you outed my role. I was upset you outed it, but because I hadn't use it, nor had any plans to as my track was just better, I had no way to actually prove I had it. But surprisingly not many people asked me to post my results lol

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn I'm upset you died!! Your play was amazing, when Z mentioned Wrys as a possible mayor, and how you didn't claim him? Impressive!! You saved your life with that!!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But here's the thing.

It's only when I dropped that I'm Wrys that I died.

So even without Z, revealing myself equaled death.

That's because he's an obvious doc candidate (and was indeed the doc) because staff user, which would be putting a target on my head if made public.

In other words, I learned from Villains Mafia lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But here's the thing.

It's only when I dropped that I'm Wrys that I died.

So even without Z, revealing myself equaled death.

That's because he's an obvious doc candidate (and was indeed the doc) because staff user, which would be putting a target on my head if made public.

In other words, I learned from Villains Mafia lol
No, it was because Nabe put out a role list with Doctor written right next to your name. I honestly hadn't thought you were a Doctor because last time, Arden was the Doc instead of a Staff user.

Maven89

Smash Master
One thing I want to comment on was people pushing Holder Day 1. Not going to lie, I found Holder incredibly annoying, not due to his strat but the way he carried himself doing it, but there was nothing scummy about it. I feel he town cleared himself almost instantly. It's a smart strat Day 1 and a good way to kick the game off without RVS taking forever. You could claim it's anti-town due to him essentially holding the town "hostage" and the high chance of him killing a townie, but anti-town does not equal pro-scum. A good example is Natz's brother, who basically refused to post anything meaningful day 1. That's anti-town, but not pro-scum. If scum want to not post reads to hide under the radar, they're not going to openly post that they're not giving reads because it'd defeat the purpose. If Holder was a scum dayvig (I'll hate the game that makes that role), he's not going to jump in and throw all the attention on himself knowing that he's going to shoot a townie day 1, nor give that power away in the very beginning of the game. Holder doing what he did cleared him almost instantly.

Fun Dgames history: Ryker and EE were two very good players. Ryker once got a day1 dayvig, so he start the game by telling EE to claim within an hour or he'd shoot him. EE told him to **** himself, so Ryker shot him (he was an innocent child). EE quit mafia forever.

Two or so years later, Glyph got a day1 dayvig, so he started the game by telling Ryker if he didn't claim within 5 minutes he'd shoot him. he shot him, I don't remember his role but he was town.

We stopped using Day1 dayvigs after that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did find Holder's play brilliant tbh, I just couldn't say that because I wanted him dead.
(I'll hate the game that makes that role
Welcome to FEH Mafia 1 and Villains Mafia, what's your order?

Top Bottom